Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

I predicted the Giants to start out 0-7

This Is a fantasy football and ancillary football chat board. Why would you bring up basketball, zero relevance. You run your mouth more than anyone else here and get all defensive when called on your BS, so spare me the victim card, and stop writing checks your butt can't cash...

Haha. What victim card? Just like the Bears, I am on the offensive. And just like the giants, you are, well, losing... again... :wacko:

Problem is, RBs are not as important as having a franchise QB.

We'll see. If Barkley carries the giants to a superbowl, I will show as being wrong. It's just that the shelf life of an RB is often times shorter, as less effective than a top notch QB.

Tell that to Elway before TD came to town.

Haha. What victim card? Just like the Bears, I am on the offensive. And just like the giants, you are, well, losing... again... :wacko:

agreed you are like the Bears- haven't been relevant in thirty years...

Sam Darnold, Rosen, and Josh Allen suck.

A little too early to make such dramatic assumptions.

• Like 1

agreed you are like the Bears- haven't been relevant in thirty years...

Thing is, I unlike some of you, don't mix my personal accomplishments up with the sports teams I like to watch. They are not one in the same even remotely.

A little too early to make such dramatic assumptions.

I think people just get dramatic when it comes sports disagreements. It seems to effect their emotions and their thinking.

Seafool is down for the Giants shouid have taken Darnold. We shall see

Seafool is down for the Giants shouid have taken Darnold. We shall see

I love the name callers out there. No argument, so resort to derision. But yes, we will see.

Yep. You all prove you would rather start a rebuild with a running back. Then start selling off your D-line, etc., moving into the future. I'm guessing because you think that RBs on average are highly effective for many years, get injured less than any other position, are considered by all NFL teams to be the cornerstone of a championship run, and while selling off players in an attempt to start a rebuild, the RB is far and away the best way to begin a new era for their team.

Have fun with manning and the giants.

Not all Eli’s fault ......have you seen his OL?! Maybe it’s best we don’t have a franchise qb getting killed each week like Eli is. Ask Josh Allen and Josh Rosen what they think about being on a team with no OL.

Not all Eli’s fault ......have you seen his OL?! Maybe it’s best we don’t have a franchise qb getting killed each week like Eli is. Ask Josh Allen and Josh Rosen what they think about being on a team with no OL.

No man. I'm not saying to throw a rookie to the wolves. Just saying it's not always bad to have a high value rookie QB watch and learn for a year or two. Obviously the giants think the world of manning (more than I do but that does not matter). Why wouldn't they not want to have a quality prospect sit the bench for a year and learn from him?

Hi seafoam, just checking into to say the Giants just drafted ANOTHER non-RB and they still somehow suck!

By the same token...man, the Rams were sure dumb for drafting Gurley in 2015 with a 1st round pick It has doomed them to YEARS of mediocrity. They should have gone with a QB instead for sure. Like those guys they couldn't have drafted (Winston and Mariota who went 1 & 2) would have DEFINITELY turned franchise around the way they have in Tennessee and Tampa. Or those other QB's drafted in 2015 that they should have definitely gotten instead of Gurley: Garrett Grayson, Sean Mannion, Bryce Petty, Brett Hundley and Trevor Siemian that turned their franchises fate around and are all setting the world on fire. Poor Rams, now they sit at a pathetic 8-0 this year all because they made the mistake of taking that RB instead of a QB that year.

:wave:

BTW...I can go on like this for days. You should just stop embarrassing yourself. You would be much better off starting a thread entitled "I don't have to be jealous of the Giants anymore" rather than continuing to try to push one of the worst points this bored has ever witnessed...and that's saying something.

The awesome Bears drafted a WR in 2015 with the seventh pick. The QB was Jay Cutler. I forget who the WR was. So does everyone else.

The awesome Bears drafted a WR in 2015 with the seventh pick. The QB was Jay Cutler. I forget who the WR was. So does everyone else.

They believed in Cutler and drafted White to help him out. I would never jump on a team for drafting someone who ends up getting season ending injuries unless he was drafted injured. It would be like saying that if in the second game of this year Quentin Nelson went down with a season ending injury that the Colts made a bad pick. It's just not true. Poorly structured argument.

Hi seafoam, just checking into to say the Giants just drafted ANOTHER non-RB and they still somehow suck!

By the same token...man, the Rams were sure dumb for drafting Gurley in 2015 with a 1st round pick It has doomed them to YEARS of mediocrity. They should have gone with a QB instead for sure. Like those guys they couldn't have drafted (Winston and Mariota who went 1 & 2) would have DEFINITELY turned franchise around the way they have in Tennessee and Tampa. Or those other QB's drafted in 2015 that they should have definitely gotten instead of Gurley: Garrett Grayson, Sean Mannion, Bryce Petty, Brett Hundley and Trevor Siemian that turned their franchises fate around and are all setting the world on fire. Poor Rams, now they sit at a pathetic 8-0 this year all because they made the mistake of taking that RB instead of a QB that year.

:wave:

BTW...I can go on like this for days. You should just stop embarrassing yourself. You would be much better off starting a thread entitled "I don't have to be jealous of the Giants anymore" rather than continuing to try to push one of the worst points this bored has ever witnessed...and that's saying something.

You could go on forever. I know. Doesn't mean anything. Throughout the history of the draft you can waste your time playing retrospective armchair GM all you want to try to make it look like you know what you are talking about.

Plus, I think any of the top 15-20 backs in this league could run the ball well on the Rams. They have a top 3 oline. The left side of that oline is probably the best in the league. Go ahead and put Gurley on the Cardinals. You would be singing a different tune in your historical research.

Heck, I would say even Quenton Nelson probably would have been a better choice for the giants this year.

They believed in Cutler and drafted White to help him out. I would never jump on a team for drafting someone who ends up getting season ending injuries unless he was drafted injured. It would be like saying that if in the second game of this year Quentin Nelson went down with a season ending injury that the Colts made a bad pick. It's just not true. Poorly structured argument.

You have zero knowledge of what a well structured argument looks like. In fact, based on this thread, you should probably lose your rights to even post your opinion. Horrible "1st round RB pick when they should have picked a QB" Todd Gurley says hello...

You have zero knowledge of what a well structured argument looks like. In fact, based on this thread, you should probably lose your rights to even post your opinion. Horrible "1st round RB pick when they should have picked a QB" Todd Gurley says hello...

Even if I didn't I wouldn't be gaining any knowledge from what you throw at the wall here.

And...

The Rams oline says hello. Keep giving Gurley all the credit. Contribute all the Rams success (what little they have had so far) to Gurley. Brilliant logic. :doh:

You could go on forever. I know. Doesn't mean anything. Talk about embarrassing, Throughout the history of the draft you can waste your time playing retrospective armchair GM all you want to try to make it look like you know what you are talking about.

Wait, isn't this EXACTLY what you are doing with the premise of this entire thread?? You are armchair GM'ing the Giants selection of an absolutely elite RB by saying they would be better served by drafting a lesser player. Your supporting evidence is that they would be better by having said lesser player because they would have him for longer? :rolleyes:

Again, the Lions never won a championship with Barry Sanders, ask them if they would trade having Sanders for an obscure offensive lineman, linebacker or QB.

In fact...

Thomas Jones
Warrick Dunn
Fred Taylor
Clinton Portis
Steven Jackson
Edgerrin James
Frank Gore
Thurman Thomas
Curtis Martin
Earl Campbell
O.J. Simpson
Adrian Peterson
Eric Dickerson
LaDainian Tomlinson
Barry Sanders

The drafting franchises of all those guys would probably like to tell you they are perfectly happy with their selections of those RB's despite the fact that none of them won a championship. Particularly since there is no way in hell you can convince them that drafting one other player instead of that RB would have put them over the top.

One team wins a championship every year, all the rest are failures who wasted draft picks on the wrong players I guess... again :rolleyes:

Wait, isn't this EXACTLY what you are doing with the premise of this entire thread?? You are armchair GM'ing the Giants selection of an absolutely elite RB by saying they would be better served by drafting a lesser player. Your supporting evidence is that they would be better by having said lesser player because they would have him for longer?

You don't know at this time if Darnold is a lesser player than Barkley. But the Jets knew they needed to get a QB first and foremost. Same with Cleveland and Buffalo. It's easier to find quality at other positions through the draft and free agency. Except for maybe stud o-linemen like Nelson this year.

I'm talking about this year's giant team. This is why I predicted them to go 0-7 to start the year. I think most teams value QBs over RBs in the long run and are normally willing to take a risk on a QB when they don't have a good one on their team, rather than a promising RB, because it takes longer for them to develop. If Trubisky came out the same year as Barkley, all things being equal, I would have wanted the Bears to take Trubisky over Barkley.

You can call me names for thinking that, but I'm feeling good about the Bears draft choice and as long as he keeps up this improvement week to week, I don't even care about their record this year.

You are free to feel that way, as a Giants fan I wouldn't trade Barkley for Trubisky, while I certainly would for Watson and of course Mahomes.

You don't know at this time if Darnold is a lesser player than Barkley. But the Jets knew they needed to get a QB first and foremost. Same with Cleveland. It's easier to find quality at other positions through the draft and free agency. Except for maybe stud o-linemen like Nelson this year.

I'm talking about this year's giant team. I think most teams value QBs over RBs in the long run and are normally willing to take a risk on a QB when they don't have a good one on their team, rather than a promising RB, because it takes longer for them to develop. If Trubisky came out the same year as Barkley, all things being equal, I would have wanted the Bears to take Trubisky over Barkley.

You can call me names for thinking that, but I'm feeling good about the Bears draft choice and as long as he keeps up this improvement week to week, I don't even care about their record this year.

Wait, i see where this is coming from:

5-11

3-13

6-10

5-11

8-8

27-53

That's the Bears record over the last 5 years. BUT, because they are 4-3 and leading the division this year their model for draft success is clearly what the Giants should follow. I mean, nothing says draft success like 5 years to turn around a sinking ship into a 4-3 juggernaut. 27-53 over 5 years to 4-3 this year most assuredly gives you the right to look down at your nose at a team that was 11-5 just 2 yrs ago and has won 2 of the last 10 superbowls played (where the bears have been to exactly 1 playoff game during that same period). I hope you were as good at playing GM for the bears for during their .338 winning percentage for the last 5 years as you are GM'ing for the Giants this year.

I would argue that Khalil Mack is far more responsible for the Bears' "success" than mitchy...

5-11

3-13

6-10

5-11

8-8

27-53

That's the Bears record over the last 5 years. BUT, because they are 4-3 and leading the division this year their model for draft success is clearly what the Giants should follow. I mean, nothing says draft success like 5 years to turn around a sinking ship into a 4-3 juggernaut. 27-53 over 5 years to 4-3 this year most assuredly gives you the right to look down at your nose at a team that was 11-5 just 2 yrs ago and has won 2 of the last 10 superbowls played (where the bears have been to exactly 1 playoff game during that same period). I hope you were as good at playing GM for the bears for during their .338 winning percentage for the last 5 years as you are GM'ing for the Giants this year.

Yep, because of all that losing, I'm glad the Bears finally have what looks to be a promising QB.

5-11

3-13

6-10

5-11

8-8

27-53

Boom. Seafool wiped out.

Yep, because of all that losing, I'm glad the Bears finally have what looks to be a promising QB.

So we've established that the right way to do it is to wait until the 4th year of suckage to draft a QB...aka the Bears way. Let's ask the Cleveland Browns how all those high draft picks, including QB's, have worked out...no, wait..their record is just slightly worse than the Bears over the last 5 years so they're not really a good measuring stick I'm guessing.

So we've established that the right way to do it is to wait until the 4th year of suckage to draft a QB...aka the Bears way. Let's ask the Cleveland Browns how all those high draft picks, including QB's, have worked out...no, wait..their record is just slightly worse than the Bears over the last 5 years so they're not really a good measuring stick I'm guessing.

Ok. So the giants last 5 years were 33-47. Nice. And they now have no QB. Nice.

So Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky, Goff, Wentz, and Luck were all drafted since 2012. What rounds were they drafted in?

Lot's of bad QBs were drafted but that is no reason to shy away. QB is the single most important position on a football team.

And the giants prefer to take an RB. Ok. Maybe Barkley can get better next year and carry that team to 2 wins? If they don't run him into the ground by then?

Boom. Seafool wiped out.

Just call crawfish the bus driver cause he always takes Seafoam to school...

Just call crawfish the bus driver cause he always takes Seafoam to school...

Early prediction... The giants have a terrible QB next year and they land in last place again. Then they do so until the great Barkley's contract is up and Beckham is in a rubber room somewhere fanatically bitching about losing while begging for some prostitute and some coke.

So far this year, I was pretty close on the giants outlook. And I was giving them a possible win against the 49ers. But those teams seem to be on equal footing now.

I think the Giants should just take 3 of the best Offensive Linemen and they should be good. Eli's good for another 10 years at least.

I think the Giants should just take 3 of the best Offensive Linemen and they should be good. Eli's good for another 10 years at least.

:doublethumbsup:

No man. I'm not saying to throw a rookie to the wolves. Just saying it's not always bad to have a high value rookie QB watch and learn for a year or two. Obviously the giants think the world of manning (more than I do but that does not matter). Why wouldn't they not want to have a quality prospect sit the bench for a year and learn from him?

With this logic the giants would be even worse this year than their 1-7 record and thats a HUGE gamble! Theres no guarantee your franchise QB will ever be good.

But you know what is a guarantee? Saquon being a stud. Kudos to the giants for realizing this. Its so much more than just winning now.

Saquon is a piece for now and the future so to say they messed up the pick is total idiocracy to me.

And Im a dolphins fan, I know a thing or 2 about not having a franchise QB.

Dolphins passed on Kuechly, Stephon Gilmore, fletcher cox, Melvin Ingram, chandler jones, etc.... to select Ryan Tannehill. How has that worked out?

Theres no linear path to success in the NFL but drafting a sure thing like Barkley shouldnt be second guessed.

With this logic the giants would be even worse this year than their 1-7 record and thats a HUGE gamble! Theres no guarantee your franchise QB will ever be good.

But you know what is a guarantee? Saquon being a stud. Kudos to the giants for realizing this. Its so much more than just winning now.

Saquon is a piece for now and the future so to say they messed up the pick is total idiocracy to me.

Dolphins passed on Kuechly, Stephon Gilmore, fletcher cox, Melvin Ingram, chandler jones, etc.... to select Ryan Tannehill. How has that worked out?

Theres no linear path to success in the NFL but drafting a sure thing like Barkley shouldnt be second guessed.

This is very well stated...wasted on this particular audience...but very well stated. :thumbsup:

Most here don't seem to have the ability to look at the future of an NFL team. They would rather just be 1-7 than 0-8 so far this year. Who cares about the next 5 years? Maybe next year Barkley can get so much better to carry the giants to the playoffs. Just like weepaws said Barkley would do for the giants this year.

As a dolphins fan you don't know a thing or two about a franchise QB. If you want to go back to Marino, you are stretching it as that is a rarity. How have the dolphins been doing without a QB all these years?

As a dolphins fan you don't know a thing or two about a franchise QB. If you want to go back to Marino, you are stretching it as that is a rarity. How have the dolphins been doing without a QB all these years?

He clearly wrote "I know a thing or 2 about NOT having a franchise QB. Have you been Drinking?

He clearly wrote "I know a thing or 2 about NOT having a franchise QB. Have you been Drinking?

Not yet. But that makes my case even more. Thank you.

This is hilarious coming from a Bears fan.

Jay Cutler is my favorite non Packers QB of all time. God I loved that guy.

This is hilarious coming from a Bears fan.

Jay Cutler is my favorite non Packers QB of all time. God I loved that guy.

Bears QBs have sucked too. That's why I'm hyped to see if Trubisky can be the guy. What's your point? There are only a few bad QBs that have won SBs. Manning, Hostettler, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer top the list. That is more of a rarity than anything else.