Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

TNF: Rams vs Vikings...Come clean: Who’d you leave on the bench?

With all of the skill players for both teams exploding, except for Cook, whod you leave on your bench?

I left Goff on my bench in favor of Stafford vs Dallas which cost me 39 points but also resisted temptation and kept Cook and his 2 points benched even after he was deemed active. Too many variables there for me. Starting Miller in his place Sunday. So 1-for-2. But, my opponent benched Cooper Kupp for Will Fuller. That can only be a net positive for me!

I benched the Viking dee for New England. I am winning by 25-23 but expected Gurley to outscore Thelien by more.

Dude in my league left Goff & Kupp on the bench. We get yardage and long TD bonuses. 92pts from those two players ALONE.

I'm facing him. :wave:

I want to know you benched Cousins, and for who?

I know on the little help board someone asked if they should start Mayfield over Cousins.

I left Minn Def on the bench and played Diggs. I'm going with Indi Def. this week.

Is Minn def. worth dropping? Not many defenses left on the wire.

I left Goff on my bench. Had Gurley obviously in starting lineup. I left fitzmagic in because I'm a damn rebel...

Benched Cousins for Eli. Stopped watching after the Theilen TD.

I call BS to anyone who says they benched MIN defense.

If you have MIN Defense thru week 4, you drafted them... they werent on your wire. If you draft a defense, you do so because you choose NOT to plug and play, and roll them out every single week.

Lets keep it real, while friendly boys and girls.

I started Watson vs Indy over Goff. Yeah that hurts !

I did start Cousins over Watson in another league.

I will never sit Goff again. Hes on the best offense in the NFL. Just stupid sticking with Watson !

• Like 1

Eh...just Goff no biggie lol...kinda hard to start the guy tho the way Ryan's been going off

First week jve prob made wrong call on qb tho....started Goff week 1 then Ryan last two weeks....doubt Ryan bests last night but oh well...I'd take 35 from matty

Benched Cousins for Goff. Actually acquired Goff for John Brown & Corey Clement on Monday so I'm hoping that ends up being a great move.

Started Kupp. We play 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX in Full PPR & I usually go 5 wide. Drafted Kupp as my WR5 & obviously he's moving up the depth chart.

So 85 points between Goff & Kupp made my Thursday Night pretty enjoyable.

Goff, but my starter is Rogers hosting the putrid Bills. In no world would I have benched Rogers for Goff with those match ups.

• Like 1

If you have MIN Defense thru week 4, you drafted them... they werent on your wire. If you draft a defense, you do so because you choose NOT to plug and play, and roll them out every single week.

I left that -9 on my bench. Yeah I drafted them, but I also know a defense that got lit up by buffalo, flying on a short week to play the Rams wasn't a good start. They aren't the set and forget d I thought they'd be. I was wrong at the draft. Far too often I've let that tank my season by starting players that should be on the bench, not this time friendo.

I benched Vikings defense as I picked up Seattle (@ Arizona) on Wednesday. Why would anyone trust the Vikings defense in LA after getting beat like they did Week 3 at home against Buffalo. I'll probably bench them again Week 5 at Philadelphia. I'm not dropping them, but they are a defense with a lot of issues at the moment.

Just checked my 2 leagues:

A league - my opponent played Dalvin but left the negative 6 from MIN DST on the bench

B league- the MIN DST owner played them and got 1 point

I was considering benching Diggs given how LAR has shut down WRs so far. Just last week Keenan Allen was held to a 7-3-44 line. But the injuries to LAR's DBs made starting him an easy call. There was a lot of grousing in the game thread about the early attention shown to Thielen at the expense of Diggs and i was pretty steamed myself. But Diggs finished only 4 points below him and actually had 15 targets to Thielen's 12.

One manager in my league benched both Kupp and Cooks. Another benched Goff.

I have 3 teams... in 1 league, I have no Rams or Vikings. In another, I had Thielen - whom I always start - got me 27.5 points. In the last league, I only have 1 QB (Goff), and also started Thielen and Rudolph - got me 77.5 points.

In the league where I don't have any Vikings or Rams, it is a 2 QB league (PPR), and one guy started the Goff, Cousins, Gurley, Cooks, and Thielen and got 150 points. Thank God I'm not playing him.

I have Goff in 3 dynasty leagues, just played him in one game. I played Stafford and Fitzpatrick on the other 2.

57 from Goff in the league I played him, my opponent left Kupp on the bench too, :thumbsup:

Dude in my league left Goff & Kupp on the bench. We get yardage and long TD bonuses. 92pts from those two players ALONE.

I'm facing him. :wave:

In one my leagues, it's shaping up to be a long year (drafted DJ @ #3, for starters - after drafting him last year). This week (we face two teams per week), the worst team in the league started Goff against me. 50 points. The other team I faced started Gurley and Kupp.

Ugh.

I dropped Cooper Kupp right before the game started. I had just added him, but the same guy that dropped him also dropped Derek Carr who clears waivers Sunday morning who I want to pick up. I'm really deep at wide receiver but still that was a mistake. If I don't get Carr I'll try to get Kupp back.

1pt, and not negative? Id like to know that scoring system.

I think its CBS standard default https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/what-is-a-standard-scoring-league/

In my yahoo league it was negative 6, but we do alter the scoring a bit from yahoo default so not sure what the DST got in a default yahoo league.

I left Goff on my bench. I started Cousins. 60 points from my starter, 74 from my bench.
I had Kupp in my starting lineup also.

I can't ever remember a non-Thanksgiving Thursday game being this good with so much fantasy relevance. And the way both offenses exploded, if you were on the wrong side of it you may be a loser before Sunday even gets here.

I think its CBS standard default https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/what-is-a-standard-scoring-league/

In my yahoo league it was negative 6, but we do alter the scoring a bit from yahoo default so not sure what the DST got in a default yahoo league.

Admittedly, the league I commish has a more aggressive scoring system for D/ST; therefore league owner in my league took a -14

Still, hard to see why any positive points would be earned for that performance

So many people somehow left Rams on the bench. One league guy played Brady over Goff and in another a Rams fan benched Goff and Cooks. He was even AT the Rams game and didn’t start them! Hindsight yea yea but what’s wrong with you people? These are no brainer starts imo.

1pt, and not negative? Id like to know that scoring system.

I have never played in a league where you get negative for dst. CBS you start with 20 and it goes down from there. Id rather not even start a dst if theres a chance for negatives.

Kupp and his 35.7 points on my bench look pretty good and would definitely have helped get to 4-0, now it's an uphill battle. But sat him for Allen Robinson and John Brown or Agholor. I thought he might score but was thinking 4-55-1 as a ceiling. Oh well.

But my opponent hit me with Cousins and Woods. That hurts more than having Kupp on the bench.

I have never played in a league where you get negative for dst. CBS you start with 20 and it goes down from there. Id rather not even start a dst if theres a chance for negatives.

Usually you get negative points if a DST gives up too many points. I like it as a wrinkle; a DST can win a week for you, or lose one.

I have 2 shares of woods. sat him in 1 for arob and started him over smokey brown in another.