Sign in to follow this  
NAn

Dallas homers/Zeke owners: Offense concern level?

I have Zeke and definitely concerned...

Not watching game, i initially saw box score for Zeke 15rshs/69, 4.6 ypc, 3recs/17 even with OL issues not bad.

Also that Car was at home and they did have a 7th ranked defense last year and thinking okay not great, but not horrible things all things considered.

Then looked closer at overall offense and thinking this is real concern yes?

2 of 11 3rd conversion

3 of 11 drives were 3 and outs

4 of 11 drives ended with negative yds

58 offensive (no pun intended) plays, league average in 2017, 70 plays

So...

Anticipate this being long term issue?

OL issues, any light at end of tunnel, OLmen coming back from injury/illness?

Chalk up to facing tough D on the road (or at least a valid factor)?

'Just one game, lots of season...'

It depends what your expectations are. If you are expecting 2016 Zeke you might be disappointed. If you expect him to finish as a RB1 by the end of the year, still very realistic

Zeke owner and I'm not too concerned...yet. The Panthers D definitely played a role in the stat line and yes, it is only week 1. The offensive situation isn't as good as it's been in years past but he will be fine.

Dak needs to settle down and start pushing the ball to the outside WRs more than last week. Hurns, Gallup, Williams and Beasley aren't that scary but they are good enough to be effective and draw some coverage. That should open up more space for Elliot. Also, it pains me to say but the Giants aren't nearly as good on D as Carolina so Zeke will eat this week and make you feel better.

Biggest concern I had going into this season with the Cowboys is a true lack of playmakers.

But they still have a good Qb, so I think he should be fine.

not time to panic yet, at least from a zeke/FF perspective. carolina's front 7 was a horror show of matchups, but looney played surprisingly solid, williams only got blown up a couple of times, and a lot of the problems were synch/rust-oriented.

i'm pessimistic about the cowboys' season, but zeke should put up respectable FF numbers. after all, he's pretty much the only arrow in the quiver.

re: OL looks like signing of veteran Xavier Su'aFilo, and usual 'have to play better' coach speak otherwise nothing significant happening in immediate future:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/9/11/17846066/cowboys-offensive-line-issues-persist-they-have-three-practices-to-get-them-fixed

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article218224710.html

If I had Zeke, I wouldn't be so worried. But as has been said, I wouldn't have Top Tier expectations.

I somehow stumbled almost unwillingly in a draft into Dak as backup QB and Hurns as my 5th WR. I have since dumped both (for Darnold and an injured D-Jax, respectively). So Zeke will get some. Everyone else? They look terrible.

As for how it relates to fantasy football?

Not much at all for Zeke unless I'm relying on him to really have a blow up year, then it's a little higher.

I don't know that the Cowboys offense will get it together much this season. Maybe they get better and maybe they don't.

In any case I don't think it will put a damper on Zeke's value.

He is still going to get the ball a lot and they will still be able to run on most teams. So he'll be fine. TDs may dip a little but that's it.

Worse case scenario for the team offense has him finishing as a low end RB1.

As for how it relates to fantasy football?

Worse case scenario for the team offense has him finishing as a low end RB1.

Well that is a concern considering I spent about 29% of my auction $ on him as a high end RB1. I knew there were risks with him, but that was case with DJ/Bell and Gurley went for closer to 34% (looking back probably that would have been worth it though). Even Fournette obvious risks, and unfortunately big Penn St guy in our league so Barkley went for ridiculous coin.

My thinking was if big concerns, possibly trying to sell high on him if can get a big game out of him early. But thinking it thru, even if got someone to bite on a trade, what I could likely get, better off just holding on him.