Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

TE wasteland? Remember this name

Baltimore's Hayden Hurst is about to return from injury and dude has serious talent. 1st round selection of the Ravens, guy was already making sweet music with Flacco in the preseason before fracturing his foot.

Baltimore's Hayden Hurst is about to return from injury and dude has serious talent. 1st round selection of the Ravens, guy was already making sweet music with Flacco in the preseason before fracturing his foot.

I like the talent. I stayed away from him in my dynasty draft because of the ridiculous approach that Baltimore has with the tight ends. That and Baltimore views Lamar Jackson as their future QB for reasons I don't understand. He is not a very good passer at all. Even if Hurst becomes the most used receiving tight end, I don't see how he will be fantasy relevant with Jackson at QB.

I grabbed him in my dynasty. Didnt need a TE exactly but he fell far enough. Where as the hype train Gesicki went much earlier.

What was his name?

Think Hurst has any value this year? I have Burton and am hoping this is his week. Otherwise I need someone like Gesicki or Hurst with potential to close out the year. 1st year TEs usually do not pan out.

Rookie TE's rarely do much . and Ravens do a TE by committee and the other rookie they have is playing well enough. but yes worth a speculative add .

I only threw it out there because he is a 1st round with serious talent, the Ravens are getting nothing out of TE currently, and the TE market is a bare cupboard right now.

Hmm... do I do it?

Nah, you guys have a good night and good luck this weekend :)

Hayden Hurst is a legit tight end prospect

Hurst is the next marquee tight end if he can stay healthy, but that has always been the issue in Bmore....for what ever reason their TE's simply cannot stay healthy, and it might have something to do with the way they use them, the way Flacco throws....who knows.

They have had multiple OC's and this trend seems to hold true, regardless.

IF he comes back and stays healthy it makes sense that he could be big points, Flacco checks down fast.....and never throws the ball away, if Hurst can get open....and he is that guy who can, then he will feast because Flacco will dump to him all the friggin time....

Hurst is the next marquee tight end if he can stay healthy, but that has always been the issue in Bmore....for what ever reason their TE's simply cannot stay healthy, and it might have something to do with the way they use them, the way Flacco throws....who knows.

IF he comes back and stays healthy it makes sense that he could be big points, Flacco checks down fast.....and never throws the ball away, if Hurst can get open....and he is that guy who can, then he will feast because Flacco will dump to him all the friggin time....

What's everyones thoughts on Mark Andrews?

What's everyones thoughts on Mark Andrews?

My perception is that Andrews is serviceable with a higher than expected ceiling, and outside of the Raven's offense would likely be a solid 10-pointer per week. Unfortunately he has to contend with Hurst, and Flacco's inability to identify when a receiver is open. Hurst is more able to get open than Andrews, and Andrews is not going to outfight linebackers for the ball, which is what made Boldin so successful when he was there. Flacco could toss a prayer in Boldin's direction and know that he will likely outfight his defender.

Not what he was referring to I'm guessing...that was a trolling alert, but maybe not toward this guy.

Outside of the top tight ends it is a crapshoot every week looking for the weakest defense against tes