Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

I predicted the Giants to start out 0-7

Definitely Ditka.

Wait, wasn't that the guy who traded every draft pick for an RB named Ricky Williams? Man, Saquon would probably have been worth 2 years of every draft pick.

HOFer. Redefined the TE position in the NFL. Don't disrespect that if you like football. As a coach. well, he won a superbowl. Not bad. Yet to see how the giants leadership fair after drafting barkley.

HOFer. Redefined the TE position in the NFL. Don't disrespect that if you like football. As a coach. well, he won a superbowl. Not bad. Yet to see how the giants leadership fair after drafting barkley.

I wasn't talking about Ditka the player.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25188268/best-worst-quarterbacks-first-half-2018-nfl-season-total-qbr

Hmmm...now which one of those 3 would have helped the Giants since all are at the bottom of the QBR?

I wasn't talking about Ditka the player.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25188268/best-worst-quarterbacks-first-half-2018-nfl-season-total-qbr

Hmmm...now which one of those 3 would have helped the Giants since all are at the bottom of the QBR?

Sure. rookie QBs always are the greatest. Favre, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, Elway, blah blah blah.... keep going.

Let me ask you this: How much has Barkley helped the giants this year?

It is not a good time to be a Giants fan, but we have 4 Superbowls to help us through this tough period. My hope is one day you as a bears fan will get to experience decades of success...

Sure. rookie QBs always are the greatest. Favre, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, Elway, blah blah blah.... keep going.

Let me ask you this: How much has Barkley helped the giants this year?

He's helped them stay competitive in most of their games. He's brought some sense of hope to what would otherwise be a horribly disappointing season I would imagine.

Oh, and yeah, there's this: He wasn't drafted to save the franchise. Tom Brady (6th round pick) is the greatest QB of our generation, maybe ever, and his team still made the playoffs without him. Again, it's NOT JUST ONE PLAYER. The Raiders had a 1st round QB, first round WR and several highly picked O-lineman, and they are in FULL rebuild mode and selling off assets to stockpile picks. The league has turned into an offensive league and you typically take the best offensive player...and of the draft picks last year, Saquon is that player. As a coach, you don't have 10 years to turn thing around (well, unless you coach in Cincy or Dallas). You take the best player who makes the biggest impact in the shortest term because you have a limited window to show improvement. I have broken down the Giants draft for you, I have picked a different player at every pick for 5 rounds to avoid giving them an RB just to prove to you that NOT ONE PLAYER THEY COULD HAVE DRAFTED WOULD HAVE CHANGED THEIR FORTUNE.

Ok Boy-O, I finally got done with those cumbersome TPS Reports so let's play. You want to talk about the present, fine. The Bears have 5 wins on the season. How many of the 5 teams they beat currently have a winning record. Ding Ding Ding… you guessed it, ZERO. In fact, the combined record of those teams is 14-28. But hey, don't let that get you down, old sport, at least you have the 3rd best QB in his draft class, and as they say a bronze medal is still a medal. Have a wonderful day...

Ok Boy-O, I finally got done with those cumbersome TPS Reports so let's play. You want to talk about the present, fine. The Bears have 5 wins on the season. How many of the 5 teams they beat currently have a winning record. Ding Ding Ding you guessed it, ZERO. In fact, the combined record of those teams is 14-28. But hey, don't let that get you down, old sport, at least you have the 3rd best QB in his draft class, and as they say a bronze medal is still a medal. Have a wonderful day...

"Eli Manning will start Monday, but it's still likely Kyle Lauletta will get a shot -- just not until his arrest is further in the rearview mirror." ☺

"Lauletta was arrested last Tuesday, as first reported by NJ Advance Media , and charged with eluding police, obstructing justice and resisting arrest because police say he refused to get out of his vehicle or produce his driving credentials."

1-7 - Now they need to bring in a nut case because manning sucks so bad. Hahahaaa...

Enjoy your team. ☺

The Raiders had a 1st round QB, first round WR and several highly picked O-lineman, and they are in FULL rebuild mode and selling off assets to stockpile picks.

Yeah, the Raiders are really bad as well. We agree on that.

"Eli Manning will start Monday, but it's still likely Kyle Lauletta will get a shot -- just not until his arrest is further in the rearview mirror." ☺

"Lauletta was arrested last Tuesday, as first reported by NJ Advance Media , and charged with eluding police, obstructing justice and resisting arrest because police say he refused to get out of his vehicle or produce his driving credentials."

1-7 - Now they need to bring in a nut case because manning sucks so bad. Hahahaaa...

Enjoy your team. ☺

It's funny, I really have nothing against the Bears...until you showed up and started repeatedly playing the "internet hemorrhoid" role to perfection. At this juncture I'd really like to see the Bears lose out

It's funny, I really have nothing against the Bears...until you showed up and started repeatedly playing the "internet hemorrhoid" role to perfection. At this juncture I'd really like to see the Bears lose out

Ok. I don't flaunt the Bears. I just root for them. And I only stated that the giants made a mistake with the draft. You disagree. Why all the anger from you guys? Most of your arguments include name calling. Whatever.

How do you know there is anger? Maybe you are the one who is angry, thus you interpret benign intent as hostility.

How do you know there is anger? Maybe you are the one who is angry, thus you interpret benign intent as hostility.

Name calling in such a topic as this is usually a good indicator.

Ok. I don't flaunt the Bears. I just root for them. And I only stated that the giants made a mistake with the draft. You disagree. Why all the anger from you guys? Most of your arguments include name calling. Whatever.

Most of my "anger" (your word, not mine) is derived from your persistence of a stupid assertion of which you refuse to let go. Not once have you validly refuted anything I've said. You are truly proving the adage about arguing with an idiot..dragging the rest of us down to your level.

Most of my "anger" (your word, not mine) is derived from your persistence of a stupid assertion of which you refuse to let go. Not once have you validly refuted anything I've said. You are truly proving the adage about arguing with an idiot..dragging the rest of us down to your level.

Again. Oh my God, you stupid idiot! See how dumb it sounds, name calling? I told you who I would have wanted over Barkley if I were a giants fan.

And I don't see what your point is.

Name calling in such a topic as this is usually a good indicator.

I don't know who your referring to but Interpreting emotions by text or chat board, without context, is not usually a good idea.

Bears QBs have sucked too. That's why I'm hyped to see if Trubisky can be the guy. What's your point? There are only a few bad QBs that have won SBs. Manning, Hostettler, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer top the list. That is more of a rarity than anything else.

The point was that it is hilarious to see a bears fan tell a dolphins fan that he doesnt know anything about franchise QBs...because he is a dolphins fan.

Now that I spelled it out for you, lets find you a hobby.

The point was that it is hilarious to see a bears fan tell a dolphins fan that he doesnt know anything about franchise QBs...because he is a dolphins fan.

Now that I spelled it out for you, lets find you a hobby.

Dolphims fans are not that bright? I don't know, you tell me.

Remember in 85 and the Bears wouldn't STFU? Heard about those underachievers for years. The Giants finally put them out of our misery in the playoffs in 90, on their way to another super bowl victory. The Bears only have the one. Just like the Jets.

Remember in 85 and the Bears wouldn't STFU? Heard about those underachievers for years. The Giants finally put them out of our misery in the playoffs in 90, on their way to another super bowl victory. The Bears only have the one. Just like the Jets.

I hear nobody referencing the 85 Bears but you. But in this thread alone I see "4 championships" about the giants at least a couple times. And again now by you bringing up a giants win from 100 years ago.

You NYers really need to come back to the present.

4 Super Bowl Championships

so you answer someone and try calling them out by using a quote from an entirely different person? Typical Seafood neuroticism...

so you answer someone and try calling them out by using a quote from an entirely different person? Typical Seafood neuroticism...

gotta love some seafool.

I hear nobody referencing the 85 Bears but you. But in this thread alone I see "4 championships" about the giants at least a couple times. And again now by you bringing up a giants win from 100 years ago.

You NYers really need to come back to the present.

Says the guy bringing up Ditka. Lol.

Maybe if the Giants are lucky they can also draft the 3rd best QB in his draft class...

Maybe if the Giants are lucky they can also draft the 3rd best QB in his draft class...

And then be in the playoff hunt. ☺

Hopefully, and then in our mediocrity we can instigate fights with fans of much more successful franchises...

Hopefully, and then in our mediocrity we can instigate fights with fans of much more successful franchises...

Dream dream dream.....Oh, when I was a youth I remember those giants. Oh what a time that was....

You were a youth in 2011? That was seven years ago. Judging by your multiple references of Jethro Tull, it is highly unlikely you were anywhere near a "youth" the last time the Giants led by Super Bowl MVP and future HOF QB Eli Manning raised the Lombardi trophy...

• Like 1

You were a youth in 2011? That was seven years ago. Judging by your multiple references of Jethro Tull, it is highly unlikely you were anywhere near a "youth" the last time the Giants led by Super Bowl MVP and future HOF QB Eli Manning raised the Lombardi trophy...

I'm more into the present during the season and looking forward to a promising team.

I thought I made only 1 reference to Tull. Hmm. But ok. And if I made a reference to Bach's Double Violin Concerto in D minor does that mean I had to have been around in 1720?

Go ahead and utube it. It's way better than watching the giants.

By your logic you must have hated the Myles Garrett pick if hypothetically you were a browns fan right?

Passed on Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes.

Very next year they drafted Baker, Denzel Ward, and Nick Chubb.

Cant pass up on talent like that just because you need a QB. If anything, the QB position is THE MOST DIFFICULT and RISKIEST.

Youre putting all of the franchises eggs in that QBs basket and for every Patrick Mahomes drafted in the first round theres a JP Losman or Kyle Boller.

Keep bashing the Giants pick as if a QB would put them in any better position this year, AND GOING FORWARD.