Sign in to follow this  
edjr

What does $21,118,782 get you? Chris Davis

Chris Davis finishes with a -3.2 WAR and a .168 batting average.
That's the lowest BA among qualifying players in Major League baseball history.
Worst BA among qualifiers in baseball history. Was .179 done by Dan Uggla (2013) and Rob Deer (1991).
Davis would finish with .168 in 522 plate appearances (502 is qualifying). Davis’ slash: .168/.243/.296
192 whiffs

:o

He needs to up the meds.

The O's were in a no win situation with Davis. Angelos is the worst owner in baseball, the fans were going to revolt if they didn't sign him. But everyone knows he's a stiff. So he got paid.

The best part is, we have him locked up for the next four years. :banana:

• Like 1

Chris Davis rules!

:lol:

Yeah he is really having some issues...  I mean he is an all or nothing guy, still can't believe he got the contract that he did...  Got to love contract years...

Baseball sucks...its either homeruns or strike outs.  Everyone swinging for the fences...no more of the days where guys could smack singles all over the field.  True hitters.

9 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Baseball sucks...its either homeruns or strike outs.  Everyone swinging for the fences...no more of the days where guys could smack singles all over the field.  True hitters.

People railed on Wade Boggs around here for years for being a slap hitter and only trying for average and not being a team player and trying to knock in runs and hit for power.

0 for 49, not bad. I could maybe even get a hit in 49 at bats (I couldn’t) but still.

So, what's the recourse at this point?  Keep sending him out there in hopes that he is so embarrassed that he works out some sort of buyout?

Cashing checks in fun but, being humiliated every time you get in the box probably isn't a good time either.  100 million would help ease the blow for sure.

:dunno: 

4 hours ago, Reality said:

So, what's the recourse at this point?  Keep sending him out there in hopes that he is so embarrassed that he works out some sort of buyout?

Cashing checks in fun but, being humiliated every time you get in the box probably isn't a good time either.  100 million would help ease the blow for sure.

:dunno: 

I wish Pedroia would go away too. 

As an Orioles fan, I root for him to strikeout. Teams not doing anything this year, he’s blocking a player that could contribute offensively and it’s fun to track this record breaking performance he’s putting on. 

On the other hand, I’ve met Chris Davis and he couldn’t have been any nicer. 

Davis in his first AB today hit a solid rocket to centerfield, but it was caught...

He seems to be hitting the ball better...

The long national nightmare is over.  3 for 5 with 2 doubles and 4 RBI.  :banana: