Sign in to follow this  
Canadianfan

Three things we learned from week 1

trying something new...let's have some fun here. Join in and add your three.

1. Jamaal Williams is not the answer at RB in Green Bay. Aaron Jones is the one to own.

2. Enunwa is Darnold's number one target not Anderson

3. People were right on these boards about tyreek Hill, I refused to agree. He is a threat to pass brown as the number one WR in fantasy.

• Like 1

That injury scare rodgers had just reinforces the need to play Williams for his pass protect.

These are not the same ol Jets and Browns

Coaches that made their debut with their new teams last week all got smacked.

• Like 1

At the threat of derailing, I’ll have some fun and do 3 things we learned after week 1 last year.

1. Tarik Cohen is going to be special and he’s the RB to own on the Bears.

2. Austin Hooper is a top 5 te.

3. Kamara isn’t anything special and is just a 3rd down guy.

At the threat of derailing, I’ll have some fun and do 3 things we learned after week 1 last year.

1. Tarik Cohen is going to be special and he’s the RB to own on the Bears.

2. Austin Hooper is a top 5 te.

3. Kamara isn’t anything special and is just a 3rd down guy.

hahaha...remember that guy "the postman" that said like two weeks ago that kamara isnt special cause he watched him in college? LOL

1. Tampa will have the most prolific offense the NFL has ever seen

2. Tampa will beat the Eagles by 2 TD's this week

3. Tampa will go 16-0

(ok, so I only learned #2 - to an extent. The Bucs will win, but 2 TD's is extreme. I won't learn #'s 1 and 3 until about Week 6.)

That injury scare rodgers had just reinforces the need to play Williams for his pass protect.

You're talking like Jamaal Williams is miles ahead of jones in pass blocking. Jones had an excellent camp and closed the gap considerably. Also, Williams provides little to no fear in opposing teams game plans when preparing to play the packers . Jones is a threat, especially on a draw. That in itself will slow down the pass rush.

I'll bump this thread again and again ..jones is the one to own in Green Bay

1) The Bears are who we thought they were. They stood no chance of standing up to the greatest comeback since Easter Sunday.

2) Your car was stolen. Khalil Mack just ran down the driver on foot, yanked him from the car, educated him on the error of his ways, enrolled him in an after school program, gave him $5, and drove your car back to your house for you. He saved two puppies from a burning building on the way. He says 'no problem' to your belated 'thank you'.

3) Phillip Rivers spent all of practice on Tuesday throwing the ball as hard at he could at his receivers' ankles and screaming "What!? You wouldn't catch it anyway!"

• Like 2

They may want that but at some point I think they will also want a Running game. Jones was having a good camp and supposedly picking up pass protect. I bet especially after last week they got someone with jones to make sure he is getting it down. It is too predictable to have a Rb who can’t effectively run the ball.

1. Stafford sucks

2. Matt Ryan sucks

3. Fitzmagic is god

You forgot Big Ben sucks.

But correct on all other counts!

1) The Bears are who we thought they were. They stood no chance of standing up to the greatest comeback since Easter Sunday.

2) Your car was stolen. Khalil Mack just ran down the driver on foot, yanked him from the car, educated him on the error of his ways, enrolled him in an after school program, gave him $5, and drove your car back to your house for you. He saved two puppies from a burning building on the way. He says 'no problem' to your belated 'thank you'.

3) Phillip Rivers spent all of practice on Tuesday throwing the ball as hard at he could at his receivers' ankles and screaming "What!? You wouldn't catch it anyway!"

Man Dennis Green will never live that down will he?

Awesome post btw. :doublethumbsup:

• Like 1

They may want that but at some point I think they will also want a Running game. Jones was having a good camp and supposedly picking up pass protect. I bet especially after last week they got someone with jones to make sure he is getting it down. It is too predictable to have a Rb who cant effectively run the ball.

I don't mean to upset the jones truthers and I don't really care about Jamal Williams but this is a 3 man committee and the #1 objective is to keep Arod upright. The packers believe JWill is a better pass protector. If you want to dream of A Jones as a lotto ticket, bump away...

Any throw that isn't caught by Rivers receiver, no matter the circumstance, is the receivers fault

1. No O + No D = the new browns .. aka Buffalo Bills, welcome to 0-16

2. Giving up 48 points to TB and 40 y old Fitzmagic does no bode well for your Superbowl run Saints.

Matt Patricia – when your last name is a womans first name you’re destined for failure as we see another Bellichick expat fall way off the familiy tree.

• No O + No D = the new browns .. aka Buffalo Bills, welcome to 0-16
  • Giving up 48 points to TB and 40 y old Fitzmagic does no bode well for your Superbowl run Saints.
  • Matt Patricia when your last name is a womans first name youre destined for failure as we see another Bellichick expat fall way off the familiy tree.

The Pats D will prob be better this year without the bum. The last few years I thought they didn't quite live up to their potential

Belichik is horrible at drafting offensive skill players and hiring coordinators. He had to have known his coordinators sucked, yet he kept them around until they found better jobs. Maybe that's the plan. Hire idiots who are capable enough, but not smart enough to actually steal BBs blueprint

1. RB heavy drafting in PPR leagues is the wrong idea.

2. The Bills are going to be terrible.

3. Bears still suck.

As a Cowboys fan.....

1. They will never go to the Super Bowl till Al Davis Jr is gone

2. My scar tissue from disappointment since 1996 grows

3. Its Groundhog day for me year after year.

Nah. We're never gonna...lethimoffthehook!

As an epic hater of Rivers, can I quote this in a sarcastic weekly blog I write to friends about NFL picks?

Phillip Rivers spent all of practice on Tuesday throwing the ball as hard at he could at his receivers' ankles and screaming "What!? You wouldn't catch it anyway!"

I def can give up 48 points on the field and still give you 12 in ff.

Thank you Jesus.

As an epic hater of Rivers, can I quote this in a sarcastic weekly blog I write to friends about NFL picks?

Phillip Rivers spent all of practice on Tuesday throwing the ball as hard at he could at his receivers' ankles and screaming "What!? You wouldn't catch it anyway!"

Absolutely :)

I go RB heavy every year in a PPR auction league. Including certain backups behind other teams starters. I've been in the championship game 3 of the last 4 years and won twice.

1. The Steelers don't need Bell

2. Reid may have forgotten that he has a RB

3. Penny is not the next best thing

Bonus: We'll learn more about Mixon tonight.

I go RB heavy every year in a PPR auction league. Including certain backups behind other teams starters. I've been in the championship game 3 of the last 4 years and won twice.

I play in leagues with good owners besides myself.

But like I have said before. Fantasy is mostly luck. You can win with any strategy as long as your guys stay healthy and perform.

If you picked a a WR in the top 2 rounds you were happy with them in week 1.

RB is a share time position now a days. Those who grabbed Collins or Drake over Hill or Evans arent happy with week 1. Those who took Hunt Fournette over Julio and ODBjr arent thrilled.

Those who drafted rookie time share Freeman ahead of quality WRs because they wanted to load up at RB...are not happy.

You can win with any plan. But people are around here are a bit too hipster about RB heavy for me.

If we went off of this site then Fournette was the #1 RB on orths board. He was "safe" he lost weight.

Then we had threads of most likely to bust and Kamara seemed the run away choice. Knocked for workload when in reality like 75% of starting backs are in some sort of real time share.

Absolutely :)

I will post the rant with picks later. You may like it. Or maybe not, whatever.

2. The Bills are going to be terrible.

3. Bears still suck.

I have to disagree. 1/2 PPR league and I won my first championship with Bell, Gurley, Ingram.

I think the drop off in RB points is significant, if you have a couple workhorse RB you can do really well.

But like I have said before. Fantasy is mostly luck. You can win with any strategy as long as your guys stay healthy and perform.

RB is a share time position now a days. Those who grabbed Collins or Drake over Hill or Evans arent happy with week 1. Those who took Hunt Fournette over Julio and ODBjr arent thrilled.

Those who drafted rookie time share Freeman ahead of quality WRs because they wanted to load up at RB...are not happy.

You can win with any plan. But people are around here are a bit too hipster about RB heavy for me.

If we went off of this site then Fournette was the #1 RB on orths board. He was "safe" he lost weight.

Then we had threads of most likely to bust and Kamara seemed the run away choice. Knocked for workload when in reality like 75% of starting backs are in some sort of real time share.

Except that if you drafted Kamara, Gurley, Gordon, Mixon or Barkley you're pretty happy. You're using hindsight to justify your point of view. Nice! You're also over-reacting just a little to week 1. Also, if you had Bell and wisely snatched up Connor as his handcuff, then you're pretty happy as well.

are you implying that the rest of us don't play in competitive leagues with owners who know what they're doing?

Except that if you drafted Kamara, Gurley, Gordon, Mixon or Barkley you're pretty happy. You're using hindsight to justify your point of view. Nice! You're also over-reacting just a little to week 1. Also, if you had Bell and wisely snatched up Connor as his handcuff, then you're pretty happy as well.

This is basically an overreation thread.

You shouldnt go WR or RB. Heavy unless guys fall. Or you end up reaching.

are you implying that the rest of us don't play in competitive leagues with owners who know what they're doing?

No im claiming the guy who says he won his league 3 out of last 4 years may not.

Again it is mostly luck.

No im claiming the guy who says he won his league 3 out of last 4 years may not.

Again it is mostly luck.

See, that's how you look at things. If you don't agree, you just say I'm in a non-competative league. It's a 12 team auction league with high dues and not only yearly payout but % of shares in investment dollars that we have been contributing to for over 10 years at stake. A few people fly in from out of state yearly to take part in the draft because of the competition and great league setup.

You are willing to throw any crap out there to try to win a point.

Again it is mostly luck.

Now you sound like Weepaws.

He always tries claiming that FF is 'mostly' luck or 'all' luck or some other similar claim. I try to suggest every year that he really rely mostly on luck for a team and see what happens. Draft randomly, pickup free agents randomly, make trades randomly, start your players randomly. See how you do. He never seems to take me up on that one :)

FF has luck. But even if a player goes down, you need to use skill to do research to pick a new player, to determine who to start (which broadly speaking is predictable, even if not always precise--how a player will match up against a defense is a bit of research that really does track the eventual stats--look at Hopkins vs NE as a good example). It's some of both luck and skill. But it's not 'mostly' luck by any means.