Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

I signed up to do Ironman 70.3 in traverse City next year

Thanks for the write up.

I was just pulling 12 hours out of my ass, no idea what is considered elite, average (not that there is anything average about 140 miles :lol: ), etc.

I know with running, for beginners, 4 hrs is the target for a marathon and 2 hrs is the target for the half. What is the IM equivalent for 140 and 70?

Just finish

16 - below average

14 - average

12 - above average

10 - elite

8 - pro

• Like 1

Through Christ all things are possible.

The dumb missionary that got shot to death with arrows in his ass begs to differ.

The dumb missionary that got shot to death with arrows in his ass begs to differ.

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.
A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”
The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”
As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”
The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”
The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.
A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”
Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.
When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”
And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

I started training for this d@mn race. Swim a mile in the pool today during lunch break.

anyone that has a 26.2 or 13.1 bumper sticker, is a ginormous cuntrag

You ever heard of the UltraMan?

I think it is a double Ironman.

Some chicks on a podcast I was listening to recently were talking about it.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, fandandy said:

I rode a bike once to a pool when I was a kid but I don't think I ran. So, no.

:first:

1 hour ago, edjr said:

anyone that has a 26.2 or 13.1 bumper sticker, is a ginormous cuntrag

Agreed, that's why I have a 140.6 70.3 magnet on my truck

46 minutes ago, SenatorRock said:

You ever heard of the UltraMan?

I think it is a double Ironman.

Some chicks on a podcast I was listening to recently were talking about it.

Yes a friend of mine did a triple anvil. that's 3 Ironmans in 72 hours I think? Focking stupid crazy

56 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Agreed, that's why I have a 140.6 70.3 magnet on my truck

how do you suck .3 of a cack?

I did an ironman about 6 years ago.  4 day Florida golf trip, followed by a 5 day conference (played 4 rounds of golf) in Wichita, followed day 4 days in Vegas.    

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I did an ironman about 6 years ago.  4 day Florida golf trip, followed by a 5 day conference (played 4 rounds of golf) in Wichita, followed day 4 days in Vegas.    

:thrash:

31 minutes ago, edjr said:

how do you suck .3 of a cack?

I found someone twice as hung as you.

Truth be told I have not trained as much as I should. I'll be ready for the race but it's not going to a good time.

Swimming - This will be easy for me.  I've always been a good swimmer (captain of my HS swim team). I'm swimming Tuesdays and Thursday during my lunch break.

Biking - I can cycle pretty well too. Right now I've put in zero saddle time and that needs to change

Running - My worst event. I hate running and I suck wind. I need to start upping my mileage

17 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Truth be told I have not trained as much as I should. I'll be ready for the race but it's not going to a good time.

Swimming - This will be easy for me.  I've always been a good swimmer (captain of my HS swim team). I'm swimming Tuesdays and Thursday during my lunch break.

Biking - I can cycle pretty well too. Right now I've put in zero saddle time and that needs to change

Running - My worst event. I hate running and I suck wind. I need to start upping my mileage

Look at the bright side---if you go slow, you get to spend more time in the Traverse city area.   :thumbsup:

55 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Look at the bright side---if you go slow, you get to spend more time in the Traverse city area.   :thumbsup:

I get my money out of races that's for sure. 

On 6/19/2019 at 1:38 PM, Cdub100 said:

I'm a month out and I'm almost ready. I can finish the race right now so these next few weeks will be working on getting my time lower.

Swimming - Training has been going great I swim 1.5 miles every tuesday and thursday. Last couple weeks I've been adding in speed work. My goal is to finish the swim in 40 minutes

Biking - I've put in multible 20 mile mountian bike rides and 1 40 mile road bike ride. I'll do a few more 40s and one 60 mile before the race.

Running - My longest run has been 6 miles. I need to do a 6-8 mile run this weekend. continue speed work during the weekdays.

42 minutes ago, posty said:

Congrats, but in all seriousness, why?

I've been doing triathlons for 10+ years.

I started running about 15 years ago to get ready for a boxing match. A couple years later and a bunch of 5ks and half marathons I started mountain biking. While sitting on my azz one winter day I watched the Ironman championship and thought sh1t I am already running and biking. I was captain of the swim team in high school so I know I can swim I should try this out.

I signed up for a sprint triathlon and no showed. The next year I signed up for an xtri which took place where I MTN bike so I did show up for that. Got my ass kicked and had fun. 

I've done some cool sh1t, like swimming from Alcatraz and a 140.6 full ironman.

17 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I've been doing triathlons for 10+ years.

I started running about 15 years ago to get ready for a boxing match. A couple years later and a bunch of 5ks and half marathons I started mountain biking. While sitting on my azz one winter day I watched the Ironman championship and thought sh1t I am already running and biking. I was captain of the swim team in high school so I know I can swim I should try this out.

I signed up for a sprint triathlon and no showed. The next year I signed up for an xtri which took place where I MTN bike so I did show up for that. Got my ass kicked and had fun. 

I've done some cool sh1t, like swimming from Alcatraz and a 140.6 full ironman.

Pretty cool stuff...  Thanks for the information, I was wondering how (and why) people got started in these things...