Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Venom movie...

Gotta say... I loved this movie. I watch all these comic book movies and for the most part... meh.

This one was a little darker... good humor without being overtly campy...

Thumbs up....

Gotta say... I loved this movie. I watch all these comic book movies and for the most part... meh.

This one was a little darker... good humor without being overtly campy...

Thumbs up....

going to see it next week so no spoilers but how did it rank vs DP/DP2?

going to see it next week so no spoilers but how did it rank vs DP/DP2?

It doesn't have the "shock" factor DP relies on so much. I liked it better than DP2.

Ill check it out. I want to see the moon landing movie. I always loved the right stuff.

I cant believe they didnt put the flag planting on the movie because its too political.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/first-man-director-defends-decision-to-not-show-planting-of-us-flag-on-the-moon

If his rational isnt the biggest pile of horseshit I have ever heard.

I may not watch it because of that. Grrrrrrrrr

Havent seen it yet but I didnt get my hopes up. Seems like itll be a great watch :thumbsup:

Looks terrible, but I like Tom Hardy.

Agree and agree. My favorite actor since seeing The Drop.

Looks awful, but I love venom

I think I watched Band of Brothers 10 times before I realized Tom Hardy is in it.

Fock all comic book movies. Enough already. It was ghey to begin with and now it is becoming retarded.

I want to see them start making more movies like the original Alien, like the thing, like the terminator, like basic instinct, like silence of the lambs, like seven, etc.

Basically I am sick of the over corporatization of hollywood and the perpetualization of crappy pg 13 bullsh!t.

Looks awful, but I love venom

I thought he was a cool character when I was younger but I bought my son a Venom comic and it was ghey as hell. Eddie Brock has a mullet and walks around San Francisco wearing a midriff bearing cutoff t shirt calling himself We the whole time. We this, we that etc. It was dumb AF. I smoked a lot of pot in the 80s and 90s.

• Sad 1

Ill check it out. I want to see the moon landing movie. I always loved the right stuff.

I cant believe they didnt put the flag planting on the movie because its too political.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/first-man-director-defends-decision-to-not-show-planting-of-us-flag-on-the-moon

If his rational isnt the biggest pile of horseshit I have ever heard.

I may not watch it because of that. Grrrrrrrrr

Moon landing:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=479612

I thought he was a cool character when I was younger but I bought my son a Venom comic and it was ghey as hell. Eddie Brock has a mullet and walks around San Francisco wearing a midriff bearing cutoff t shirt calling himself We the whole time. We this, we that etc. It was dumb AF. I smoked a lot of pot in the 80s and 90s.

Agent venom series is pretty good.

I’ll watch it but I know it is t good and it’s getting shredded in reviews. Seems like turn your brain off fun though so I’m not expecting Howard’s end here.

I have not watched a comic book movie since Spiderman. I will definitely check this out.

Can't imagine seeing Venom without Topher Grace. :thumbsdown:

God that was bad.

I haven't seen the movie but I caught the end credit scene. Woody Harrison as caranage? He looked stupid.

As a comic book junkie...how do you have venom without spiderman???

I am waiting for dvd release

I know it wont be great, but at the very least they absolutely nailed Venoms look. Better than anyone thought they would, especially front sony and not marvel studios. People have talked about venom in film for years but always agreed he would look like crap at any try. Hes just an odd character to get right outside of animation but they got it right.

Just got done watching Venom 2. Pretty good. Enjoyed it. The ending credit (if you have already been spoiled by it) has a lot of promise for future movies 

• Haha 2

Haven't seen it yet, Have seen Shang Chi and  the  new Bond Movie  Both are excellent!!  Will see venom this week.

Do you need to have watched the first Venom movie in order to enjoy the 2nd?

10 minutes ago, DonS said:

Do you need to have watched the first Venom movie in order to enjoy the 2nd?

Yeah I would.... Because the second one was cartoons....had a boring generic arch and Woddy Harlson was cast way to old for the movie.

Campy and sucky.... Terrible sequel.

Watch the 1st one and skip the second.

19 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Yeah I would.... Because the second one was cartoons....had a boring generic arch and Woddy Harlson was cast way to old for the movie.

Campy and sucky.... Terrible sequel.

Watch the 1st one and skip the second.

The first one was F@CKING awful.  Haven't seen the 2nd one but by all accounts its better than the first.

I'm going to wait for it to hit HBO Max, though.