Sign in to follow this  
Maulers1973

Derek Carr...........

I think he still can be, but he might have to survive a few years of Gruden's outdated approach.

Getting some WR's who don't suck outloud couldn't hurt either.

Getting some WR's who don't suck outloud couldn't hurt either.

Did you read the article? HC Gruden is calling out Carr. He's basically saying, "Look right there, Cooper is wide open on your primary read and you didn't throw it!"

That's not on the WR's.

As Carr checked down to underneath receivers on nearly every play, I recalled the days of Warrick Dunn and Charlie Garner. Those were check down teams as well so Im surprised to see Gruden speak out. He was clearly fine and successful feeding underneath backs for those teams. Garner caught 72 passes one season. He made Alstott fantasy relevant.

Tim Brown and Joey Galloway were good to great as well so its not all bad news for Cooper. That Richard guy seems like hes made for the Gruden offense. Lynch, not so much.

As Carr checked down to underneath receivers on nearly every play, I recalled the days of Warrick Dunn and Charlie Garner. Those were check down teams as well so Im surprised to see Gruden speak out. He was clearly fine and successful feeding underneath backs for those teams. Garner caught 72 passes one season. He made Alstott fantasy relevant.

Tim Brown and Joey Galloway were good to great as well so its not all bad news for Cooper. That Richard guy seems like hes made for the Gruden offense. Lynch, not so much.

Good point. Jalen Richard is definitely on my radar, but I can't get excited about anyone on this team.