Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Some are calling Le'Veon Bell a genius.

That's what this article says anyway...

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/ContentGallery/LeVeon-Bell-teammates-reaction-121479848/

Genius ? He's a turd.

Typical. Making it "cool" to resist. Kaep did it. The boxer did it. Things aren't going your way? Lay down.

Yep. Turd.

you see the reports, his own teammates are bashing him

Steelers LG Ramon Foster and C Maurkice Pouncey expressed frustration with Le'Veon Bell continuing his holdout on Wednesday.

"What do you do? Here’s a guy who doesn’t give a damn, so I guess we’ll treat it as such. I just hate it came to this," Foster said. "He’s making seven times what I make, twice as much as [LT] Al [Villanueva] is making and we’re the guys who do it for him." Pouncey added, "The business part...I get it. But not if it's game day. We have a game this Sunday, we're all the way into the game plan and you're still not here?" Players typically side with players on money, but not when it's costing the team potential wins with Bell not showing up. This is getting ugly for Bell.

All I know is that I tried to pick up Conner tonight and lost by a fuckin coin flip :mad:

I get why his teammates are upset.

But I dont get why "fans" or people on message boards are upset.

How dare Bell try to secure as many funds as he can while he can. I mean he plays the easy role of 400 touch RB. Fock him for looking out for himself. Right?

Traded him this year in my dynasty league :first:

Thought this might happen. He's a strange dude. If you follow him on Twitter it's like you're following the page of a middle schooler. He just doesn't get it.

• Like 1

1. Fock the Steelers.

2. RBs get screwed by the CBA.

this. Over and over. How can you hate on bell? The steelers lowballed the guaranteed money. Then they straight used him for 400 plus touches. He knows he is not going back to the steelers once this is all said and done. Why allow himself to be used up? If he sits out 10 games he could save himself 200 to 300plus touches at the rate they used him last year.

If it were me. I would not step foot on the practice field till game 10. Play out the string then hit free agency.

I'd take the 14 Mill and have one of those 'pesky' high ankle sprains the entire year. :banana:

this. Over and over. How can you hate on bell? The steelers lowballed the guaranteed money. Then they straight used him for 400 plus touches.

Plus they pay Antonio Brown and Bell is just as valuable. And then some b1tch says the Bell is making 2x more than Villanueva, when we all know Villanueva took WAY LESS (maybe even 50% less) to stay with the Steelers. It's like Pittsburgh is some bubble where they don't see the outside world.

In this era, an NFL players cred isn't determined by how they produce on the field. It's all about "me vs. he"

"How come me don't get as much as he do?"

The amounts that they are paid....IS justified. They bring in the fans...the jersey sales...the TV ratings...the hot dog and beer sales....etc. I am not one that says "players get paid too much". I defend what they get paid with that argument.

BUT....didn't he sign a contract?

Didn't the contract say "$X for X years"? (Maybe I'm ignorant on this. Maybe there is something I don't understand about his contract).

If so, follow your contract, renegotiate when the duration is up. Is that difficult?

Instead...I'm guessing he saw that "Person X, Y or Z" got paid more, and now they have more "Streed Cred" than he does or "How I come me don't my due props"

You are ignorant to this

Possibly with the contract lay out....but...if he wants money and money is his motivation....why threaten to retire?

If I'm the Steelers or any NFL team and their player is acting like a 10 year old let him retire. I'm not...so they will play his little games.

The older I get....the less I can tolerate someone in the NFL crying because their street cred isn't as good as someone elses.

The Steelers should just wait until he shows up to sign his contract, then officially rescind the franchise tender.

that would make him an instant free agent. A team wouod step in instantly and sign him. Like within an hour the framework would be in place.

Possibly with the contract lay out....but...if he wants money and money is his motivation....why threaten to retire?

If I'm the Steelers or any NFL team and their player is acting like a 10 year old let him retire. I'm not...so they will play his little games.

The older I get....the less I can tolerate someone in the NFL crying because their street cred isn't as good as someone elses.

You have lost me

This is the second year in a row they have franchised him. HTH

Come on, you can't hate on Bell. Change happens when people refuse to go along with the standard.

The franchise tag is really an ingenious system by the owners. It effects one player per team per year at the most, right? The vast majority of players will never even be close to being effected by it. It's why the system may not change, because most players wont be effected. At a minimum, the tag needs to be updated so it doesn't screw positions whose pay is currently suppressed.

I'm a Steelers fan and hope he shows up soon.

There is not one of you would not skip work for two months if you thought it would result in you making more money.

The thing about Bell - he needs to make up his mind.

If you're going to put on a Braveheart front and present this virtuous stance, then stick to it. Don't come in just before the season opener and sign the deal that was on the table all along. When you do this you send a bad message to the other 52 in that locker room that they are beneath you, that you are entitled and not one of them.

Maybe this time will be different, maybe this time he will hold out and miss games. Who knows?

The thing about Bell - he needs to make up his mind.

If you're going to put on a Braveheart front and present this virtuous stance, then stick to it. Don't come in just before the season opener and sign the deal that was on the table all along. When you do this you send a bad message to the other 52 in that locker room that they are beneath you, they you are entitled and not one of them.

Maybe this time will be different, maybe this time he will hold out and miss games. Who knows?

Oh yeah I agree. If he is taking it this far, he needs to see it through to maintain any level of respect

1. Fock the Steelers.

2. RBs get screwed by the CBA.

This. If he reports, the team will probably give him 500 touches and then refuse to offer him even a middle of the road offer. He should sit until week 10.

BUT....didn't he sign a contract?

Didn't the contract say "$X for X years"? (Maybe I'm ignorant on this. Maybe there is something I don't understand about his contract).

No, he did not sign a contract.

They are franchising him for the 2nd straight year in an attempt to use up his prime without ever having to commit long term guaranteed money to him. He didn't sign it.

I believe the Steelers offered him good money, but there was some disagreement on the wording of the guaranteed money, so he refused to sign, so they franchised him.

Not satisfied with the structure his union collectively bargained for, he is going to sit it out. So then, if the Steelers are not satisfied with the money he bargains for due to poor performance, can they go ahead and take it back??

• Like 1

No, he did not sign a contract.

They are franchising him for the 2nd straight year in an attempt to use up his prime without ever having to commit long term guaranteed money to him. He didn't sign it.

Isn't he getting $14 million or something this season?

What is that money for?

The Steelers will discard him after 400 more touches. 99% chance. If they win the SB, the it's a100% guarantee that they let him walk or maybe franchise him a 3rd time. He knows it. Everyone knows it.

He is just trying to feed his family, people......

I thought you could only franchise someone twice? :dunno:

So the owners have no loyalties and save money where money can be saved.

But players should have loyalties.

Neither side is wrong here. Just dont get how its all Bell's fault and hes greedy. They knew when they franchised him a 2nd time that this was a possibility. He already went through this song and dance last year and gave them 400 touches.

So the owners have no loyalties and save money where money can be saved.

But players should have loyalties.

Neither side is wrong here. Just dont get how its all Bell's fault and hes greedy. They knew when they franchised him a 2nd time that this was a possibility. He already went through this song and dance last year and gave them 400 touches.

THIS is the essence.

IF the team were to offer him too little money he can refuse it, got it. But if he performs too poorly then they can get some of that money BACK.....riiiight?

Do you guys have any idea how much the insurance payments are on a Maybach?

No, but his family needs FOOD dambit....maybe we should setup a gofundme?

No, but his family needs FOOD dambit....maybe we should setup a gofundme?

Ooh ooh ooh. Or an online petition! Those always get results!!!

Fock'm, hope Pitt stands their ground - offer him even less than before.

Didn't Emmitt Smith do this with the cowboys one of their Super Bowl years?

THIS is the essence.

IF the team were to offer him too little money he can refuse it, got it. But if he performs too poorly then they can get some of that money BACK.....riiiight?

Refusing a contract offer and taking back money are 2 totally different things.

Not sure what you are even trying to get at here.