JustinCharge

stock talk

Just like in the EdEx, you OFTEN are just a smidge away from picking the winner. 

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I lament not taking a gamble on NIO a few months ago when it was sub 2 dollars. I had it on my portfolio watch list. I did pull the trigger on BYND at the start of the year though. 

im down on my most recent ROKU purchase but may look to add more shares before earnings 

If you’d follow your gut you’d win at everything. 

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Just like in the EdEx, you OFTEN are just a smidge away from picking the winner. 

If you’d follow your gut you’d win at everything. 

You’re a bitter dude. (Or whatever you say to me when you follow me around 🤣)

1. I was such a smidge away from the winner at the farmers that I actually had the winner. 😉

2. my gut was clearly wrong on my recent ROKU purchase.... as I stated. 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

You’re a bitter dude. (Or whatever you say to me when you follow me around 🤣)

1. I was such a smidge away from the winner at the farmers that I actually had the winner. 😉

2. my gut was clearly wrong on my recent ROKU purchase.... as I stated. 

I’m being honest. In many posts you indicate you almost did this or almost did that. If you’d just do, I think you’d be even better off. 

I almost bought Ford at a couple bucks. I almost bought Amazon in 1997, instead I bought lucent. 

I’ve learned, trust your gut. 

15 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I’m being honest. In many posts you indicate you almost did this or almost did that. If you’d just do, I think you’d be even better off. 

I almost bought Ford at a couple bucks. I almost bought Amazon in 1997, instead I bought lucent. 

I’ve learned, trust your gut. 

He could be the anti Kostanza!!!!!! Every instinct is correct.

Whelp I'm taking a beating on BGG not only did those focks miss earnings but they suspended their dividend too.

Focking aholes

44 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Whelp I'm taking a beating on BGG not only did those focks miss earnings but they suspended their dividend too.

Focking aholes

I’m trying to decide if I want to add to my ROKU position before earnings. 

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I’m trying to decide if I want to add to my ROKU position before earnings. 

I don't know much about roku, but I enjoy the service.

3 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Nope and they are laying off people.

Seems like there has been an uptick in mass layoffs lately. Something to keep an eye on. Would make sense seeing that the institutions have finally gotten Joe Retail to buy in. That usually confirms a top & they hold bag for them during what appears to be the onset of a recession. 

Been a long time since I've seen this type of reaction in the markets. It's full blown sell the news.

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Seems like there has been an uptick in mass layoffs lately. Something to keep an eye on. Would make sense seeing that the institutions have finally gotten Joe Retail to buy in. That usually confirms a top & they hold bag for them during what appears to be the onset of a recession. 

Been a long time since I've seen this type of reaction in the markets. It's full blown sell the news.

Could you English that one up? 

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Anyone seen cdub?  VIVO, BGG, XOM and MMM are all down bigly.

I'm loving it!!!! Today I bought

DOW, MMM, RTLR, CAH

Vivo was a bad buy for sure. I rushed to buy got in good. Stock took off and then sank all within 8 hours

BGG royally focked me with dropping their dividend.  My first traunch was at $6.46 the last traunch I bought was $5.14. I'm averaged in at $5.46. I'm going to hold long term. You only lose when you sell, right? Right? :Sad:

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm loving it!!!! Today I bought

DOW, MMM, RTLR, CAH

Vivo was a bad buy for sure. I rushed to buy got in good. Stock took off and then sank all within 8 hours

BGG royally focked me with dropping their dividend.  My first traunch was at $6.46 the last traunch I bought was $5.14. I'm averaged in at $5.46. I'm going to hold long term. You only lose when you sell, right? Right? :Sad:

I bought some MMM and they missed earnings.  Bad time to miss earnings, too.  DOW, MMM and XOM are all long-term plays anyway.  Give it a little bit of time.  

If you've been sitting on the sidelines waiting for a correction I encourage you to take your time deploying your cash. Depending on how much cash you have it should take months to set your position.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I bought some MMM and they missed earnings.  Bad time to miss earnings, too.  DOW, MMM and XOM are all long-term plays anyway.  Give it a little bit of time.  

Totally agree I am holding these stocks forever. 

If you want to get a read on what is going on this adam mancini's twitter is pretty good. He made me $ in TLT over the last couple weeks while the market has floundered.

Seems he uses his twitter as a log of what he is seeing out there in the markets as evidence by his pinned tweet. Quite the idea. He updates often throughout the day. I was following avi gilburt but he failed miserably when he failed to recommend the buy down at 2380 back in Dec 2018. He kept saying it was going to go lower and then you buy. He really blew it.

Right now he's looking at 3200 on the S&P as a bounce. 

https://twitter.com/AdamMancini4 

Looks like the sale is over but there is still value to be had.

Today I bought:

MMM

GLW

WFC

RDS.A

ABBV

O

Bonus for different sector's. My favorite kind of diversity.

Sell sell sell

Everyone is sh1tting on oil. It's like these dummies don't realize consumption of oil has increased y.o.y and oil goes into a sh1t ton of product other than making gas.

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Everyone is sh1tting on oil. It's like these dummies don't realize consumption of oil has increased y.o.y and oil goes into a sh1t ton of product other than making gas.

But it is impacting profits.  XOM is down and I expect it to fall some more before stabilizing.  It will come back, but maybe not soon.  

51 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

But it is impacting profits.  XOM is down and I expect it to fall some more before stabilizing.  It will come back, but maybe not soon.  

True and I'm okay with that. 

27 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

I'm not well versed in how shorting works but Tesla has to be a short position right?

That's a gamble. It's like playing roulette and you want to bet black because red has come up 10 times in a row. Eventually you will be right but you may be wiped out before black comes up.

17 minutes ago, lod001 said:

That's a gamble. It's like playing roulette and you want to bet black because red has come up 10 times in a row. Eventually you will be right but you may be wiped out before black comes up.

Just because of the irrational valuation people are putting on the stock... It seems like the fundimentals are not there for the value 

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

I'm not well versed in how shorting works but Tesla has to be a short position right?

Not necessarily. Also shorting a position is a little more complicated than buying a stock, as you already realize.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Not necessarily. Also shorting a position is a little more complicated than buying a stock, as you already realize.

maybe shorting isnt the right way to buy into a stock you feel is overvalued. I am just not aware of other mechanisms 

8 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

maybe shorting isnt the right way to buy into a stock you feel is overvalued. I am just not aware of other mechanisms 

It's an unnecessary risk IMHO. If you think the stock will pop just wait. 

You can make a ton of cash if you're right though.

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

Just because of the irrational valuation people are putting on the stock... It seems like the fundimentals are not there for the value 

Oh it's gonna come crashing down. Lots of stocks have had this type of momentum run with no basis for it. They all came crashing down. It's the mirror image of the long term run up of a stock that then fails to meet its earnings and comes crashing down immediately and takes years to recover if it even does. happens a lot with drug stocks.

Just look at the yahoo max chart and you can see that this thing is gonna hurt some people and they deserve it, i might add.

TLRY was the last big pump and dump like this and look how it has made people suffer now for a year and a half now. There will be bag holders.

It's gonna bleed off slowly as everyone starts selling for profit and then shorts start piling on. Every fake rally will be met with more selling while bagholders hope the rebound is real but it won't be.

26 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Oh it's gonna come crashing down. Lots of stocks have had this type of momentum run with no basis for it. They all came crashing down. It's the mirror image of the long term run up of a stock that then fails to meet its earnings and comes crashing down immediately and takes years to recover if it even does. happens a lot with drug stocks.

Just look at the yahoo max chart and you can see that this thing is gonna hurt some people and they deserve it, i might add.

TLRY was the last big pump and dump like this and look how it has made people suffer now for a year and a half now. There will be bag holders.

There is a certainly a basis for Tesla stock rising.  Not sure if it should be at the level it is but there have been a string of good economic announcements and developments surrounding Tesla in the last few months. 

19 minutes ago, Strike said:

There is a certainly a basis for Tesla stock rising.  Not sure if it should be at the level it is but there have been a string of good economic announcements and developments surrounding Tesla in the last few months. 

It's the now the second most valuable auto manufacturer behind Toyota I read... How? It's speculation not sales and profits.

9 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

It's the now the second most valuable auto manufacturer behind Toyota I read... How? It's speculation not sales and profits.

There's always some speculation.  But Tesla has had a bunch of "wins" lately.  They are delivering the number of cars they promised, in a sustained fashion.  They've had two consecutive profitable quarters and there is nothing to suggest that won't continue.  Their gigafactory has opened in China.  This is huge.  Their battery partnership with Panasonic just announced it's first profitable quarter.  Your suggestion that it's all just speculation is wrong.  There are quantifiable metrics that should be pushing their stock up.  Whether it should be up this much is debatable but there's no doubt it should be up.

16 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Tesla is way more than a auto manufacturer. You can't look at them through a narrow lense 

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Tesla is way more than a auto manufacturer. You can't look at them through a narrow lense 

That is true