Sign in to follow this  
Canadianfan

Last chance to grab Aaron jones.

13 hours ago, weepaws said:

You Ekeler is ranked right behind Jones in non ppr, and I don’t consider him more than a rb3. 

So I only see two true rb1 ones right now, Cook and Mccaffery. 

Just look at their weekly rankings and avg. 

Hey thanks everyone , I’m having fun. 

i don't know - if you take away a few big plays by mccaffrey and then factor in that cook typically gets hurt - then you realize there are no RB1's any more.  it's like they went extinct.  probably tied to global warming

Let’s hope not. 

On 10/30/2019 at 3:53 PM, weepaws said:

You Ekeler is ranked right behind Jones in non ppr, and I don’t consider him more than a rb3. 

So I only see two true rb1 ones right now, Cook and Mccaffery. 

Just look at their weekly rankings and avg. 

Hey thanks everyone , I’m having fun. 

At the season’s halfway point, Jones is on pace for 1,642 total yards and 22 TDs. He's due for some touchdown regression, but Jones should set career highs across the board if he can stay healthy.

Sounds like a true high end RB1 to me....yes Jones has had a few subpar games and so have Cook and McCaffery.

8 hours ago, cavern said:

i don't know - if you take away a few big plays by mccaffrey and then factor in that cook typically gets hurt - then you realize there are no RB1's any more.  it's like they went extinct.  probably tied to global warming

Hence the wisdom in the zero RB1 strategy. 

Oh my soul, I think it’s great every one like Jones as a rb1. 

Jones top three games = avg per 32 points. 

Mccaffery top three games = avg 32 points. 

Cook top three games= avg 25 points 

Jones other five game avg 9 points per 

Mccaffery other four games avg 16 points per. 

Cook other five game avg 17 points per. 

Non ppr. 

I see two true Rb 1 right now, and some that post some big game time to time. 

9 points in those other five games makes Jones no better then a rb2 or worst. 

Those other games from both Cook and Mccaffery 17 and 16 points per, shows consistency = rb1. 

Thats my story, and as of right now I’m sticking to yet. 

Thanks everyone great returns , and I truly appreciate it. 

On 11/1/2019 at 2:03 AM, weepaws said:

Oh my soul, I think it’s great every one like Jones as a rb1. 

Jones top three games = avg per 32 points. 

Mccaffery top three games = avg 32 points. 

Cook top three games= avg 25 points 

Jones other five game avg 9 points per 

Mccaffery other four games avg 16 points per. 

Cook other five game avg 17 points per. 

Non ppr. 

I see two true Rb 1 right now, and some that post some big game time to time. 

9 points in those other five games makes Jones no better then a rb2 or worst. 

Those other games from both Cook and Mccaffery 17 and 16 points per, shows consistency = rb1. 

Thats my story, and as of right now I’m sticking to yet. 

Thanks everyone great returns , and I truly appreciate it. 

I understand your logic Weepaw, but it's a flawed.  For one, Green Bay is not the same offense as it was week one and for good reason (New Offense)..  They progressively have gotten better since then.   A big part of the turnaround was incorporating Jones more in the passing game.  Cup-cake schedule going forward and a realistic chance of finishing 1st in total offense.  You're not looking forward enough  into the 2nd half of the fantasy season weepaw. flawed thinking 

2nd, the Packers faced the bears, vikings, broncos, eagles in their 1st four games.......not the easiest start.   That was another reason for the slow start.

Think you for your own opinion, appreciate it.  One of those 6 point games was Vs the Lions just three weeks ago  

I’ll stick to mind. 

Thanks. 

Good luck today. 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Think you for your own opinion, appreciate it.  One of those 6 point games was Vs the Lions just three weeks ago  

I’ll stick to mind. 

Thanks. 

Good luck today. 

Kudos to you Weepaws you stuck to your guns under heavy fire and today A. Jones had 3.4 half Ppr points, 3 in standard. Not a true RB1, you were right, take a bow...

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

Kudos to you Weepaws you stuck to your guns under heavy fire and today A. Jones had 3.4 half Ppr points, 3 in standard. Not a true RB1, you were right, take a bow...

I guess CMC wasn’t a RB1 after his week 2 performance.  

2 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I guess CMC wasn’t a RB1 after his week 2 performance.  

is Rodgers now a QB4

Jeez. Jones is going to finish the year with minimum 1500 total yards and 15 tds. That’s conservative. And we’re debating if he’s a RB1. Just stop already. 

Once again I can’t list him as a rb1 on my own personal rankings, last week 3 points weren’t even worthy of a roster spot. 

Today he was worthy of a rb1 , no doubt he could be a rb1 if he was more consistent.  

Only two Rbs right our worthy of a rb1 title, Mccaffery and D Cook. 

Im glad he had a big rebound to everyone that’s owns him, and congrats on his 27 non ppr points. 

He was great today. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Once again I can’t list him as a rb1 on my own personal rankings, last week 3 points weren’t even worthy of a roster spot. 

Today he was worthy of a rb1 , no doubt he could be a rb1 if he was more consistent.  

Only two Rbs right our worthy of a rb1 title, Mccaffery and D Cook. 

Im glad he had a big rebound to everyone that’s owns him, and congrats on his 27 non ppr points. 

He was great today. 

Jones ffpoints by game.

9 left game early and dropped a cookie

Other than the charger game where the packers clearly woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and opening day vs a bear defense that was just vicious, all I see is consistent numbers.  21.4 PPR points average per game 342.4 for the season. Yes there are two superman type games, but all Rb1's have these games throughout the season.  

To add, McCaffrey is having an all-time legendary season.  It could be the best fantasy season EVER.  So you might want to lower your RB1 own personal rankings criteria in the future.   This might never happen again

• Like 1

Stub-born adjective

having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, especially in spite of good arguments or reason to do so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

You must have had kind of an unusual scoring system in Week 4...

Who left this dead horse here?

We get it guys, AJ is a RB1, can we just let this thread go already?

He’s a rb2, a upper rb2, who like a lot of rb2 we’ll post from time to time Rb1 numbers, which is why he’s a rb 2. 

But he also as posed ff numbers that resemble a rb4 or rb5 also. 

Is inconsistent weekly ff point rankings leave me ranking him as a rb2. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

He’s a rb2, a upper rb2, who like a lot of rb2 we’ll post from time to time Rb1 numbers, which is why he’s a rb 2. 

But he also as posed ff numbers that resemble a rb4 or rb5 also. 

Is inconsistent weekly ff point rankings leave me ranking him as a rb2. 

What is your definition of a RB1?

39 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

What is your definition of a RB1?

Oh my soul, haven’t we gone down and down this road. 

Mccaffery and D Cook. 

Let me ask you a question, and I’m sure you won’t answer it. 

Why does it matter that I rank Jones as a rb2.  

If it doesn’t then why does it seem to bother you? 

If it does matter what I think, then why? 

It doesn’t matter to me how your others rank him.  

Second Question, what ranking would you give Jones last weekend when he scored only 3 points?  

Thanks. 

47 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Oh my soul, haven’t we gone down and down this road. 

Mccaffery and D Cook. 

Let me ask you a question, and I’m sure you won’t answer it. 

Why does it matter that I rank Jones as a rb2.  

If it doesn’t then why does it seem to bother you? 

If it does matter what I think, then why? 

It doesn’t matter to me how your others rank him.  

Second Question, what ranking would you give Jones last weekend when he scored only 3 points?  

Thanks. 

No, I didn’t ask WHO you rank as an RB1 (CMC & Cook). I asked for your definition of an RB1?  In other words, what qualifies someone to be an RB1?

Your first question:  I have no problem answering. It doesn’t bother me, I’m just curious. 

Second question:  Are we ranking RBs on a weekly basis or yearly?  Going into last week I ranked jones as an RB1. (FYI RB1s do occasionally have bad games). By your logic CMC is an RB2 bc he had a bad game week 2. 

Ultimately you can rank Jones however you want. I’m just curious of your overall CRITERIA of what makes a RB1 and RB2. 

When I look at a player, I rank them based on a weekly performance, so no Mccaffery isn’t a rb2 because he had one bad game, now look at Mccaffery avg weekly ranking in comparison to the Jones in a non ppr. 

And sure does seem to matter how I personally rank and feel about this player, I just don’t understand it.  

Please keep this in mind, I’m not one to listen to when it comes to ff, their are so many on this site you should really care about when it comes to their personal opinion about ff.  

And I did define a rb1 for you, look at the weekly rankings of both Mccaffery and Cook, that’s the answer  

Hey Thanks. 

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

When I look at a player, I rank them based on a weekly performance, so no Mccaffery isn’t a rb2 because he had one bad game, now look at Mccaffery avg weekly ranking in comparison to the Jones in a non ppr. 

And I did define a rb1 for you, look at the weekly rankings of both Mccaffery and Cook, that’s the answer  

Hey Thanks. 

Ok thanks, that answered my question. You rank RBs based on weekly rankings (aka other people’s opinions). Myself, and most others, rank them based on stats - more specifically, are they currently in the top 12 in total points and are they likely to continue to stay there.  

No not one others people opinions. 

I rank them during the season based on how they have performed weekly. 

I don’t use others rankings. 

I look at weekly stats , just like I’ve been typing about. 

During the summer or off season I’ll look back at the total points, but break it down by how a player performed also on a weekly bases. 

It’s all based on ff points and the weekly out come of how a players ranks compared to the other players in his same position. 

Not on others opinions, that’s not a good why to base ff on. 

And own rankings should simply be be one that list, heck I don’t even watch the games. 

Thank you, great return. 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

No not one others people opinions. 

I rank them during the season based on how they have performed weekly. 

I don’t use others rankings. 

I look at weekly stats , just like I’ve been typing about. 

During the summer or off season I’ll look back at the total points, but break it down by how a player performed also on a weekly bases. 

It’s all based on ff points and the weekly out come of how a players ranks compared to the other players in his same position. 

Not on others opinions, that’s not a good why to base ff on. 

And own rankings should simply be be one that list, heck I don’t even watch the games. 

Thank you, great return. 

CMC has only finished as a top 3 RB three times in 9 games. Doesn’t sound like a RB1 based on your criteria. 

23 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

CMC has only finished as a top 3 RB three times in 9 games. Doesn’t sound like a RB1 based on your criteria. 

Go look at my post of October 31.  Also  that weekend Jones scores 3 non ppr points, Cook had 11, and Mccaffery had 34.  

So add those totals to that. 

I already answered this issue. 

Thanks for the return, appreciate it. 

Ps can’t count on any player in any position to be perfect or a 1 every weekend. 

And that’s why during the offseason  and preparing for my next draft I use both total points, but then I sink a little deeper and look at avg per weekly ranked against others at the same postion   

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

Go look at my post of October 31.  Also  that weekend Jones scores 3 non ppr points, Cook had 11, and Mccaffery had 34.  

So add those totals to that. 

I already answered this issue. 

Thanks for the return, appreciate it. 

Ps can’t count on any player in any position to be perfect or a 1 every weekend. 

And that’s why during the offseason  and preparing for my next draft I use both total points, but then I sink a little deeper and look at avg per weekly ranked against others at the same postion   

it would suck drawing pick 3 next year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

it would suck drawing pick 3 next year. 

Agree, I don’t like draftin early in a 14 teamer. 

But I’m really kinda bored with this tread, so when my feelings change, and I see three rb1, I’ll return and let everyone know.  

Tata for now.  

See you all on the other treads. 

45 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Agree, I don’t like draftin early in a 14 teamer. 

But I’m really kinda bored with this tread, so when my feelings change, and I see three rb1, I’ll return and let everyone know.  

Tata for now.  

See you all on the other treads. 

Before you go can you give us your thoughts on WRs?  Is Michael Thomas a WR2?  

Rodgers will continue to remain in the MVP mix if Green Bay maintains a hold on the NFC North down the stretch, and it might not be long before his teammate Aaron Jones joins him in the MVP conversation. In fact, the quarterback is encouraging fans and media alike to give the running back, who is tied for an NFL-best 14 total touchdowns and 11 rushing scores with McCaffrey, the recognition he deserves.

per espn

Not a chance of this happening, however, it it did, I believe it would be the 1st Rb2 to get the honour.

• Like 1

this whole "argument" feels TO ME to be more of where weepaws is arguing "Tier 1" but saying "RB 1"

but that's just me

• Like 1

The "argument" stems from people's inability to allow weepaws the right to be willfully wrong.

god's will.