Sign in to follow this  
brotherbock

Will Dissly

Will Dissly!

Man, I can't believe it. How many times did I say here, over and over again, that freaking Will Dissly is going to be a monster this year? I think I was here posting pretty much every single day, sometimes every hour, since mid-June, about how much you guys were all going to regret not grabbing Will Dissly in at least the 3 round, if not higher. But no, every single one of you was all like "C'mon, Will Dissly? Never heard of him. He's gonna be crap!" And I was like "Dude, you watch, Will Dissly, 80+ yards and a score in the first half, WEEK ONE!"

Man. You all doubted. And now, Will Dissly is bringing home the wins.

Remember last year's Will Dissly? .......

Austin Hooper caught 2-of-2 targets for 128 yards and a touchdown in the Falcons' Week 1 win.

While it is concerning Hooper only drew the two looks, his playmaking ability was evident on his two catches with a powerful, stiff-arming 88-yard touchdown and another 40-yard gain where Julio Jones sprung him free by drawing loaded coverage. Hooper has an awful lot of potential, but he needs the Falcons to draw him up with a bigger role. He'll be a fringe TE1 in Week 2 versus Green Bay. Sun, Sep 10, 2017 04:24:00 PM

I watched Will Dissly play in high school. He is a very good receiver. They lined him up tight, wide, all over the place....to try and keep the defense from putting 2-3 guys on him. If the QB put the ball near him he would catch it. That being said, it was Montana and we have given the NFL Ryan Leaf and Brock Osweiler....so who knows. If you want to know more....

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/prep/football/dissly-named-state-s-gatorade-player-of-year/article_6acf515e-5e41-11e3-a833-001a4bcf887a.html

I watched Will Dissly play in high school. He is a very good receiver. They lined him up tight, wide, all over the place....to try and keep the defense from putting 2-3 guys on him. If the QB put the ball near him he would catch it. That being said, it was Montana and we have given the NFL Ryan Leaf and Brock Osweiler....so who knows. If you want to know more....

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/prep/football/dissly-named-state-s-gatorade-player-of-year/article_6acf515e-5e41-11e3-a833-001a4bcf887a.html

Sweet info man, thanks :)

certainly a good score line given the TD. can't wrap my head around how much opportunity he'll get going forward. he got 5 targets which is not too bad. there are other guys out there getting more targets where it just hasn't panned out yet

:pointstosky:

Picked him up last week, but didn't start him with Rudolph. That was an fantasy BS TD, without that he has way too low of targets to consider starting him over Rudolph.

On 9/11/2018 at 3:14 PM, travis_henrys_baby_momma said:

He was taken because he was the best blocking TE in the draft. 

Once he came into camp. Wilson, Carroll, heck everyone for that matter couldn't believe how good his hands were/are. They thought they found a huge steal. It's to bad his rookie year got cut short. But very glad to see him pick up right where he left off. Love watching him play

• Like 1

If you have the roster space on your bench, why not pick him up this week?  Even if you have a solid starting TE.  I’ll tell you why. Bc surely there is someone else in your league that needs a TE. If Dissly has a decent day, or even better scores a TD his value will be huge. He’s had 4 tds in his 6 career games with SEA by the way. If he scores tomorrow it will be 5 in 7 games.  Oh....and he plays AZ week 4.  Trading his arse to a TE needy team next week for something you need shouldn’t be too hard. This is How championships are won.   

27 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Trading his arse to a TE needy team next week for something you need shouldn’t be too hard. This is How championships are won.   

Trading a TD-dependent TE for a startable RB or WR is how championships are won in leagues where the entry fee is in bananas.

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Trading a TD-dependent TE for a startable RB or WR is how championships are won in leagues where the entry fee is in bananas.

I never said it had to be a one for one. Finding and owner desperate for a TE and trading him Dissly + a lesser RB for a better RB wouldn’t be that hard.  Get with the program rookie.  

24 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Finding and owner desperate for a TE and trading him Dissly + a lesser RB for a better RB wouldn’t be that hard. 

You'd be surprised.

This is Will's league to dominate! I guess I'll live or die bye the Dissley.

I have a hard time trusting any Seattle wr or te for consistent targets and production. 

On 9/21/2019 at 8:19 PM, RedzoneMonster said:

If you have the roster space on your bench, why not pick him up this week?  Even if you have a solid starting TE.  I’ll tell you why. Bc surely there is someone else in your league that needs a TE. If Dissly has a decent day, or even better scores a TD his value will be huge. He’s had 4 tds in his 6 career games with SEA by the way. If he scores tomorrow it will be 5 in 7 games.  Oh....and he plays AZ week 4.  Trading his arse to a TE needy team next week for something you need shouldn’t be too hard. This is How championships are won.   

Boom. 

Per Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks are trading TE Nick Vannett to the Steelers in exchange for a 2020 fifth-round pick.

This trade signals two things. Will Dissly's emergence in Seattle is somewhat real, and Vance McDonald's shoulder injury is potentially serious. Vannett will be a complementary piece in Pittsburgh and very likely won't be on the fantasy radar.

26 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Per Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks are trading TE Nick Vannett to the Steelers in exchange for a 2020 fifth-round pick.

This trade signals two things. Will Dissly's emergence in Seattle is somewhat real, and Vance McDonald's shoulder injury is potentially serious. Vannett will be a complementary piece in Pittsburgh and very likely won't be on the fantasy radar.

If I was a McDonald owner and I hadn't panicked yet, I would now.

I have a decision to make, drop Hockenson, Ebron, OJ Howard, Deebo Samuel, or Justice Hill, for Dissly.  I'm leaning toward doing nothing, but not sure what the right move is here.  I'm in a mandatory start 2 TE league, and we have a Flex (WR/TE) spot too.

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

I have a decision to make, drop Hockenson, Ebron, OJ Howard, Deebo Samuel, Justice Hill or no one, for Dissly.  I'm leaning toward doing nothing, but not sure what the right move is here.  I'm in a mandatory start 2 TE league, and we have a Flex (WR/TE) spot too.

I would say get Dissly and drop no one.

• Like 1

I would drop Ebron or J Hill for Dissly. 

On 9/21/2019 at 8:19 PM, RedzoneMonster said:

I picked him up last week. Have engram. Did it for this very reason and at worst i felt dissly was my last chance at a strong option if engram misses time.

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would drop Ebron or J Hill for Dissly. 

I just realized I have an IR spot for Saquon so I'll add Gallman (hopefully) and not have to drop anyone, and then I could drop Matt Stafford.  It's a start 2 QB league and besides Stafford, I have Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, and Jameis Winston, although Stafford has a better matchup week 8 (vs Giants) than Jameis (vs Titans) when Lamar Jackson is on bye.  What do you think, still cut Ebron or J Hill or cut Stafford?

I just joined # Team Dissly! My TE's are McDonald and the Hoch, but I really wanted him for this weeks matchup for obvious reasons. The price was Carlos Hyde, not insignificant but not prohibitive, unless your Axe Elf and believe I gave away the farm. I have a bunch of Rb's on my bench similar in value to Hyde, such as Rex Burkhead. Will the thrill, and on to victory!

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I just realized I have an IR spot for Saquon so I'll add Gallman (hopefully) and not have to drop anyone, and then I could drop Matt Stafford.  It's a start 2 QB league and besides Stafford, I have Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, and Jameis Winston, although Stafford has a better matchup week 8 (vs Giants) than Jameis (vs Titans) when Lamar Jackson is on bye.  What do you think, still cut Ebron or J Hill or cut Stafford?

Cut Hill; Stafford has a cherry matchup with the Chiefs this week; start him and Watson.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

The price was Carlos Hyde, not insignificant but not prohibitive, unless your Axe Elf and believe I gave away the farm.

Yeah, that wasn't smart.  You didn't give away the farm, but you sold it for pennies on the dollar.

Dissly was on waivers; I spent $89 of $1000 FAAB on him, and dropped McDonald.

I have Greg Olsen as well, but I think I'm going to sit Olsen and play Dissly this week rather than see Olsen go up against @HOU.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, that wasn't smart.  You didn't give away the farm, but you sold it for pennies on the dollar.

Perhaps, but if I followed your advice on current production Dissly has 11 more points than Hyde. Pick a lane, gnome...