Sign in to follow this  
Canadianfan

Last chance to grab Aaron jones.

Can’t rank Jones as a rb1 with J Williams healthy. 

22 hours ago, weepaws said:

Can’t rank Jones as a rb1 with J Williams healthy. 

are you sure?

I am. 

3 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

are you sure?

Yup, as has been said ad nauseum Jones Is a decent rb2 when Jwill plays as we saw today...

16 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Yup, as has been said ad nauseum Jones Is a decent rb2 when Jwill plays as we saw today...

18.3 fantasy points is a "decent RB2"...

...in a 4 team league.

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

18.3 fantasy points is a "decent RB2"...

...in a 4 team league.

In half Ppr, which splits the difference (nice cherry pick gnome), he had 16.3, which is a nice rb2 as I said. Whatta you got crap in your ears?

Non ppr league, rb2. 

23 minutes ago, jrokh said:

In half Ppr, which splits the difference (nice cherry pick gnome), he had 16.3, which is a nice rb2 as I said. Whatta you got crap in your ears?

In half-PPR scoring, 16.3 ppg would place him at RB9, so a "nice RB2"...

...in a 6 team league.

15 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Non ppr league, rb2. 

In non-PPR scoring, 14.3 ppg would place him at RB10, so a "nice RB2"...

...in an 8 team league.

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

...in a 6 team league.

Let's see what he finishes in half Ppr. Still quite a few RBs playing now and later. Fooling no one grifter...

On 10/18/2019 at 5:49 PM, NAn said:

This is the key for me right here.

Jones #4 standard, #5 ppr...that's with getting majority of carries 4 of 6 games  to get those respective rankings though.

With what looks to be a more balanced RBBC Pack backfield moving forward, as season progresses  Jones will likely settle in to more of a mid or so #2 RB

Another very goodday by Aaron.  Keep on marching!

35 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

In non-PPR scoring, 14.3 ppg would place him at RB10, so a "nice RB2"...

...in an 8 team league.

Yeap can diffently trust him as a rb2, so I would agree with you, but I think it’s in bigger leagues also, is that where he ranks now I your eight man leagues? 

52 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

...in a 6 team league.

well what do you know L. Murray has 17.8 in half ppr with over a quarter to go, more already than superstar rb2 A. Jones. By your Logic Murray is now a top 5 Rb in fantasy. You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found... wanting......

1 hour ago, Canadianfan said:

Another very goodday by Aaron.  Keep on marching!

Definitely,16touches/50rushyds/33recyds/1td

Solid #2 RB numbers.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Let's see what he finishes in half Ppr. Still quite a few RBs playing now and later. Fooling no one grifter...

Doesn't really matter who's playing now and later; I'm comparing his points today to the top 10 season averages for RBs.

They'd have to move the needle quite a bit to make any difference to Jones' ranking.

53 minutes ago, weepaws said:

is that where he ranks now I your eight man leagues? 

I don't have any 8 team leagues; that's where he ranks among all RBs in standard scoring.

54 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yeap can diffently trust him as a rb2, so I would agree with you, but I think it’s in bigger leagues also

In leagues of 10 teams or more he can be trusted as an RB1, but if you have the privilege of starting him as your RB2 behind one of the other top 9 RBs, even better.

42 minutes ago, jrokh said:

well what do you know L. Murray has 17.8 in half ppr with over a quarter to go, more already than superstar rb2 A. Jones. By your Logic Murray is now a top 5 Rb in fantasy. 

Murray is having a top 10 day, yes.  Jones is having a top 10 season.

43 minutes ago, jrokh said:

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found... wanting......

Axe Elf is enough for anyone at 6'1" and 320 lbs; don't be greedy.

36 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

In a two team league Aaron Jones in undraftable

I dunno, I'd still hold him for flex/bye week depth if it was PPR scoring.

3 hours ago, NAn said:

Definitely,16touches/50rushyds/33recyds/1td

Solid #2 RB numbers.

in this site, I've come to realize, that even if Aaron Jones were to finish as a top 5 RB,  he'd still be considered a "Solid #2 Rb".   I'm moving on.   

43 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

in this site, I've come to realize, that even if Aaron Jones were to finish as a top 5 RB,  he'd still be considered a "Solid #2 Rb".   I'm moving on.   

CF, kind of just giving you a hard time, but my own pt is he def has been performing as a top5 back, I just think over the rest of season, you'll see more of a RBBC and he'll still perform well, but well as in a RB2.  He did get majority of touches over Williams, but next game or game after that? Even this game Williams 'stole' 9pts or so from him with the TD and rec yds, keeping Jones from really big day.  We'll see.  But I hear ya and yes, moving on as well. Good luck moving forward!

Non ppr last two games, Williams as outscored Jones, the biggest game Jones had was week five, when Williams didn’t even play. 

To think in what is looking more and more like a true RBBC, and the coaches gaining more confidence with Williams that Jones well continue posting rb1 number isn’t good ff management, sorry if your a little bit pissed off. 

Im seeing more of a rb2 from Jones and rb3 from Williams. 

Oh and that’s in all size leagues, non ppr. 

Hey thanks. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Non ppr last two games, Williams as outscored Jones, the biggest game Jones had was week five, when Williams didn’t even play. 

To think in what is looking more and more like a true RBBC, and the coaches gaining more confidence with Williams that Jones well continue posting rb1 number isn’t good ff management, sorry if your a little bit pissed off. 

Im seeing more of a rb2 from Jones and rb3 from Williams. 

Oh and that’s in all size leagues, non ppr. 

Hey thanks. 

you're right weepaws.  I will be moving Jones out of my Rb1 starting spot and putting him back to his rightful 2 spot.  Barkley will take over as number 1

• Thanks 1

Same as every Jones owner, he wasn’t drafted as a rb1 on most teams, but he’s a darn good rb2. 

Hey good luck, and I’m glad Barkley is back for you. 

35 points for Jones in my non-ppr leagues. I sure wish he was an RB1. Then I could have played him in my Kamara spot instead of my RB2 slot. Sometimes Fantasy football just isn't fair.

Darn good rb2 game. 

Impressive. 

This settles it for me. My RB2s seem to score more points than my RB1s. And in our league, scoring more points is a good thing. Next year I'm going to skip over RB1s and only draft RB2s. Even in the first round I'm going straight to the RB2s. Heck, I might even invent a new draft strategy. The zero RB1 strategy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This thread has convinced me to move Aaron Jones up to my #1 RB and to lower Leveon Bell to my #2 RB spot.  

this is what i come here for - thanks everyone!

Why would a ff thread make one think about cleaning out someone’s butt. 

I think your on the wrong website. 

I would say that, Jones has had theee amazing weekends, wk 3 he scored 21 non ppr points, wk 5 he scored 42 non ppr points and wk 8he scored 34 non ppr points, those three weeks his avg rb ranking was 2nd. 

The other 5 weekends his rb ranking is 24th. 

So other then those three amazing weekends he’s a rb2 at best. 

Find it interesting that this thread pops up when Jones scores big points, those three times, what about those other weeks? 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I would say that, Jones has had theee amazing weekends, wk 3 he scored 21 non ppr points, wk 5 he scored 42 non ppr points and wk 8he scored 34 non ppr points, those three weeks his avg rb ranking was 2nd. 

The other 5 weekends his rb ranking is 24th. 

So other then those three amazing weekends he’s a rb2 at best. 

Find it interesting that this thread pops up when Jones scores big points, those three times, what about those other weeks? 

Thank you. 

You are sounding silly.  Just admit you made a bad call and move on.

Otherwise, name the 12 RBs that have scored as a RB1 every week.

• Like 1

What bad call?  

Hes a great rb2, and that’s been a great call. 

Expect for three great weeks he’s been a rb2.  

I already showed you.  

Sorry that you won’t expect the truth. 

24 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Expect for three great weeks he’s been a rb2.

No stud is a stud every week.

Even Christian McCaffrey has barely been worth a flex play if you take away Weeks 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8.

• Haha 1

Would agree, look at D Cook , expect for week 1 and week 2 and week 3 and week 5 and week 7 and 8 he’s no better then a rb2. 

On 10/28/2019 at 5:16 AM, remote controller said:

Lots of crow.

<grabs fork and knife>

He is sharing time, but (1) just more of a 65/35 split and (2) he's being put in positions for big plays, (3) he's making most of those opportunities performing as a RB1.

3 minutes ago, NAn said:

<grabs fork and knife>

He is sharing time, but (1) just more of a 65/35 split and (2) he's being put in positions for big plays, (3) he's making most of those opportunities performing as a RB1.

Well done, that is a very adult way to handle this.

I remember posting this little blind resume from Matthew Berry before the season started; it might be worth revisiting...

Player A: 41 carries gaining 5+ yards, 527 rushing yards and 7 rushing TDs
Player B: 27 carries gaining 5+ yards, 549 rushing yards and 4 rushing TDs

Player A is the final 100 carries of 2018 for Aaron Jones. Player B is the final 100 carries of 2018 for Saquon Barkley.