Sign in to follow this  
yupper

Baker Mayfield

What do you think Baker's ceiling is? Does he have the ability to be what D. Watson was last year for the Texans? Can he turn the Browns into a respectable team?

Because I havs Mahomes, I am putting Callaway as my priority waiver add. I have the #2. My receivers are solid, but I want to see what happens with Callaway and Mayfield together. If I had almost anyone else I would have Mayfield as my ww add. His receivers aren't as good and Hue sucks, so it's not as cut and dry as I would like. He has the potential though, yes.

I have been vocal since the summer about having Mayfield on your team this year. Yes, it's the Browns....but can't believe people are still sleeping on him. He's the real deal guys. I own him in 4 leagues behind the likes of Mahommes, Watson, and Rodgers, and just picked him up in a 5th by dropping Fitzmagic for him. Missed him in my only other league when a OU homer grabbed him early-ish in the draft.

Unless Hue blows it, I honestly believe he can be a league winner. As frozen mentioned, I believe that Callaway is now a great speculative add, as well...but Mayfield should be priority imho.

Just blew 42 Faab on him in my superflex league after losing Jimmy G. Think he will be good, but Watson, not even close. Cleveland wants to run the ball and plays in a cold weather black and blue division.

From what I saw, he looked sharp in relief. Agree on Callaway, I think the offense probably improves significantly in the short term. Outlook on the long term is cloudy.

and just picked him up in a 5th by dropping Fitzmagic for him. .

You dropped the hottest QB in nfl history? Mayfield is fine but his ceiling is nowhere in the same stratosphere as what Fitz is doing right now.

Drafted Hyde in 2 leagues, Landry in 1, picked up Callaway in 1, Njoku in the other. The team I own the most shares in

Never thought Id invest so heavily in the Browns, seems like a bad idea

I hope Mayfield becomes a hot commodity because right now all I have is Luck and while I'm not in full blown panic mode I am starting to worry.

There's a lot to like here. Good enough weapons with a security blanket in Landry, big TE in Njoku and big play threat outside in Callaway. Hopefully they get Duke Johnson more involved out of the backfield as his usage this season is very surprising. He doesn't have the rushing ability of a Watson but he can move and he should be good for 20 or so rush yards a game. He's very accurate and his passes have zip and he's got an undeniable it factor to him. The early success of young QBs like Watson and Mahomes is encouraging but Baker's weapons are not on that level. Hopefully Haley gets creative with Baker and orchestrates the offense to the best of his abilities. Not starting him this week but will be rooting for him in fantasy and real life as he's fun to watch.

Gruden (yes the QB guru) has some very good things to say about Mayfield, that's good enough for me-I picked him up. We'll see when Raiders-Browns play this Sunday! I was thinking of picking up Callaway too, but would have to drop either Golladay or Fuller who've both been hot, they are my WR bench warmers behind Green/Hill.

You dropped the hottest QB in nfl history? Mayfield is fine but his ceiling is nowhere in the same stratosphere as what Fitz is doing right now.

Gotta take your chances in this pursuit of ours. Love Fitz....but he could very well be warming a bench in week 6.

Just zigging while everyone else is zagging.

I’m intrigued by his upside that I think I might drop Alex smith for either him or Andy Dalton. My Qb1 is Cousins. I was comparing Dalton’s and Mayfield’s schedule for the rest of the season and being that they’re in the same division, they both have a pretty favorable schedule. I know what I’m getting in Dalton, not sure what to expect yet with Baker. I’m certainly intrigued though. Perhaps it’s worth the risk to grab Mayfield over Dalton and drop Smith.

• Like 1

Gruden (yes the QB guru) has some very good things to say about Mayfield, that's good enough for me-I picked him up. We'll see when Raiders-Browns play this Sunday! I was thinking of picking up Callaway too, but would have to drop either Golladay or Fuller who've both been hot, they are my WR bench warmers behind Green/Hill.

Drop Fuller? Why even mention that?

. Perhaps it’s worth the risk to grab Mayfield over Dalton and drop Smith.

With that upside.....you better believe it.

Because I havs Mahomes, I am putting Callaway as my priority waiver add. I have the #2. My receivers are solid, but I want to see what happens with Callaway and Mayfield together. If I had almost anyone else I would have Mayfield as my ww add. His receivers aren't as good and Hue sucks, so it's not as cut and dry as I would like. He has the potential though, yes.

??????? Do you realize that Callaway plays for Cleveland, not KC? Why even mention having Mahomes? Mayfield is his QB...………………..

??????? Do you realize that Callaway plays for Cleveland, not KC? Why even mention having Mahomes? Mayfield is his QB.....

Maybe you should read his post again. While worded strangely, he was trying to say that he has the #2 claim and theres two options on waivers, Mayfield & Callaway, but because he owns Mahomes, he has no need for Mayfield. Not very difficult to figure out..

• Like 1

What do you think Baker's ceiling is? Does he have the ability to be what D. Watson was last year for the Texans? Can he turn the Browns into a respectable team?

Think they lose this weekend.

I really do, and I think he will have a rough game.

Keep Fuller and Golladay

Maybe you should read his post again. While worded strangely, he was trying to say that he has the #2 claim and theres two options on waivers, Mayfield & Callaway, but because he owns Mahomes, he has no need for Mayfield. Not very difficult to figure out..

Hah, that post does sound kind of odd. I still don't see where Husky would have gotten confused though.

Think they lose this weekend.

I really do, and I think he will have a rough game.

I think they win. The Browns D plus Mayfield getting 3 points, I like that bet all day against the Raiders

League worst by far in qb pressure and getting in backfield coupled with awful DBs means baker is gonna eat

• Like 1

I would be hesitant to bet this game. Below average Home team only giving 3 vs a rookie QB in his first start for a team that has won 1 game in two years? I'd look elsewhere

He's got potential for sure. For those that didn't watch the game, he was telegraphing his passes and the Jets didn't pick up on it. He does get the ball out quick, and I like that. He needs to learn to look off the safety. He can get there, but he has some learning to do, more work to do which he even said himself. I like him. I think he'll do well. Let's not put in the pro bowl just yet. lol

Also, I really hope and pray this kid stays healthy.

I just picked up Baker as a FA. He somehow cleared waivers in my league. I have Brees so I likely never start Baker but he could make for an interesting trade piece down the road.

I see no reason that he shouldn't be rostered in 100% of leagues. If he flops or is just MEH, then no harm no foul. But if he shapes up as a weekly top 12 QB he at worst is a trade piece and at best is a starting QB for many teams.

Im intrigued by his upside that I think I might drop Alex smith for either him or Andy Dalton. My Qb1 is Cousins. I was comparing Daltons and Mayfields schedule for the rest of the season and being that theyre in the same division, they both have a pretty favorable schedule. I know what Im getting in Dalton, not sure what to expect yet with Baker. Im certainly intrigued though. Perhaps its worth the risk to grab Mayfield over Dalton and drop Smith.

So who's actually starting him this week? I keep going back and forth between Baker and Luck. Would've gone Dalton but he's already rostered.

I'm not starting him over Mahomes. Give me Mayfield over noodle arm Luck any day

Keep Fuller and Golladay

Hey weepaws thanks-I wasn't actually looking for an answer, thanks anyway! I read a article where it said to get Callaway right now because you won't be able to next week, but I'm keeping my guys! Good luck this week.

Drop Fuller? Why even mention that?

Einstein-I didn't say I was gonna do it, I said IF I was gonna pick him up I would have to drop either...………….shweeesh…….a little over your head! Sorry for that, son.

Hey weepaws thanks-I wasn't actually looking for an answer, thanks anyway! I read a article where it said to get Callaway right now because you won't be able to next week, but I'm keeping my guys! Good luck this week.

Thank you, and good luck this week.

Einstein-I didn't say I was gonna do it, I said IF I was gonna pick him up I would have to drop either....shweeesh.a little over your head! Sorry for that, son.

Then why mention it? It seems you crave attention more than ffball advice

I have Cam on bye and chose Mayfield over

Dalton

So who's actually starting him this week? I keep going back and forth between Baker and Luck. Would've gone Dalton but he's already rostered.

I have Cam on bye and chose Mayfield over

Dalton

Tough call. I like Dalton this week as Atlanta's pass d can be had. Plus, the game could shoot out. There's at least potential for Browns to put more focus on ground and pound against Oakland.