Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Odds Conner Starts Rest of the Way?

I know, who the heck knows.. But what do you think? Maybe Bell gets spooked after another good game by Conner and realizes its hurting his market value and he comes back week 3 or 4? Maybe Bell will sit all season and have fresh legs to sign a huge contract with another team next year (I cant imagine PIT would franchise him again in that scenario). Maybe Bell comes back soon but they keep rolling with Conner? Thoughts?

Zero.

Latest you would ever see him would be Week 12 (reports and signs week 10, Steelers make him roster exempt for 2 weeks).

i get the surpise at the question and its early to talk about conner but he is going to be the starter for the next couple of weeks and possibly more and if he produces as he did in game 1 or around that level and the pit wins games then they will have a hard decion to make when / if bell shows up.

he will be rusty there is no doubt about that they either run him into the ground if he produces at same level he was at when he left or they let him sit a full year with no game time which will hurt his stock.

people will argue other teams see that as a rest which is true but game snaps are important to stay sharp.

the fact is steeelers are looking at life after bell so if he shows up that late it might be worth working with what you are going to have next season

If bell sits out till week 10 he could cut 300 touches off this season. That is what he is gonna do. The steelers will then put him on the roster exemption. Negotiate that 2 weeks salary and then sit him for the rest of the season because he is not in condition to play after missing all of the time.

bell was n dah club in miami early monday am. doesn't sound like football shape to me.

i just traded conner for davante so not a conner owner

Ironically, Connor wont last getting that many touches each week lol. I expect an injury.

Ironically, Connor wont last getting that many touches each week lol. I expect an injury.

seems a little gimpy on a few hits in 2nd half. 31 carries is insane. seemed a little tired too but who wouldn't be after 36 touches

seems a little gimpy on a few hits in 2nd half. 31 carries is insane. seemed a little tired too but who wouldn't be after 36 touches

The question is will Bell come back when Connor goes down???

I don't think he'll see that many most weeks. This was a slow-moving, sloppy game with a ton of short possessions because of all the Pitt turnovers. Conner also got 5 of those touches in OT.

The counterpoint is that Tomlin definitely pushes Bell's backups hard. In 2015 and 2016, Deangelo Williams was lead back for 12 games, and had 29+ touches in 4 of those games, including a peak of 36.

5% and growing for me. If bell holds out until week 12, the team and coaches should hold him accountable and bench him. Let conner finish the year as he started it, being there for the team. I am a patriots fan though and that's what we're used to seeing. No way belichick would let him play if he held out that long. We will see if Mike Tomlin has balls like belichick. I don't think leveon will be back anytime soon.

I think Bell will start when he comes back.

My question as a J Conner owner is this: What do you think an acceptable trade for L Bell is? I now want that Pitt RB position for the whole season, Tomlin just goes Bellcow, running the main RB into the ground, great for fantasy. Saw an interview with Tomlin and he was adamant that these guys can handle it.

Should be able to get L Bell at a discount. I tried offering either M Lynch or P Barber and got no response. Seemed reasonable to me.

Has anyone on here with J Conner been able to trade for L Bell? What did you give up? I think it may be a little tough right now because no one likes to see their #1 pick get devalued so quickly. Has anyone done it yet? Thanks.

I think Bell will start when he comes back.

My question as a J Conner owner is this: What do you think an acceptable trade for L Bell is? I now want that Pitt RB position for the whole season, Tomlin just goes Bellcow, running the main RB into the ground, great for fantasy. Saw an interview with Tomlin and he was adamant that these guys can handle it.

Should be able to get L Bell at a discount. I tried offering either M Lynch or P Barber and got no response. Seemed reasonable to me.

Has anyone on here with J Conner been able to trade for L Bell? What did you give up? I think it may be a little tough right now because no one likes to see their #1 pick get devalued so quickly. Has anyone done it yet? Thanks.

I was offered Kelce and Ajayi in an almost-dynasty PPR (keep 10 players) and rejected it. Bell will be too valuable at the end of the year and wherever he goes next year for me to make that trade.

In redraft, yeah--I agree that the trade market for him is unclear. But I also think it's pretty clear that neither Lynch nor Barber are close to enough after their week 1s, especially if it's half-PPR or PPR. With so much uncertainty, I think you would have to offer at least someone like Mixon or Jordan Howard to get a discussion going. Basically, you are still probably going to have to trade at least your second-best and possibly your best back if you want Bell.

• Like 1

5% and growing for me. If bell holds out until week 12, the team and coaches should hold him accountable and bench him. Let conner finish the year as he started it, being there for the team. I am a patriots fan though and that's what we're used to seeing. No way belichick would let him play if he held out that long. We will see if Mike Tomlin has balls like belichick. I don't think leveon will be back anytime soon.

He’s gone next year anyway. They will run him to death. Why run Connor when he’s gonna be there next season.

• Like 1

The question is will Bell come back when Connor goes down???

Thats when it wont happen.

Bell will see that as extra leverage and stand firm.

I have a slew of RBs (Fournette, Howard, Freeman, Ingram) and little at WR. I even had McKinnon, but lost him. I have Connor and looked for the Bell owner. I offered him Connor for Hilton. He's currently starting J Williams in Bell's place. I could have asked for Thielen, but thought Hilton was the better play.

If he doesn't accept by the end of the day though, I'll cancel the offer and roll with the top 5 RB.

if bell sits out til week 10, the steelers might simply not play him when he returns.

honestly if I am pittsburgh, I'd trade him. hes too much of a headache.

they need to rebuild anyhow with Big Ben retiring at the end of the year.

Might as well get a decent return for him(if you can) and start over.

If bell sits out till week 10 he could cut 300 touches off this season. That is what he is gonna do. The steelers will then put him on the roster exemption. Negotiate that 2 weeks salary and then sit him for the rest of the season because he is not in condition to play after missing all of the time.

I have a slew of RBs (Fournette, Howard, Freeman, Ingram) and little at WR. I even had McKinnon, but lost him. I have Connor and looked for the Bell owner. I offered him Connor for Hilton. He's currently starting J Williams in Bell's place. I could have asked for Thielen, but thought Hilton was the better play.

If he doesn't accept by the end of the day though, I'll cancel the offer and roll with the top 5 RB.

I imagine he will take that trade offer if he sees it. I would. You might be better off pulling the offer and send a new one with Howard or Freeman for Hilton.

if bell sits out til week 10, the steelers might simply not play him when he returns.

It does make sense, but they would need to get a 3rd round pick or better in return. What I've read indicates that they will get a 3rd round compensatory pick if he leaves in free agency in 2019. Compensatory pick rules are weird, but based on salary and playing time, Bell would likely qualify as the highest grade, a 3rd round pick. That comes after the regular 3rd round, so we're talking pick #100ish depending on how many other teams get them.

Teams may not be willing to deal a 3rd rounder or better for Bell if they know they have a chance to get him in free agency, and that the Steelers are operating from a position of weakness. The Dolphins got a 4th for Ajayi last year, though Bell is of course quite a bit better than him.

If Bell comes in late in the season though, and with fresh legs for a playoff push that could be huge for the Steelers. But yeah, he's a RB with several surgeries and an injury history and a lot of mileage. He's also looking for a career deal with term, and probably guaranteed money. I think the Steelers should have shopped him sooner to avoid this situation. Now you have a guy who you KNOW won't perform up to his contract but you almost have to sign him.

Even if Bell never comes back, I don't see Connor surviving 16 games of 31 carries per. They don't play Cleveland every week.

Seriously though. Pitt needs Bell back like a kid needs candy. Offense is not even close to what it is with him.

The sad thing is that Pitt was an actually superbowl contender, now will most likely have to win on the road in the playoffs to make it.

And at the end of the day, because of this never ending saga, New England benefits again.

What a waste

Seriously though. Pitt needs Bell back like a kid needs candy. Offense is not even close to what it is with him.

The sad thing is that Pitt was an actually superbowl contender, now will most likely have to win on the road in the playoffs to make it.

And at the end of the day, because of this never ending saga, New England benefits again.

What a waste

Exactly. This to me is why Pitt don't have more rings. Do you see NE players getting away with some of the ridiculous ###### guys like Brown or Bell pull? Like Brown filming Tomlin's locker room talk, or threatening a writer on Twitter? No, NE benches their asses or ships them out of town if they're not on board with the "team" concept. Pitt have way too many "me first" guys, and quite frankly that's why I don't think they win when it really matters.

What a waste

on a day when big ben turned it over 5 times you think conor was the reason they had problems? The fact the game was played in a slop has far more to do with it than anything. No 5 inches of rain and 40mph wind gusts and the steelers blow out the browns.

on a day when big ben turned it over 5 times you think conor was the reason they had problems? The fact the game was played in a slop has far more to do with it than anything. No 5 inches of rain and 40mph wind gusts and the steelers blow out the browns.

Maybe if Ben was better too. Horrendous decision making by him. The Steelers will never win a SB with Ben because he just isn't going to make proper decisions. He isn't the sharpest dude out there. As his physical ability fades his numbers will really suffer. So will the team

Fournette already dinged up. Freeman is questionable for Week 2. Ingram still suspended. Why in the sam hella would you unload Conner unless you are starting Dez Bryant?

What a waste

This is a ridiculous statement. The offense isn't close to what it is with him? Meaning Ben doesn't throw 3 INT intended for WR's if Bell is in the game??!!!

the offense looks craptastic because of 3 very distinct things:

1. It has a new offensive coordinator who is a friggin B!TCH to Ben Roethlisberger
  2. Ben simply cannot pull his head out of his ass on the road.
  3. Tomlin is the WORST coach in the league a playing against lesser teams, The Steelers are the WORST team at playing down to competition and overlooking what they consider inferior teams and it's all on Tomlin.

Le'Veon Bell is who he is BECAUSE of the Steelers. Because of the talent of the offensive line (which also played offensively this past weekend),. Because of the talent around him. Because of the system they run that benefits him.

Tomlin is going to pound Conner into dust at the rate he's going. They need to spell him with Ridley or Samuels and realize they need to likely get Connor to last the year.

This is a ridiculous statement. The offense isn't close to what it is with him? Meaning Ben doesn't throw 3 INT intended for WR's if Bell is in the game??!!!

the offense looks craptastic because of 3 very distinct things:

1. It has a new offensive coordinator who is a friggin B!TCH to Ben Roethlisberger
  2. Ben simply cannot pull his head out of his ass on the road.
  3. Tomlin is the WORST coach in the league a playing against lesser teams, The Steelers are the WORST team at playing down to competition and overlooking what they consider inferior teams and it's all on Tomlin.

Le'Veon Bell is who he is BECAUSE of the Steelers. Because of the talent of the offensive line (which also played offensively this past weekend),. Because of the talent around him. Because of the system they run that benefits him.

Tomlin is going to pound Conner into dust at the rate he's going. They need to spell him with Ridley or Samuels and realize they need to likely get Connor to last the year.

Ben seems to have those bad games now and then where he derps his way into multiple interceptions. They seem to also come more frequently now. Connor had a great game by any standard, so you might be right, it wouldn't matter what RB was back there last Sunday, Ben was just goin' full retard.

I would argue Bell and the Steelers mutually benefit each other. They know he's a patient runner who waits for blocks and they play accordingly.

Tomlin has always lacked that one thing that I view as the mark of a HOF coach, he's doesn't appear to be tremendously adaptable or a real game planner. What he has is an extremely talented roster but he's not out coaching the other teams generally, his team's talent just exceeds the talent of the teams they play against.

Ben seems to have those bad games now and then where he derps his way into multiple interceptions. They seem to also come more frequently now. Connor had a great game by any standard, so you might be right, it wouldn't matter what RB was back there last Sunday, Ben was just goin' full retard.

I would argue Bell and the Steelers mutually benefit each other. They know he's a patient runner who waits for blocks and they play accordingly.

Tomlin has always lacked that one thing that I view as the mark of a HOF coach, he's doesn't appear to be tremendously adaptable or a real game planner. What he has is an extremely talented roster but he's not out coaching the other teams generally, his team's talent just exceeds the talent of the teams they play against.

Tomlin isn't terrible. He isn't the best, but his team makes the playoffs and is pretty consistent year to year.

50% chance he stars rest of the year. 25% chance Bell comes back week 10. 25% chance he comes back before then. Even then, he’s fine riding the line. When will you guys get it that Bell has no interest in taking any carries at all this year?

What would you be looking to Get in a trade for Connor? Want to strike while the iron is hot?

Think guys like Gordon and Howard are feasible?

What would you be looking to Get in a trade for Connor? Want to strike while the iron is hot?

Dude, no. Those guys are guaranteed work horse and goal line options

I dont think anyone would trade Gordon or Howard straight up for Conner. Whats the incentive for someone to take that trade? They both had very good week 1s even though they didnt score, and were very high draft picks. They also project as heavy workload backs for the whole season, rather than being dependent on how Bell feels on a given week.

Alex Collins, Lamar Millermaybe. As someone who owns Conner in every league, Im inclined to just hold and start him as a top 10 back every week while it lasts.

The value in conor comes from him being either a waiver wire pickup or a mr.irrelevant. no one is gonna trade you good players for him. You are better off looking to use him and trade someone else.

Tomlin isn't terrible. He isn't the best, but his team makes the playoffs and is pretty consistent year to year.

Where he continues to get outcoached and beat by the Pats...

Where he continues to get outcoached and beat by the Pats...

It's Tom Brady and Bill. Best qb and coach combo there has ever been. Ben isn't smart enough to beat them. Look at that happened this past week. Inexplicable passes in the rain leading to a tie with the Browns.

Not in the slightest. The only feasible trade would be for someone worse than just starting him. As others said, his value is in starting him and trading other commodities people view as more valuable even if they arent. Yes, people are dumb.