Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Falcons at Eagles: In-Game Discussion

Julio is good. He's catching these fly balls from Ryan. He has to create 10 yards of space to give the ball time to get there.

Mistake unless your backup is awesome.

I dont roster two QBs unless its a free agent in a big breakout season. As I said, if I want Trubisky hes on the wire. We will see how Sunday goes.

So the way the Eagles use Agholor, the slow non separating not that athletic smaller ish receiver, Teams should be begging for CPat to use in that manner. A far superior athlete and receiver imo

Julio is good. He's catching these fly balls from Ryan. He has to create 10 yards of space to give the ball time to get there.

You have numerous posts on this in the last hour, have you watched matt ryan in his career. He has always compared to Chad Pennington, the only difference tonight is he is trying to make throws that he cannot make, he needs to change back to his game manager ways.

You have numerous posts on this in the last hour, have you watched matt ryan in his career. He has always compared to Chad Pennington, the only difference tonight is he is trying to make throws that he cannot make, he needs to change back to his game manager ways.

The difference is the one year he had a really good OC and people didn't realize it was his OC who made him that year

The difference is the one year he had a really good OC and people didn't realize it was his OC who made him that year

He has had more than one good year even with his crappy arm strength, 2014 4700 yards 24 td's, 2013, 4500 yards 26 td's, 2012, 4700 yards 32 td's, and this is in addition to his mvp year.

He has always been a smarter Chad Pennington and has never had arm strength.

He has had more than one good year even with his crappy arm strength, 2014 4700 yards 24 td's, 2013, 4500 yards 26 td's, 2012, 4700 yards 32 td's, and this is in addition to his mvp year.

He has always been a smarter Chad Pennington and has never had arm strength.

I said really good year. That was once, when his OC was Kyle Shanahan. He is nothing special and he has always been pretty much undraftable compared to real upside guys.

MCNAIR!

I never thought he had a cannon, but damn if I ever noticed his arm sucked this bad.

Horrible game. Julio is amazing though.

He would have 2tds if he was amazing. He was force fed and dropped or dogged it on the key catches.
  • Like 1

Matt Ryan always sucks when I'm rooting for him. :thumbsdown:

Freeman knee injury. Forced from game. Freeman injury have been creeping up every year.

He should be ok, was just limping a bit but walking around.

Yes give a 52yr old scat back carries, great plan. Id cut Ajayi mid game if I could.

52?! No way Sproles is only 20 years younger than Frank Gore.

Rolling Burkhead over Ajayi so don't be surprised if Jay has a nice game.

Yup....

Breaking up with Matt Ryan this offseason, was one of the best decisions Ive ever made... its like watching your Ex fail. Which in turn, makes me smile

• Like 1

At least 5 carries from other guys should have been Ajayis. You have to get RBs into a rythm and warmed up. Sproles is absolutely awesome still and thats great for 3rd down and change of pace.

Im not selling though, he looked fine and Eagles offense wasnt great at all. In better offensive games he could be even better.

At least 5 carries from other guys should have been Ajayis. You have to get RBs into a rythm and warmed up.

Im not selling though, he looked fine and Eagles offense wasnt great at all. In better offensive games he could be even better.

Ajayi with a solid game

I hear ya.....and you could be right. However, I would personally sell that sum buck without hesitation. His value will rarely be higher...and let's not forget that he is running on two knees that are so jacked they could fail without notice.

I hear ya.....and you could be right. However, I would personally sell that sum buck without hesitation. His value will rarely be higher...and let's not forget that he is running on two knees that are so jacked they could fail without notice.

Agree he would be a solid sell high right now. But if no one bites wouldnt mind keeping him. I dont have him but went against him. I think he will be aolid this year...but yes that is if his knees hold up. I know he had some soreness so perhaps thats why they wanted to limit him a little. Never expected a 280 carry season anyway. He could have had a few more but 15 carries is 240 on the year.

He is better used in the 2nd half when defenses are more worn.

Also, the roto blurb saying Foles was unwatchable is a pathetic statement. Foles looked damn good last night. No one was open, plus he had multiple passes dropped on him. And the Eagles line didn't do him any favors as far as protection.

Foles had a 26 QBR last night, where 50 is average. He was brutal in the preseason. He is obviously one of the better backups, but keep it in perspective

Foles had a 26 QBR last night, where 50 is average. He was brutal in the preseason. He is obviously one of the better backups, but keep it in perspective

I think everyone else needs to... His receivers were HORRIBLE last night. Agholor, his best receiver, had a man draped on him all night. He couldn't get separation from my grandma. The pick was not his fault. It was in the hands of the tight end. He wasn't perfect, but how many qbs do we expect to be perfect? He had a lot of passes dropped on him also. I am not going to judge an outing solely on QBR, when QBR doesn't take into account everyone else on offense sucked. His line didn't block well at all either. Foles is better than a lot of the starters in the league.

Foles numbers in the SB were spectacular. Guys get lucky and have good statistical games. How often do they do it in the spotlight though? If they aren't a good QB to begin with? He didn't just get lucky like Bortles does on hot streaks once in a while, or like Ryan got lucky with that soft schedule 2 years ago. Foles was throwing precise passes that only a few QBs in the league could have made. He was the same guy here, but his team didn't help him out as much.

I watched the game he wasn't terrible but was below average. He thrives with RPO but when he doesn't have a clean pocket didn't see much. No one can take away his magical playoff run from last year, but he has been below average for long enough that he is merely a quality backup.

I watched the game he wasn't terrible but was below average. He thrives with RPO but when he doesn't have a clean pocket didn't see much. No one can take away his magical playoff run from last year, but he has been below average for long enough that he is merely a quality backup.

He has actually been really good. Can we count his stint with the Rams with the QB killer himself, Jeff Fischer, as his coach? Besides that he has been really good. Getting thrust into a starting spot as an Eagle when the original starter goes down. He has done exceptionally well.

I guess people will make excuses for the qbs they like and be biased against the ones they don't. Im sure I'm guilty of it too. I know for a fact though, that Foles did a hell of a job last night for the crap that Roseman has surrounded him with.

I am just grateful that I can see past the numbers to identify a good performance and not be blinded by the lack of fantasy production

I hear you. I like Foles wish he was the Giants backup, a lot better than the crap sandwich they have behind Eli presently. However if you watched that game and thought Foles played well I would recommend cataract surgery.

I hear you. I like Foles wish he was the Giants backup, a lot better than the crap sandwich they have behind Eli presently. However if you watched that game and thought Foles played well I would recommend cataract surgery.

I would recommend cataract surgery to those who didn't think he played well. He had zero to work with. Nothing. It's seeing how a QB performs in these moments when we get a chance to find out how good he can really be. He did what he had to do to win. People called Jameis Winston just a plain old winner, even if it wasn't pretty, up until this offseason. Foles just wins, so idk why no one ever admits that about him.

I just don't get why people can't see the talent was piss poor on that offense besides him. It's more than just stats we need to look at.

Coolio I'm over it

I think that sentiments like most people have about Foles, which is he didn't have a good game last night, actually costs him money in the end. Some players are made excuses for over and over. Everyone and their mom loves Phillip Rivers, even though he never takes his team anywhere. Foles wins a SB and is the MVP, people think he sucks because of a game that didn't see him as a statistical God. Give me a winner who can shine in the spotlight while getting thrown into awkward situations over a guy like Rivers who has been the unquestioned starter forever and still can't do anything actual football results wise with his team.