Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Mitchell Trubisky

Obviously you think he is one the worst QBs taken in the last 3 years. If that's your take, the that's your take. But at this point to say your mind could be changed, well, that's a bit obvious. I mean, if he comes on and becomes a top 5 QB over the next year or two, then what else could be said?

Well, currently everything that he's done, or lack there of, proves that he is one of the worst young QB's in the league. I don't think that's actually even debatable. I don't label anyone a "bust" or a "star" based on such a small sample size... I'm currently just calling it like I see it based on the information that's available.

As a Bears fan you wouldn't trade him for mahomes or Watson? Bears D will be a much bigger factor than mitchy will.

I like them both a lot, but I would keep Trubs

Another thing to remember is Mitch was missing open guys earlier in the season and he hit them on Sunday. His success at this point will come as long as his line gives him time. Like most young QBs, he struggles with pressure, and there wasnt much of that on Sunday. Let him learn the playbook and keep getting snaps and he'll be fine.

Frozen has been a solid regular contributor here for a while so I for one care...

Wow, to each their own I guess.

I like them both a lot. I think they are the next wave of possible great qbs. The league is due for some legit superstar qb blood. It's very early in either of their careers. Neither is obviously better than the other for the future yet. Nagy was holding Trubisky back, and then he opened up the offense.

6 TDs requires luck no matter how bad the pass defense is. It's not the total TDs where I point to how awesome Trubiskys performance was. It was the pinpoint throws to the receivers. Not every catch was some wide open receiver. Trubisky has a very rare talent, and if you can't see he at least has the raw talent to be great, then you don't have a clue about scouting players

Maybe he will be but I have eyes and Watson and Mahomes are light years better and most non Bears fans can easily see that.

Maybe he will be but I have eyes and Watson and Mahomes are light years better and most non Bears fans can easily see that.

Mahomes is better right now. I agree. I don't think light-years though. Mitch just throw 6 TD passes with insane accuracy. Who will end up better in the long run? I cant say it will be Mitch with confidence. I think both will be great, maybe one is slightly greater than the other? I love what Mitch brings as far as his running ability. I will stick by him. I would be thrilled to have either as my franchise qb

Didn't you say some not nice things about mitchy a few short weeks ago?

Didn't you say some not nice things about mitchy a few short weeks ago?

I was an original defender. I was worried about the poor decisions he was making and his demeanor. I also realized that Nagy had a large part in not giving Trubisky more options to work with. It was a little overreaction to what I was watching at the moment.

My buddy who is also a Bears fan has been a Trubisky doubter from day 1, so we have gone back and forth on this. I told him that despite the not so great game that I still believed in Trubisky. In fact, I did that with a few friends.

I also don't get why criticism of what I see has anything to do with this. He deserved it, but it doesn't mean his talent level changed. He is going to be a consistent star eventually

This game showed more for Jameis Winston IMO... and not that he looked good or anything, but the fact that he is going to have to put up 35+ every week through the air, as this defense is horrid and the running game is not existant. I'm throwing Winston on my bench and hoping for gold

I was an original defender. I was worried about the poor decisions he was making and his demeanor. I also realized that Nagy had a large part in not giving Trubisky more options to work with. It was a little overreaction to what I was watching at the moment.

My buddy who is also a Bears fan has been a Trubisky doubter from day 1, so we have gone back and forth on this. I told him that despite the not so great game that I still believed in Trubisky. In fact, I did that with a few friends.

I also don't get why criticism of what I see has anything to do with this. He deserved it, but it doesn't mean his talent level changed. He is going to be a consistent star eventually

I saw everyone of his games at UNC. I knew he had the skill set and physical tools to make it.

His struggles early were due to inexperience and the Bears not having the best supporting cast. He just played one full season in college in a spread offense so it was a big learning curve.

It seems like he's getting it down now though. The team is better around him too.

I expect more big games.

Until Trubisky becomes consistent and owns the NFC North for a decade.

You are flakey. You were saying he was the next coming all offseason...with no real basis other than being a fan. To then being "alarmed" by his play early this year and critical. Now after a game vs the worst pass defense he is back to the next Joe Montana.

I have no idea what Mitchy will end up as. I didnt love him out of college. And up until his last game he really has showed nothing much.

It will be hard to totally fail at QB in todays NFL. The game is set up for easy completions. Goff looked like he didnt belong in the league let alone 1st overall. Then boom next year he is very solid. This year maybe very good. Perhaps because of a young offensive minded coach.

It's interesting to see. Everyone who is a team fan of who is on the side of a QB their team just drafted tends to say that the QB has promise and they think they will be good but don't really know how things will work out when coming out of college. And they assess logically.

But then there are a ton of folks who like different teams that hate certain QBs that say that they "know" those QBs suck and won't make it.

It's so much easier to be on the side of a QB that doesn't become a HOFer because the odds are in their favor in the end.

It's interesting to see. Everyone who is a team fan of who is on the side of a QB their team just drafted tends to say that the QB has promise and they think they will be good but don't really know how things will work out when coming out of college. And they assess logically.

But then there are a ton of folks who like different teams that hate certain QBs that say that they "know" those QBs suck and won't make it.

It's so much easier to be on the side of a QB that doesn't become a HOFer because the odds are in their favor in the end.

Seems to be other way around here.

Frozen "knows" everything. And is certain Mitchy will be real good.

Others arent certain and didnt like him out of college. But hard to convince since he looked like nothing much up until this 1 game.

Others arent certain and didnt like him out of college. But hard to convince since he looked like nothing much up until this 1 game.

You are incorrect on all statements Do you not know the history of QBs? They often times get better after their rookie year and as time goes on. Plus Trubisky was given a crap situation. That is why they fired their coach last year.

You are incorrect on all statements Do you not know the history of QBs? They often times get better after their rookie year and as time goes on. Plus Trubisky was given a crap situation. That is why they fired their coach last year.

Im not sure your point. I just said no one bashing him is certain he sucks. He just hasnt shown much until 1 game vs the worse defense in a league that Fitz Magic was tearing up for a few games.

Everyone here that isnt a raging nuthugger is saying the sample size is small and jury is out.

You seem to be confused. The only one calling this a lock one way or another is frozen.

Id agure that Mahommes game last night was better than what Trubs did.

Im not bashing mitch. I wasnt high on him. I think bears fans are cute.

I was concerned because it seemed that he was making poor decisions. I was reacting more emotionally than really looking at the big picture. Why do I have to keep repeating this? Your reading comprehension is pretty shitty. I realized that he didn't have many options downfield and defended him to people who were down on him overall, it just wasn't on this site.

Do you ever make a statement, and realize it wasn't quite accurate and change the way your interpret the information? That's what happened. I guess if you want to stick to your original views and never adapt them or admit you were wrong, then good luck with that.

Do you ever make a statement, and realize it wasn't quite accurate and change the way your interpret the information?

He doesn't. He is simply wrong all the time and sticks by it. But it's cute isn't it?

I was concerned because it seemed that he was making poor decisions. I was reacting more emotionally than really looking at the big picture. Why do I have to keep repeating this? Your reading comprehension is pretty shitty. I realized that he didn't have many options downfield and defended him to people who were down on him overall, it just wasn't on this site.

Do you ever make a statement, and realize it wasn't quite accurate and change the way your interpret the information? That's what happened. I guess if you want to stick to your original views and never adapt them or admit you were wrong, then good luck with that.

Ive changed my mind. Just seemed a bit wishy washy. To go from "i dont know why people havent realized he is an elite young qb in this league" during the offseason. To how critical you were through first few games. To now you would take him over Watson and Mahomes...and he WILL be a very good WB for several years.

I know you didnt bury him when you were critical. But you seem to jump pretty far a few times in a short period of time. Id call that flakey.

He doesn't. He is simply wrong all the time and sticks by it. But it's cute isn't it?

It is cute to watch bears fans talk QBs.

The guy has no business throwing six TDs. It's almost laughable....manning, farve, Rodgers, Brady have probably all combined for no more than three six tds games and we have Mitch Trubiski throwing 5 in a half. This is like the steroid era of baseball......what would manning of done with these rules vs that pathetic defense, 9 tds?

Take this all with a grain of salt. He'll struggle to get one TD in Miami in two weeks.

Ive changed my mind. Just seemed a bit wishy washy. To go from "i dont know why people havent realized he is an elite young qb in this league" during the offseason. To how critical you were through first few games. To now you would take him over Watson and Mahomes...and he WILL be a very good WB for several years.

I know you didnt bury him when you were critical. But you seem to jump pretty far a few times in a short period of time. Id call that flakey.

Not flaky, just an overreaction. I am from the Chicago area so all my ffball buddies back home are Bears fans. Most of them didn't like the Trubisky trade and haven't let up that it was a mistake. I prob let them get to me a little when they keep texting me on every bad throw, even though I point out the good ones he makes also, the body language is what made the bad throws seem even worse in the moment.

Just because I think Trubisky is going to be very good, it doesn't mean he isn't above criticism. He deserved it. Most guys who I think will be high end have supreme body language and confidence. Trubisky seemed to make poor decisions running and throwing, and then he was getting down on himself. It's just not something we see a whole lot from the higher end guys on the confidence part of their game. Jameis Winston is not very good at all, but the dude doesn't have a conscience. He could have 5 terrible throws in a row and come back out bombs away like nothing happened. So it did worry me that, although I didn't doubt his high end talent, maybe his head wasn't going to be able to allow him to reach his potential.

The TB defense is terrible. The 6 TDs are not the important part. It was the throws themselves. Maybe Nagy goes back to a more conservative game plan, and maybe Trubisky has more to go on the mental end of it and doesn't come close to this weeks performance for a while? I don't know. Maybe he never quite gets the full confidence of a superstar? I am just pumped that the Bears have a guy with this much talent on the team. Plus, his running ability is pretty high end for a QB also.

manning, farve, Rodgers, Brady have probably all combined for no more than three six tds games and we have Mitch Trubiski throwing 5 in a half.

You are correct on this point.

It is cute to watch bears fans talk QBs.

And it is weird that you keep calling everyone cute. Maybe you should be whining over in the transgender thread.

To those who think this is just a blip and he isn't that good, did you at least come away thinking his throws were damn good in this game?

Not flaky, just an overreaction. I am from the Chicago area so all my ffball buddies back home are Bears fans. Most of them didn't like the Trubisky trade and haven't let up that it was a mistake. I prob let them get to me a little when they keep texting me on every bad throw, even though I point out the good ones he makes also, the body language is what made the bad throws seem even worse in the moment.

Just because I think Trubisky is going to be very good, it doesn't mean he isn't above criticism. He deserved it. Most guys who I think will be high end have supreme body language and confidence. Trubisky seemed to make poor decisions running and throwing, and then he was getting down on himself. It's just not something we see a whole lot from the higher end guys on the confidence part of their game. Jameis Winston is not very good at all, but the dude doesn't have a conscience. He could have 5 terrible throws in a row and come back out bombs away like nothing happened. So it did worry me that, although I didn't doubt his high end talent, maybe his head wasn't going to be able to allow him to reach his potential.

The TB defense is terrible. The 6 TDs are not the important part. It was the throws themselves. Maybe Nagy goes back to a more conservative game plan, and maybe Trubisky has more to go on the mental end of it and doesn't come close to this weeks performance for a while? I don't know. Maybe he never quite gets the full confidence of a superstar? I am just pumped that the Bears have a guy with this much talent on the team. Plus, his running ability is pretty high end for a QB also.

I understand your enthusiasm in getting a QB who may finally be a franchise guy. Or at least was drafted as such.

We will see how the year pans out. You are right it wont be the numbers it will be how he performs game to game. In games when he isnt up by 30.

Im not ready to name mahomes the next Favre. Nor ready to bury Trubisky. I give QBs time to to show their stuff.

To those who think this is just a blip and he isn't that good, did you at least come away thinking his throws were damn good in this game?

Yeah for sure

And it is weird that you keep calling everyone cute. Maybe you should be whining over in the transgender thread.

Youre so thilly

I’ll give props to Trubs for pretty much the first big game of his career, great job. But seeing someone say they wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes, a prodigy already, makes me need to physically turn my head away. I’m rooting for Mitch, as long as you have the tools, you can become a good QB. He can make the throws.

• Like 1

You guys sound like idiots criticizing Trubisky after the game he just had.

Yeah, its as if he is being criticized even more for having a monster game. And other QBs would have performed at a higher level in that first half vs TB?

I get that TB sucks, but theyre still a professional football team. Trubs and the Bears offense was fantastic. Thats all there is to it. The QB is making progress, and thats the most offense anyone has seen in Chicago in years. Bears fans should enjoy that, onto the next game.

... and a back up. Just sayin

The Eagles have two legit starting qbs on the same roster. One has the be the backup.......... Unless you would start them both?............. Aaron Rodgers was a backup at some point............. Just sayin