Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

NFL network Fantasy must start

I would never take any advice from NFL network, which is amazing how horrible they are since these guys get paid tons of money. Two of their recommended must start players for week 2, Todd Gurley and Tyreek Hill. What's the point in even having a fantasy show if their big advice is to tell us to start the best guys at their position?

I could be wrong but that show is targeted to a wider, bigger audience, not more advanced players.

I could be wrong but that show is targeted to a wider, bigger audience, not more advanced players.

I can't buy that. There is enough info out there that even the average fantasy owner isn't being helped one bit being told to start the two top guys at their position

I think the NFL XM radio show is the best pure NFL talk there is.They have ex scouts, owners, GMs, players, coaches, as their hosts at different times of the day. And they actually talk about the NFL game and management of it. They don't care about and are not good at fantasy football.

If you are talking the TV side, I don't really watch it.

• Like 1

I'm not defending it, Adam Rank is occassionally amusing but I don't think I ever got good advice from its content.

Breaking! Brotherbock's list of must-start QBs!

If you're playing fantasy football, you need to have one of these guys on your roster and in the game this week! If you don't have one of them at least, go get one now!

• Bradford
  • Ryan
  • Flacco
  • Allen
  • Newton
  • Trubisky
  • Dalton
  • Taylor
  • Prescott
  • Keenum
  • Stafford
  • Rodgers (risk!)
  • Watson
  • Luck
  • Bortles
  • Mahomes
  • Rivers
  • Goff
  • Tannehill
  • Cousins
  • Brady
  • Brees
  • Manning
  • Darnold
  • Carr
  • Foles
  • Roethlisberger
  • Garoppolo
  • Wilson
  • Fitzpatrick
  • Mariota (risk!)
  • Smith
  • Like 1

I play in a work buddy's league on NFL.com, he lost one a few years back and I was supposed to be a fill in. It's a complete joke. 9 guys in the league go off of NFL rankings and I clean up every year. Their rankings are horrible, and that's being quite forgiving. I liked Fabiano when he used to work for CBS Fantasty but it seems like he's mailing it in over there...or monkeys are filling out the other expert rankings.

If you're playing fantasy football, you need to have one of these guys on your roster and in the game this week! If you don't have one of them at least, go get one now!

• Bradford
  • Ryan
  • Flacco
  • Allen
  • Newton
  • Trubisky
  • Dalton
  • Taylor
  • Prescott
  • Keenum
  • Stafford
  • Rodgers (risk!)
  • Watson
  • Luck
  • Bortles
  • Mahomes
  • Rivers
  • Goff
  • Tannehill
  • Cousins
  • Brady
  • Brees
  • Manning
  • Darnold
  • Carr
  • Foles
  • Roethlisberger
  • Garoppolo
  • Wilson
  • Fitzpatrick
  • Mariota (risk!)
  • Smith

Lol great list.

I would never take any advice from NFL network, which is amazing how horrible they are since these guys get paid tons of money. Two of their recommended must start players for week 2, Todd Gurley and Tyreek Hill. What's the point in even having a fantasy show if their big advice is to tell us to start the best guys at their position?

I agree. They will tell you a "good start" or " Start em" but I wish they tell you who they would start that player over and then be accountable the next week.

Lol great list.

Agreed! He tapped into his extensive "source in the locker room says" rolodex and went out on a limb and recommends Allen over Peterman! Ballsy move.

I watched that also, and to be fair, it wasn't a 'must start' segment like you're describing, as intended to be some less than obvious guy you've gotta play.

they were calling out lock's of the week. guys that we clearly know are good, who will not bust this week. that was the purpose of the segment. because even elite players can bust. so they were calling out their players who are bust proof this week. was it a little amateurish? sure I guess, but it wasn't what youre making it out to be. not in a must start fashion you are describing.

I watched that also, and to be fair, it wasn't a 'must start' segment like you're describing, as intended to be some less than obvious guy you've gotta play.

they were calling out lock's of the week. guys that we clearly know are good, who will not bust this week. that was the purpose of the segment. because even elite players can bust. so they were calling out their players who are bust proof this week. was it a little amateurish? sure I guess, but it wasn't what youre making it out to be. not in a must start fashion you are describing.

I'm pretty sure the segment was called Must start. Even if it was as you describe, starting Gurley and Hill aren't the most obvious things there are in fantasy football? There was some more dumb shlt that happened after that. Other flex calls that should be someone's #1

I'm with you on this one, Frozen. I never listen to those guys. They spend too much time yucking it up, and play Captain Obvious.

I'm pretty sure the segment was called Must start. Even if it was as you describe, starting Gurley and Hill aren't the most obvious things there are in fantasy football? There was some more dumb shlt that happened after that. Other flex calls that should be someone's #1

Idk. Not everyone is a fantasy freak registered on a message board of a website. They are also appealing to the very casual player. For real info I goto Fantasy Footballers podcast, or other shows I can find on YT, as well as this site. I don't expect any gems from NFL Fantasy Live, just entertainment mostly.

I'm with you on this one, Frozen. I never listen to those guys. They spend too much time yucking it up, and play Captain Obvious.

I am actually ironically a big fan of the show, I like watching it to see my players show up. But I truly watch it for entertainment, I never use their advice. Although sometimes Akbhar will have some good stuff like the It's a Trap Segment, or his deep flier segment is decent. But the rest is the equivalent to a sitcom to me. Also, that helped noone is funny.

NFL Network is a joke and Espn is only a little bit better. My sources for FF information are here, Pro Football Focus and Rotogrinders.

Idk. Not everyone is a fantasy freak registered on a message board of a website. They are also appealing to the very casual player. For real info I goto Fantasy Footballers podcast, or other shows I can find on YT, as well as this site. I don't expect any gems from NFL Fantasy Live, just entertainment mostly.

I dont get this argument at all. Even if they are appealing to the simpletons like you think, it still doesn't help anyone to suggest the top fantasy players should be started. Actual good fantasy advice appeals to everyone. Your argument basically states that actual good fantasy advice only appeals to seasoned players. That makes no fvcking sense at all

I think his point is that they are mostly about entertainment, chemistry and gaining viewers. They probably know that the die hard ff guys will go elsewhere for in depth insights. They don't NEED to be good with FF analysis. They need to generate viewers by being goofy, funny or some other form of entertaining. At least, I see that as their approach. I think it's lame, but that's just me.

I think his point is that they are mostly about entertainment, chemistry and gaining viewers. They probably know that the die hard ff guys will go elsewhere for in depth insights. They don't NEED to be good with FF analysis. They need to generate viewers by being goofy, funny or some other form of entertaining. At least, I see that as their approach. I think it's lame, but that's just me.

Is that how stupid the average ffball player is? They watch a show about ffball, not because of the content, but because the people on it act goofy? Amazing that giving bad advice and acting like an idiot is considered more important than giving actual fantasy advice

Is that how stupid the average ffball player is? They watch a show about ffball, not because of the content, but because the people on it act goofy? Amazing that giving bad advice and acting like an idiot is considered more important than giving actual fantasy advice

A lot of the guys on NFL Network are former players. So, I think a lot of their vewership is average Joe's wanting to see their personality and such. Again, I think it's lame, but that's jmo. I obviously don't run the network. lol

They're all geared toward 10 team leagues.

Which is novice level unless a 10 teamer starts 2 QB, several extra Flex's, etc.

• Bradford
  • Ryan
  • Flacco
  • Allen
  • Newton
  • Trubisky
  • Dalton
  • Taylor
  • Prescott
  • Keenum
  • Stafford
  • Rodgers (risk!)
  • Watson
  • Luck
  • Bortles
  • Mahomes
  • Rivers
  • Goff
  • Tannehill
  • Cousins
  • Brady
  • Brees
  • Manning
  • Darnold
  • Carr
  • Foles
  • Roethlisberger
  • Garoppolo
  • Wilson
  • Fitzpatrick
  • Mariota (risk!)
  • Smith

Excellent!!! I have Mahomes!!!

The entire Network has gone downhill. The fantasy show seems to have adopted the GMFB style. Which is a crime against humanity. Unwatchable screaming and idiocy.