Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Mitchell Trubisky

Yep. Pretty true. The Bears never had a monster QB. But right now at this time, Trubisky in only his second year, is top ten in the league. Manning.... bottom 10. Trubisky's rating is over 97. :)

And Manning does suck. 8 games with 8 TDs and 6 INTs. He has a high completion % because over 25% of his passes are to the RBs. He is 1-7 in his starts this year and I bet you would argue that the Giants have better WRs, a better TE, and a better RB than the Bears do. Am I right?

And since when does a projection of 16 TDs and 12 INTs inspire a team to want to keep their QB (how is "that saying much in today's NFL")? Especially when they just paid fat $ to Beckham and are now is sell mode. The giants are a mess.

In Mitchy's wildest dreams he will have half the career of Eli Manning. Aim way lower

He has been hovering around 50% completion pct in his last two games... I like his development, but I'd like to see him perform well against a good team. I also like his wheels, but I worry about his health... no need to go all Jimmy G on us.

• Like 1

In Mitchy's wildest dreams he will have half the career of Eli Manning. Aim way lower

Sure, eli is great, and the '85 Bears went 15-1 and won the superbowl because of Jim McMahon and Steve Fuller.

We could be discussing topics such as religion, politics, picnic condiments... it always somehow comes back to Eli Manning.

Well, that really wasn't my overall point. It was to just point out that a QB who playing really crappy right now can still have a passer rating over 90, completion % over 60, and throw for over 4000 yards... but still stink.

23 of 30 - 355 - 3 TDs passing - 0 INTs - 1 TD rushing.

Not bad at all.

Good job. This QB is really progressing.

The coaching staff is doing a great job with him.

He’s playing really good, and doing so limited at wr.

Robinson just isn’t a wr1 so they need to find one for this Qb.

Great job should go out to the Bears coaching staff.

The coaching staff is doing a great job with him.

He’s playing really good, and doing so limited at wr.

Robinson just isn’t a wr1 so they need to find one for this Qb.

Great job should go out to the Bears coaching staff.

Robinson had 6 for 133 and 2 TDs

Miller had 5 for 122 and 1 TD

I think as Trubisky gets better, so do his receivers. Kudos to the coaching staff as well for sure. Coaching commitment to build up Trubisky was a key management decision.

Robinson body of work based on the whole season in which makes a season has been awful based on what constitutes a wr1.

Five out of the seven games Robinson has played in he’s as scored less then 9 points, he’s no wr1 bears made a mistake.

I would look for the Bears to make a move for another wr that’s going to produce like a wr1 during the offseason, of not they will have blown it once again next season.

Have a fantastic night it’s time to go.

I would look for the Bears to make a move for another wr that’s going to produce like a wr1 during the offseason, of not they will have blown it once again next season.

I think the Bears are good and getting better. You can say they blew it all you want. Doesn't make you right.

I'm loving how this Bears team is playing out so far this year. They are full on getting better and better on both offense and defense.

This week is their first real test, if they best Minny then they are worth paying attention to. All six of their wins are against teams with losing records, which is nice to handle bad teams on your schedule, but you have to win this week or who cares. I wish you luck artist formerly known as Seafoam.

This week is their first real test, if they best Minny then they are worth paying attention to. All six of their wins are against teams with losing records, which is nice to handle bad teams on your schedule, but you have to win this week or who cares. I wish you luck artist formerly known as Seafoam.

Not sure why you keep calling me that but that's cool. I don't think the Bears are championship quality at this point. Jeez, did you see their kicker this week? 4 hit uprights. 2 FGs, and 2 extra points. I think the FGs were under 45 yards. 8 points left off the board. And then they resorted back to 2 point conversion tries.

Vegas puts the Bears as a 3 point favorite. You going Minni +3?

I keep calling you that because you are obviously the same person. Better you just cut your losses than drag out this transparent charade. I don't know how I'd bet but I'd lean Minny at the moment

I keep calling you that because you are obviously the same person. Better you just cut your losses than drag out this transparent charade. I don't know how I'd bet but I'd lean Minny at the moment

Sure Ok. A little weird but I've been called worse. I think... :wacko:

Seafood and Seafool come to mind...

Nice. Name call all you like. Sounds like a poor way debate though. Whatever makes you feel good. :)

Nice. Name call all you like. Sounds like a poor way debate though. Whatever makes you feel good. :)

If you're not Seafoam as you are laughably claiming, how would it then be name-calling?

I didn't expect someone with your character to for once do the right thing, but such is life. Let's see your boy mitchy beat a team with a winning record before getting excited

I think the Bears are good and getting better. You can say they blew it all you want. Doesn't make you right.

I'm loving how this Bears team is playing out so far this year. They are full on getting better and better on both offense and defense.

Agree it doesn’t make me right.

But can you show me how and where Robinson has been a wr1 based on his whole season of work, doesn’t make you right either.

No one is questioning that the Bears are getting better, but i am saying Robinson isn’t a wr that looks the part as a wr1 as we talked about during the off season. Lots of credit goes to that coaching staf.

Thanks

Agree it doesnt make me right.

But can you show me how and where Robinson has been a wr1 based on his whole season of work, doesnt make you right either.

No one is questioning that the Bears are getting better, but i am saying Robinson isnt a wr that looks the part as a wr1 as we talked about during the off season. Lots of credit goes to that coaching staf.

Thanks

I don't recall calling him a #1 actually. The Bears spread the ball around a lot. Plus Robinson was out for a year. I don't think things just work out out perfectly right away as if he was never injured and missed a lot of games.

There is the Seafoam We know and don't like but put up with because your sort of like that kid in the neighborhood that everyone makes fun of but still acknowledges that you're from the neighborhood. Kind of like Eric Cartman. Yeah that's it Seafoam is Cartman...

You are Seafoam calling yourself Sderk or whatever it is. You probably have other alias' you use. I am not fooled, don't want to speak for others but so far doesn't appear that anyone else is fooled either. Keep playing your game Cartman...

If you're not Seafoam as you are laughably claiming, how would it then be name-calling?

Not sure what to tell you dude. But your act is old.

There is the Seafoam We know and don't like but put up with because your sort of like that kid in the neighborhood that everyone makes fun of but still acknowledges that you're from the neighborhood. Kind of like Eric Cartman. Yeah that's it Seafoam is Cartman...

Just thought this was a site to talk FF and football in general. I guess you are convincing me that you were the problem.

I noticed you deleted some of your posts, you are pathetic Seafoam

I noticed you deleted some of your posts, you are pathetic Seafoam

Nah, just decided I didn't want to be petty like you. As that is your style it seems. Not mine.

Your style is to troll this site for a year, then suddenly change your handle and pretend that it isn't happening. To sum up Sophmoric, Juvenile, and Pathetic. Poor Seafoam...

I'm not sure what to make of Mitchell Trubisky. I was astute enough to pick him up...i've also been astute enough to leave him on my bench pretty much every week. Left 30 or so points on the bench for the difference between him and Fitzpick6. :wall:

I'm not sure what to make of Mitchell Trubisky. I was astute enough to pick him up...i've also been astute enough to leave him on my bench pretty much every week. Left 30 or so points on the bench for the difference between him and Fitzpick6. :wall:

He is getting better. I have watched the games and noone is saying he is the complete package yet, but on the road to becoming one. He truly is a gifted runner and an accurate passer who is smart not to take hits. Let's see how he does this week..

I have benched him every week I think. I have Goff so it's a tough call each week.

hes the 4th best qb in that division. Nagy and his terrific play calling makes him what he is. Average to middle/low end qb without him. Not even on the same stratasphere as mahomes.

Let's see what he does vs football teams. When the weather gets cold and he's forced to come back in the 4th in two minute offenses. Where trick plays won't work

I have him benched most weeks, we start 2, I'm starting Mahomes and Newton over him. I'll continue this route, except on byes, for the season. I'm ok with it... since it's a keeper league.

Robinson body of work based on the whole season in which makes a season has been awful based on what constitutes a wr1.

Five out of the seven games Robinson has played in hes as scored less then 9 points, hes no wr1 bears made a mistake.

I would look for the Bears to make a move for another wr thats going to produce like a wr1 during the offseason, of not they will have blown it once again next season.

Have a fantastic night its time to go.

Hes coming off a blown acl so it'll take time to get back to where he was. They may not need a true #1 on this team if Miller keeps progressing.

hes the 4th best qb in that division. Nagy and his terrific play calling makes him what he is. Average to middle/low end qb without him. Not even on the same stratasphere as mahomes.

Let's see what he does vs football teams. When the weather gets cold and he's forced to come back in the 4th in two minute offenses. Where trick plays won't work

He's better at this point than Stafford. Of course the coaching helps. He's young and was coached by the worst staff in football last season. Most good QBs are partially as good as they are because of a system and coaching. Why was Goff subpar until McVay got there? Andy Reed turned Alex Smith into a Pro Bowl QB, and look what hes doing with Mahomes. Brees was an above average QB until he got to work with Payton. Brady isn't just great because of talent, Belichick has a ton to do with that.

He's better at this point than Stafford. Of course the coaching helps. He's young and was coached by the worst staff in football last season. Most good QBs are partially as good as they are because of a system and coaching. Why was Goff subpar until McVay got there? Andy Reed turned Alex Smith into a Pro Bowl QB, and look what hes doing with Mahomes. Brees was an above average QB until he got to work with Payton. Brady isn't just great because of talent, Belichick has a ton to do with that.

Last year Carson Wentz after 9 games was being mentioned for being in contention for MVP of the league just past the halfway point of the season. I remember all that talk on NFL radio and other sports stations. He was my FF QB.

Wentz for those first 9 games of the season:

2262 yards passing on 291 attempts -- 23 Total TDs -- 5 INTs

Trubisky after 9 games this year:

2304 yards passing on 290 attempts -- 22 Total TDs (19 passing - 3 with him running it in) -- 7INTs

So Wentz was being praised for being so great, and Trubisky is still being called a bum by many. Wentz was on a much better overall team starting out that year than the Bears were at the start of this year. The Bears, with the acquisition of Mack, and the growth of some of their younger players (Miller on offense and Smith on Def) are starting to show some signs of improvement.

A big drawback for the Bears so far this year has been their running game. Jordan Howard has been 'no bueno'.. Oh, and a kicker that doinked the right upright 4 times last week. 2 extra point misses, and 2 under 45 yards FG attempts.

This sounds like it comes from someone who is jealous about their teams QB. When Trubs status is that of an inarguable stud, comments like these will be so laughable. I remember when everyone was saying similar things about Goff.

The qb has to make the throw in the end. Its amusing that people cant grasp that portion of QB play. And if you arent impressed by Trubiskys throws, well it just shows that you arent actually watching him play.

• Like 1

This sounds like it comes from someone who is jealous about their teams QB. When Trubs status is that of an inarguable stud, comments like these will be so laughable. I remember when everyone was saying similar things about Goff.

The qb has to make the throw in the end. Its amusing that people cant grasp that portion of QB play. And if you arent impressed by Trubiskys throws, well it just shows that you arent actually watching him play.

It's funny the reactions to Trubisky. It's not like Bears fans are coming out and stating he is the next coming of Montana or Brady. Nobody knows that yet. There is just optimism there that he could be pretty F'n good. I don't understand the reaction from those outside Chicago.

Heck, even in fantasy football he has been better than Rodgers, Stafford, and Cousins so far this year. I see some weird reactions to this thread having read through it.

He works in this offense, it's as simple as that. As long as he stays healthy, his legs give you a good floor, and the Bears' "running game" consists of him throwing quick hits or shovel passes... he is a virtual lock for 350 total yards and 2 TDs each week with the potential to blow up... I see shades of early steve young with his talents and how the Bears use him. He could have a productive career IF he starts showing up against good Ds and that coaching staff stays together.

Carson Wentz after 9 games was being mentioned for being in contention for MVP of the league just past the halfway point of the season. I remember all that talk on NFL radio and other sports stations. He was my FF QB.

Wentz for those first 9 games of the season:

2262 yards passing on 291 attempts -- 23 Total TDs -- 5 INTs

Trubisky after 9 games:

2304 yards passing on 290 attempts -- 22 Total TDs (19 passing - 3 with him running it in) -- 7INTs

So Wentz was being praised for being so great, and Trubisky is still being called a bum by many. Wentz was on a much better overall team starting out that year than the Bears were at the start of this year. The Bears, with the acquisition of Mack, and the growth of some of their younger players (Miller on offense and Smith on Def) are starting to show some signs of improvement.

A big drawback for the Bears so far this year has been their running game. Jordan Howard has been 'no bueno'.. Oh, and a kicker that doinked the right upright 4 times last week. 2 extra point misses, and 2 under 45 yards FG attempts.

This is good info, but important to note how much offense is UP this year. That being said, his playoff schedule isn't bad.

:unsure: - Mitch Questionable with right shoulder. Need this guy to fill in for Mahomes this week. Any insider info is appreciated.