Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Mitchell Trubisky

:unsure: - Mitch Questionable with right shoulder. Need this guy to fill in for Mahomes this week. Any insider info is appreciated.

I need him to step up for Goff. Well I think I locked up a bye unless something freakish happens. I don't even have the QB on my roster to step in for Mahomes yet

Vegas line actually moved from -3.5 yesterday to -4. Guess they aren't getting any indication that Trubisky won't play. My guess would be that the line would be closer to a pick em if Daniels had to play.

Listening to a Chicago station and they are speculating that Mitch won't play based on Nagy's presser today. Yikes. Keep an eye open on this if you plan on playing him.

Even though I locked up a bye pretty much, it's a horrible week for me. Goff, Gurley, Woods, Cooks, Hill, KC def all on bye. Then my backup Trubisky may not play and my starter OJ Howard is on IR. Ouch

The one week I need Mitch he's going to be a turd. Thought this could be gold against the Lions. If he doesn't play he's dead to me.

ETA - Doubtful. SCREW YOU MITCH

Yup Mitchy now listed doubtful, just hope this doesn't affect the defense

The one week I need Mitch he's going to be a turd. Thought this could be gold against the Lions. If he doesn't play he's dead to me.

ETA - Doubtful. SCREW YOU MITCH

Blame the short week on this one. They played on Sunday night and are the 11:30 am game on Thursday? Bad planning.

This sounds like it comes from someone who is jealous about their teams QB. When Trubs status is that of an inarguable stud, comments like these will be so laughable. I remember when everyone was saying similar things about Goff.

The qb has to make the throw in the end. Its amusing that people cant grasp that portion of QB play. And if you arent impressed by Trubiskys throws, well it just shows that you arent actually watching him play.

I'm a packer fan so throw out the jealousy angle. Sure, one day trubisky could become a Number 1, but at the moment he's nothing more than an experiment. Without Nagy he'd be in the same class as Darnold. Look at last weeks win vs Minnesota ...165 yards passing and two picks on 20/31 passing. Still wins! .....Nagy's play calling has been masterful. The Schemes, motions, jumbo packages are like no one else...maybe better than Reid and Mcvay. If you don't see that, sorry, only god can help you.

One more thing,

Between Payton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady they've probably combined for 2-3 6 TD games in their entire career. Trubisky throws 5 in one half? That's almost laughable. Bottom line is that we're in the steroid era of football. In this case the steroid is head coaches. Be thankful that you have Nagy, could be a lot worse, watching mccRthy and his dinasour aged play calling is painful.

Look at last weeks win vs Minnesota ...165 yards passing and two picks on 20/31 passing. Still wins! .....Nagy's play calling has been masterful. The Schemes, motions, jumbo packages are like no one else...maybe better than Reid and Mcvay. If you don't see that, sorry, only god can help you.

Minnesota has a good defense. Week 7, Drew Brees throws for 120 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT and the Saints win by 10.

Is that the same Vikings def that gave up 196 yards and a 68% cmp to J Allen.

In a home lost to a 16 point underdog.

Mmmm

Is that the same Vikings def that gave up 196 yards and a 68% cmp to J Allen.

In a home lost to a 16 point underdog.

Mmmm

Wow. They gave up almost 200 yards passing in this current day NFL? That's freaking crazy they gave up that much.

And their defense is #3 best in fantasy, and #5 overall best in the NFL? Wow, they are so bad. Crazy. :doh:

And didn’t they lose that game vs the Saints, yes they did, oh the shame.

Plus they have had some luxury, they have faced first year starters Allen, and Rosen and Darnold this season, Rosen and Darnold in back to back weeks, they would help those stats playing those qbs.

It is interesting that both Allen and Rosen did have their best cmp % games vs those purple people eaters.

Now they get to face Rodgers, Brady, and Wilson, ohhhhh. That top five ranking might be ahh changing.

Hey have a happy thanksgiving.

And didnt they lose that game vs the Saints, yes they did, oh the shame.

Plus they have had some luxury, they have faced first year starters Allen, and Rosen and Darnold this season, Rosen and Darnold in back to back weeks, they would help those stats playing those qbs.

It is interesting that both Allen and Rosen did have their best cmp % games vs those purple people eaters.

Now they get to face Rodgers, Brady, and Wilson, ohhhhh. That top five ranking might be ahh changing.

Hey have a happy thanksgiving.

So you blame their offense on their defense. And completion % is your argument? Crazy.

So Brees sucks according to you?

I don’t see where in any of those post I mentioned Brees.

Can you show me where I did, and if I didn’t that would make you a liar.

How can you not understand what’s going on in ff, you really don’t understand the game of ff nor football.

Why do you participate on this board?

Who do you think you are, and more importantly where are you going?

Happy Thanksgiving.

I dont see where in any of those post I mentioned Brees.

Can you show me where I did, and if I didnt that would make you a liar.

How can you not understand whats going on in ff, you really dont understand the game of ff nor football.

Why do you participate on this board?

Who do you think you are, and more importantly where are you going?

Happy Thanksgiving.

Canadianfan brought up Trubisky's game against Minni and I compared it to Brees' game against Minni. And then you jumped in for some reason.

He has been hovering around 50% completion pct in his last two games... I like his development, but I'd like to see him perform well against a good team. I also like his wheels, but I worry about his health... no need to go all Jimmy G on us.

Shame to see him miss this week, hopefully a learning experience on when to get down, and when to go John Elway hero mode.

Canadianfan brought up Trubisky's game against Minni and I compared it to Brees' game against Minni. And then you jumped in for some reason.

So you lied once again huh, good going bozo.

Lol.

18 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Trubisky is a bum

He has not been playing well at all. He isn't Darnold bad, but he has been bad. The problem is with the entire offense though, and the largest issue, the coach. Matt Nagy is the absolute suck. He is a bad offensive play caller. Too many people gave him way more credit than he deserved for getting play calling duties taken away by Andy Reid. 

The line sucks. The running backs aren't doing much. So no run game, bad line, worst tight ends in the league, the worst game planning in the NFL, makes it hard for a qb to succeed. 

18 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

He has not been playing well at all. He isn't Darnold bad, but he has been bad. The problem is with the entire offense though, and the largest issue, the coach. Matt Nagy is the absolute suck. He is a bad offensive play caller. Too many people gave him way more credit than he deserved for getting play calling duties taken away by Andy Reid. 

The line sucks. The running backs aren't doing much. So no run game, bad line, worst tight ends in the league, the worst game planning in the NFL, makes it hard for a qb to succeed. 

Who is the Bears GM, and why doesn't he deserve a large heaping of blame soup? He was the one who hired Nagy and even more egregious, traded up for mitchy, when he could have stood pat and selected two far superior Quarterbacks…

38 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Darnold will have a better career.  

Trubisky has so many problems and is basically a place holder at QB.  Id rather have a guy that can move the ball but tbrows picks rather than a guy that dinks and dunks for 150 yards and is zero threat.

Trubs cant read a defense. He locks into 1 guy.  He is inaccurate.  He doesnt seem to have any leadership qualities that QBs need.  

When fans are asking for Chase Danials you know he is bad.  Danials would give that team a mich better shot at winning games.

Total bust.  Meanwhile mahomes and watson looking real good.  

What does Darnold have to even do with the lack of success that Bears fans are enjoying from the Trubisky. 

He stinks. 

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

What does Darnold have to even do with the lack of success that Bears fans are enjoying from the Trubisky. 

He stinks. 

Valid point, although Darnold actually has a better Total QBR than Mitchy, even though both numbers are terrible. Darnold has just ever so slightly sucked less than poor little Mitchy...

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Who is the Bears GM, and why doesn't he deserve a large heaping of blame soup? He was the one who hired Nagy and even more egregious, traded up for mitchy, when he could have stood pat and selected two far superior Quarterbacks…

Ryan Pace deserves a ton of blame too. He has wiffed on picks left and right. Then he trades up for guys who are overrated and don't contribute. He has found a few pieces that were underrated in the draft, but he hasn't found any super stars. Then he paid this entire offensive line because he thought he had it solved. It's one of the worst units in the league. The entire team, top to bottom has regressed under the human shlt bag known as Matt Nagy

Nagy may suck but that wasnt the tune beara fans sung when they got him.

Nagy may suck but Trubiskys inaccuracy and lack of running through progressions has little to do with the coach.

It is quite obvious that in year 3 Trubisky has gotten no better and lacks a general feel of playing QB in the NFL.  They treat him like hes a 5th round rookie with the gimmicky offense.  Because they know what they have.  

Perhaps Nagy could open the playbook up if he had a serviceable QB.  It is a small sample but Chase has better numbers across the board in his time playing.

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Nagy may suck but that wasnt the tune beara fans sung when they got him.

Nagy may suck but Trubiskys inaccuracy and lack of running through progressions has little to do with the coach.

It is quite obvious that in year 3 Trubisky has gotten no better and lacks a general feel of playing QB in the NFL.  They treat him like hes a 5th round rookie with the gimmicky offense.  Because they know what they have.  

Perhaps Nagy could open the playbook up if he had a serviceable QB.  It is a small sample but Chase has better numbers across the board in his time playing.

Yes, Bears fans and most pundits didn't see the issues. I wasn't thrilled with the hire. I saw the potential for disaster with his issues in KC. I thought it was entirely possible he wasn't a good coach or play caller. I could see the issues last year, especially in the playoffs. His entire team regressed. That's not on the coach? I do hear some meatballs blaming everything that's wrong with the team on Mitch. It's comical to hear experts be so clueless

10 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yes, Bears fans and most pundits didn't see the issues. I wasn't thrilled with the hire. I saw the potential for disaster with his issues in KC. I thought it was entirely possible he wasn't a good coach or play caller. I could see the issues last year, especially in the playoffs. His entire team regressed. That's not on the coach? I do hear some meatballs blaming everything that's wrong with the team on Mitch. It's comical to hear experts be so clueless

So what is your take on Mitch? What level of optimism are you at? Do you think he will be a decent QB in this league?

Kitchens OCs Baker to a real good rookie season.  Baker basicaly gets him hired.  1 year later he now is the whole problem.

Nagy comes in most are excited for him.  They win 12 games last year.  Now this year it is all his fault.

Im not saying it is ll Trubs fault.  But the eye test says he is garbage.  He doesnt look like a starting NFL QB. Chase Danials looks more dynamic.  

Trubisky I bet is a good organization guy. 

21 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

He got credit for having play calling duties taken away? 

I never really see the guy play, but I caught some of the game the other day. He looked bad, but, at least for that game, it appeared before he could finish his backdrop the line was collapsing on him just about every play. Tough to evaluate a player behind an oline that bad. And whoever was calling the plays, wow, just strange. 

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This reminds me... wasn't there a thread about who was going to have a better record, the Giants or Bears?

No. Just a side bet. Didn't the Giants beat the Bucs? 

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. Just a side bet. Didn't the Giants beat the Bucs? 

Oh, ok.  I remember seeing something, thinking that bet could go either way.  Trubisky blows, so I thought the Giants side had a real shot at winning.

Yeah... the Bucs suck.  Don't know what the issue is there.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, ok.  I remember seeing something, thinking that bet could go either way.  Trubisky blows, so I thought the Giants side had a real shot at winning.

Yeah... the Bucs suck.  Don't know what the issue is there.

Winston is the issue there. He puts up big numbers but unfortunately for the bucs, a lot of those big numbers are turnovers. 16 TDs, 16 turnovers.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Winston is the issue there. He puts up big numbers but unfortunately for the bucs, a lot of those big numbers are turnovers. 16 TDs, 16 turnovers.

His is AN issue, he isn't THE issue.  The OLine is totally garbage and the secondary is worse... both are bigger issues than Winston.  If I had to pick 1 person who is THE problem, it's the GM Jason Licht.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He got credit for having play calling duties taken away? 

It was sarcasm. He was automatically assumed to be this offensive master mind even though Reid had to take the play calling away

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I never really see the guy play, but I caught some of the game the other day. He looked bad, but, at least for that game, it appeared before he could finish his backdrop the line was collapsing on him just about every play. Tough to evaluate a player behind an oline that bad. And whoever was calling the plays, wow, just strange. 

Tough one to call, but every season their does seem to be bad olines. 

I think the Qb can help make the online better, buy being able to read the def and to make quick decisions.  

I don’t think he has that ability.  

And you can tell that Bears fans even notice, they our now making comparison to Darnold  

Hes simply avg.