Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Anything about the guy in Dallas shot dead in his own apartment by a cop?

52 minutes ago, naomi said:

300 residents of the apartment building were interviewed about ever going to the wrong unit mistaking it for their place. 47 said they had, and more residents on the 3rd and 4th floor (Guyger and Jean's) had that experience relative to others. Unfortunately Botham Jean's door was ajar due to a mechanical malfunction. Guyger testified she yelled at Jean to put his hands up. Jean understandably charges up off his couch towards the crazy person in his door/entry way, yelling "Hey, hey hey!" The exact timing for either of them with that I'm not sure of, but it sounds like it was a perfect twisted storm of factors. Guyger was returning home from a 13.5 hour shift. I understand a lenient sentence given these factors but try to consider how I would feel if the sexes were reversed, etc. Hopefully the same.

Bullsh*t.  They had texts of her setting up a hookup.  The 13.5 hour shift is just her spin to try to get out of this. 

40 minutes ago, Reality said:

So, should we start taking bets on how much the owners of the apartment building get sued for by the deceased's family?

I think everyone knows that was just defense bullsh*t.  I haven't even read it being mentioned that anyone considers the apartment building liable.

43 minutes ago, Strike said:

Bullsh*t.  They had texts of her setting up a hookup.  The 13.5 hour shift is just her spin to try to get out of this. 

I'm not sure why those two things can't be true? If her reported shift length was bs, I would think the police department would have corrected that information. 

My understanding is that she was texting with this other officer whom she had numerous trysts with. You can do that and be tired simultaneously.

I think texting with him very likely plays into her distraction and not realizing sooner she was entering the wrong apartment.

On 10/5/2019 at 11:25 AM, vuduchile said:

You implied that black people are sympathetic to whites who’ve broken the law but whites don’t give a fock about black criminals. 

That’s as racist as it gets.   And that to me is sad. 

I didn't imply, nucca, I said (insert neck and eye roll) I do not recall (and neither do you) a time a white judge came down from the high bench to comfort a convicted black criminal not even one that was found not guilty. That isn't racist, that's facts. Okurrr.

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

I didn't imply, nucca, I said (insert neck and eye roll) I do not recall (and neither do you) a time a white judge came down from the high bench to comfort a convicted black criminal not even one that was found not guilty. That isn't racist, that's facts. Okurrr.

You mentioned the black family having sympathy for the white murderer as well.   You went on to say that hugs or apologies don’t even come when someone is wrongly accused.  

That is implying that a white judge and/or a white family have never and would never do that.  

That’s a generalization about how people behave based on their skin color and by definition racist.  

3 hours ago, naomi said:

I'm not sure why those two things can't be true? If her reported shift length was bs, I would think the police department would have corrected that information. 

My understanding is that she was texting with this other officer whom she had numerous trysts with. You can do that and be tired simultaneously.

I think texting with him very likely plays into her distraction and not realizing sooner she was entering the wrong apartment.

She was making plans to bang him that night.  If she was so tired she wouldn't have been doing that.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

She was making plans to bang him that night.  If she was so tired she wouldn't have been doing that.

Psychos have tremendous amounts of energy

23 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

One of the neighbors and witnesses who testified in the trial was shot to death Friday night. 

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/neighbor-of-botham-jean-who-testified-against-amber-guyger-reportedly-shot-and-killed-in-dallas/

That’s really crazy. They need to bring in an outside agency to investigate 

Maybe he was always stomping around up there on hardwood floors.  Plus you just know there was bass constantly thumping after 10 pm regardless of how many times I hit the ceiling with a broom handle.  <_<

22 hours ago, Strike said:

I think everyone knows that was just defense bullsh*t.  I haven't even read it being mentioned that anyone considers the apartment building liable.

I haven't heard anything locally here (yet) either.

But we live in world where McDonald's got sued (and paid) out $3m for coffee being too hot... Outside of the brother, the Botham Jean family is still outraged and out for blood - with an attorney who loves being in front of the camera. I fully expect civil suits to be brought against Gugyger and the apartment complex.  

Just now, Cruzer said:

But we live in world where McDonald's got sued (and paid) out $3m for coffee being too hot... Outside of the brother, the Botham Jean family is still outraged and out for blood - with an attorney who loves being in front of the camera. I fully expect civil suits to be brought against Gugyger and the apartment complex.  

Guyger ain’t got no money (I assume). But apartment complex is certainly insured so that’d be a viable place to look. Maybe police department too though that seems like a stretch 

21 hours ago, peenie said:

I didn't imply, nucca, I said (insert neck and eye roll) I do not recall (and neither do you) a time a white judge came down from the high bench to comfort a convicted black criminal not even one that was found not guilty. 

First off, they are all found guilty (except for OJ), so let's put that nonsense aside.  Second, a hug would destroy all that prison cred.  Kudos on the judges for helping out.

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Guyger ain’t got no money (I assume). But apartment complex is certainly insured so that’d be a viable place to look. Maybe police department too though that seems like a stretch 

I'm assuming she doesn't either.. But that hardly matters sometimes. Sometimes a family wants every ounce of blood they can get after they've been jilted - and that's the Jean family here.

24 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

We'll see.  For the record, because people always get it wrong, Mcdonalds paid out a very nominal amount in that coffee case:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

1 minute ago, Strike said:

We'll see.  For the record, because people always get it wrong, Mcdonalds paid out a very nominal amount in that coffee case:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

When I was on a jury deciding damages, it was very difficult.  We were given guidelines and tried to follow them. We then awarded like $2Million.  Everyone, including the judge and attorneys was shocked.  I am sure it was lowered by the judge. It's not easy for a first time jury to know what to do. 

21 hours ago, vuduchile said:

You mentioned the black family having sympathy for the white murderer as well.   You went on to say that hugs or apologies don’t even come when someone is wrongly accused.  

That is implying that a white judge and/or a white family have never and would never do that.  

That’s a generalization about how people behave based on their skin color and by definition racist.  

You are trying to hard and not making sense

6 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

It's been discussed here numerous times and people still get the facts of that deal wrong

Everyone is usually right. :dunno:  Except for maybe the amount, which wasn't small.

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

McDonalds deserved to lose that case. I know this because I read past the headline. There was a lot more to it. 

They arrested someone in the witnesses murder.  Looks like an unrelated drug deal gone bad.

I thought he was shot outside of his apartment, like a drive by situation. A drug deal gone bad but yet they found 12 pounds of weed, 143 cartridges of THC and $4000 in cash in the apartment? Those guys drove from Louisiana to Dallas, Texas and forgot to get the drugs and money? They just drove back empty handed? Not sure that I buy the police were involved as it seems his testimony backed up her claims. I just wonder if they've got the right people. 

4 hours ago, peenie said:

I thought he was shot outside of his apartment, like a drive by situation. A drug deal gone bad but yet they found 12 pounds of weed, 143 cartridges of THC and $4000 in cash in the apartment? Those guys drove from Louisiana to Dallas, Texas and forgot to get the drugs and money? They just drove back empty handed? Not sure that I buy the police were involved as it seems his testimony backed up her claims. I just wonder if they've got the right people. 

The key part of his testimony was that Guyger didn’t yell “stop, police!” or whatever it was she claimed before shooting the guy.

So it’s a little suspicious with the timing and as far as maybe retribution or if Guyger were to get a new trial after appeal. (Though his prior testimony may be admissible in that event, I’m not sure.)

That said, apparently the dude had been shot before and was paranoid he would be again so there was obviously something going on there.

They should really have an outside entity handle it just to dispel suspicion. FBI or whatever 

44 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

The key part of his testimony was that Guyger didn’t yell “stop, police!” or whatever it was she claimed before shooting the guy.

Oh...I see. Since she was found guilty it would seem they didn't believe her version of the story.