Sign in to follow this  
Canadianfan

Last chance to grab Aaron jones.

Once again, only thing holding him back from being next years first rounder is the coach. 

His inability to stay healthy and on the field is his first problem. 

that, and the frozen tundra.

7 hours ago, taco breath said:

that, and the frozen tundra.

Please keep your moms crotch out of this disussion. tia

On 7/24/2019 at 1:57 AM, weepaws said:

His inability to stay healthy and on the field is his first problem. 

Quite possibly true.

and there are plenty of players whose promising careers have been derailed by injury.

this is one where if you are going to draft him above his ADP, you better do your research.

The first thing I'd look into is his history of injury.

there is a link to an interesting website I've used the last year or two.   Most times they have a larger body of work to make a prediction, but in this case They project he will miss 2 games this next year.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/aaron-jones/9550

for the record, he has 3 MCL sprains on his right Knee over the last 2 years.

the repeat injuries are concerning.  It would not surprise me if he is at greater risk of an MCL tear in future years because of it.

Been saying since day 1 Aaron Jones is a bum. Stay away from that scrub.

If and big IF Aaron Jones plays 16 games, which I myself being a fan don't think will  happen...... Aaron Jones will be  a top 5 RB this year.   

I got him don't cheap so seriously considering keeping as 1 of 2 keeps, low risk, high reward for me.

3 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

If and big IF Aaron Jones plays 16 games, which I myself being a fan don't think will  happen...... Aaron Jones will be  a top 5 RB this year.   

The same can probably be said for most of the RB's in that tier- Marlon Mack, D Freeman, K. Johnson, D Henry etc. If any of them play all 16 they could be top 5. Most of them won't...

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

The NFL all time highest yards per carry RB.

Can't wait to see his bust in the HOF.

I like him and have put him in the tier with mack and fournette.  A guy I would love as my #2rb, but not want to rely upon as a #1.

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

I like him and have put him in the tier with mack and fournette.  A guy I would love as my #2rb, but not want to rely upon as a #1.

Poor Fournette. All I know is whoever is playing Lenny at RB2 or even maybe flex is going to be putting up serious RB points against people to start the season. He’s a workhorse 1st round RB being devalued for assumed injury. Gonna suck going up against him while he’s healthy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Poor Fournette. All I know is whoever is playing Lenny at RB2 or even maybe flex is going to be putting up serious RB points against people to start the season. He’s a workhorse 1st round RB being devalued for assumed injury. Gonna suck going up against him while he’s healthy.

agree... see him having a nice bounce back season with defenses having to respect foles more than bortles

On 8/4/2019 at 12:18 PM, BTL99 said:

Been saying since day 1 Aaron Jones is a bum. Stay away from that scrub.

On 8/7/2019 at 2:27 PM, Bier Meister said:

agree... see him having a nice bounce back season with defenses having to respect foles more than bortles

Um...

Good for him for what he is doing with minshew. And good for minshew.

On 10/6/2019 at 8:40 PM, Canadianfan said:

You see that last game lmfaooooooo.

Put Aaron Jones in the hall of fame hahahahaha

PUT HIM IN THE HALL OF FAME LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Best RB in the NFL right now easily. 

Aaron Jones > CMC and Barkley x 100

18 hours ago, BTL99 said:

***crickets***

He's exactly who I thought he'd be. A low end RB1.   I can't ask for anything more from my 3rd round pick.  Better numbers than Kamara and Elliott and the 6Th ranked RB so far.

not complaining here 

On 11/12/2018 at 2:00 AM, weepaws said:

He was only drafted in one of my four leagues.

And then he was dropped after week one.

I landed him on two of my four teams.

This game was his game that will pole volt him going forward.

He has been pole vaulted into an RBBC. Haha. Another missed shot in the dark by you.

53 minutes ago, sderk said:

He has been pole vaulted into an RBBC. Haha. Another missed shot in the dark by you.

He's been in a RBBC since day 1. No one is disputing this.   Despite the RRBC, Aaron Jones had continued to put up VERY good numbers based on ADP.  

This is not my personal opinion........ I'm stating FACT.

On 8/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, tanatastic said:

The NFL all time highest yards per carry RB.

No, that would be  Singletary,  Bills runing back. His average is above 10 ypc-when he isn't hurt of course, just like Jones. Plus the Packer's best RB is Williams, he can break tackles, make people miss.

27 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

He's been in a RBBC since day 1. No one is disputing this.   Despite the RRBC, Aaron Jones had continued to put up VERY good numbers based on ADP.  

In the 4 games that both Jones and Williams have played (where Williams has gotten at least 1 carry), Jones is averaging 12 .5ppr points. He was drafted as a high end RB2 in most leagues as he was in my main league (RB 14). If a 12 point average is "VERY good numbers", then you have very different standards than I do, and most people I interact with who play fantasy. Jones is a highly valued low-end RB1 when Jamaal isn't out there. With him, just another meh RB 2 like D. freeman, or T. Coleman...

40 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

9 points in a PPR is VERY good?

4 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

He's exactly who I thought he'd be. A low end RB1.   I can't ask for anything more from my 3rd round pick.  Better numbers than Kamara and Elliott and the 6Th ranked RB so far.

not complaining here 

Did you really just say he is a low end rb1??????????????????????????????????????? C'mon man stop. You know better than that.

5 hours ago, BTL99 said:

Did you really just say he is a low end rb1??????????????????????????????????????? C'mon man stop. You know better than that.

that's what the stats say

surprised to see he leads all backs in rushing td's with 8, and we saw the one he dropped.  He has 163 yards receiving and 350 rushing with 8 td's.  That's better than a low end #1 fantasy back.   Stats say so far he's been the #5 RB in ppr leagues with an off night and underusage the first games.  

2 minutes ago, remote controller said:

surprised to see he leads all backs in rushing td's with 8, and we saw the one he dropped.  He has 163 yards receiving and 350 rushing with 8 td's.  That's better than a low end #1 fantasy back.   Stats say so far he's been the #5 RB in ppr leagues with an off night and underusage the first games.  

The stats say when Jamaal Williams is playing, Jones averages around 12 half-point ppr points a game. That is much worse than a low-end #1 RB, it is more like a low-end # 2 RB. Last time I checked J-Will is back and active this week...

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

The stats say when Jamaal Williams is playing, Jones...is more like a low-end # 2 RB...

This is the key for me right here.

Jones #4 standard, #5 ppr...that's with getting majority of carries 4 of 6 games  to get those respective rankings though.

With what looks to be a more balanced RBBC Pack backfield moving forward, as season progresses  Jones will likely settle in to more of a mid or so #2 RB

They played together in all but weeks 4 and 5 and I realize the 4 td game knock things out of whack.  I agree he's not the 5 th best back in fantasy land but I do feel he warrants putting on the field weekly because the Pack is running the ball a lot.  Week 2 with Jamal was another very good game.   He is option 1A for certain and I see Jamal as option 1b

What constitutes a RB1?  If he finishes the year ranked in the top 12, was he then a RB1 for the season? Top 10?  Right now he is ranked #4 in my non PPR league. If the top 10 or 12 don't necessarily translate as RB1's, then we must assume that a number of teams in every league are prohibited from having a RB1 simply because of their draft slot. Where is the cutoff for RB1s?

16 hours ago, jrokh said:

The stats say when Jamaal Williams is playing, Jones averages around 12 half-point ppr points a game. That is much worse than a low-end #1 RB, it is more like a low-end # 2 RB. Last time I checked J-Will is back and active this week...

too small of a sample size to compare his PPR to when Jamaal Williams is playing.   That average can change with one great game.  Example, if Jones catches that gift TD instead of dropping, that's roughly 10 ffpoint more.  increasing his average to about15 per game based on the 4 games that Williams has played

We also have to take into account the defenses that Green Bay has played.   Bears, Vikings, Broncos, Eagles, Cowboys, and Lions.  Not exactly a soft schedule and still he's 5th in PPR rankings.  There's something to be said about that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

too small of a sample size to compare his PPR to when Jamaal Williams is playing.   That average can change with one great game.  Example, if Jones catches that gift TD instead of dropping, that's roughly 10 ffpoint more.  increasing his average to about15 per game based on the 4 games that Williams has played

We also have to take into account the defenses that Green Bay has played.   Bears, Vikings, Broncos, Eagles, Cowboys, and Lions.  Not exactly a soft schedule and still he's 5th in PPR rankings.  There's something to be said about that.

The sample size is twice with J-will as without him (4-2). It is what it is. Jones is a star when Williams doesn't play, and a serviceable Rb2 when he does. "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's arse by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?"