JustinCharge

stock talk

I need to calm down. Killing it right now but almost bought stock in the WWE for the hell of it. Good thing I waited. They lost their CO and CEO over the weekend. Whew! Dodged a bullet. Before that the gains were 224% since 05. There is another wrestling league owned by the Jacksonville Jaguars owner but it's private. That one is killing it right now. Some Pakistani Billionaire. 

2 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

isnt Vince CEO?

Vince is CEO. They had co-Presidents who left a couple of days ago and they are going to be reporting lower than expected revenues. Not a stock I would buy either way

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

isnt Vince CEO?

Vince is of the WWE. I went to the Royal Rumble in Houston just out of stupidity. It blew me away. Sold out, highest crowd ever in the Astros stadium. It was also entertaining. Even my wife enjoyed it and she hates this . That new league thought by the Jacksonville Jaguars owner, that is the one to buy. That one is on fire but it's private for now.

2 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Vince is of the WWE. I went to the Royal Rumble in Houston just out of stupidity. It blew me away. Sold out, highest crowd ever in the Astros stadium. It was also entertaining. Even my wife enjoyed it and she hates this . That new league thought by the Jacksonville Jaguars owner, that is the one to buy. That one is on fire but it's private for now.

is it AEW?

1 minute ago, bandrus1 said:

is it AEW?

Yes. That one. Ratings are thru the roof. I was going to buy it for fun. I'll find something else...meh. This is play money for me. Not betting my retirement on AEW.

13 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Yes. That one. Ratings are thru the roof. I was going to buy it for fun. I'll find something else...meh. This is play money for me. Not betting my retirement on AEW.

While I appreciate your handle, investing in pro wrestling is probably not going to get you rich. 

I was looking for something today and nothing caught my eye.

If LEG drops a little more I could add to my position.

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

While I appreciate your handle, investing in pro wrestling is probably not going to get you rich. 

I'm  already doing well. As stated this is for fun and I am on a site for entertainment am I not? If you want real advice on long , long term investments are you really going to get it here. I seriously doubt it. Not without checking with someone first.

3 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I'm  already doing well. As stated this is for fun and I am on a site for entertainment am I not? If you want real advice on long , long term investments are you really going to get it here. I seriously doubt it. Not without checking with someone first.

Shows what you know dummy. We are all billionaire playboy geniuses rocking 15in c0cks. How the fock did you get here?

16 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It could get him kayfabe rich.  🤔

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Shows what you know dummy. We are all billionaire playboy geniuses rocking 15in c0cks. How the fock did you get here?

The hard freakin way is all I can say. I have some play money now and want to have fun. Another company I think is about to kill it is McCormick. They just came out with that Old Bay hot sauce. Stuff immediately sold out. How much longer before every freakin wing franchise starts offering Old Bay wings. It won't take long. Stuff is awesome. Don't believe me, try some Bigs Old Bay sunflower seeds.

6 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

The hard freakin way is all I can say. I have some play money now and want to have fun. Another company I think is about to kill it is McCormick. They just came out with that Old Bay hot sauce. Stuff immediately sold out. How much longer before every freakin wing franchise starts offering Old Bay wings. It won't take long. Stuff is awesome. Don't believe me, try some Bigs Old Bay sunflower seeds.

MKC is a good stock and I've looked into it, but the dividend yield isn't enough for my portfolio. 

It also holds up well during economic downturns. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Nice try digby

30 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

You can just play with the kids then. My son has a class where they have play money to invest for a month. They have a little contest, but they have no clue that it is a marathon, not a sprint. The teacher is one of his football coaches. 

I told my son to play a coronavirus portfolio. Load up on gold for the apocalypse. Go marijuana stock for people who will have to deal with 2 week quarantines. And go for Dow or DuPont for hazmat stuff. Then explain the approach as part of a presentation.

Not what I would do in real life, but more fun than supporting Shad Khan’s son’s dream. :lol:

BTW - the geek club is just a fun hangout for rich dudes with supermodel wives.

8 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Nice try digby

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You can just play with the kids then. My son has a class where they have play money to invest for a month. They have a little contest, but they have no clue that it is a marathon, not a sprint. The teacher is one of his football coaches. 

I told my son to play a coronavirus portfolio. Load up on gold for the apocalypse. Go marijuana stock for people who will have to deal with 2 week quarantines. And go for Dow or DuPont for hazmat stuff. Then explain the approach as part of a presentation.

Not what I would do in real life, but more fun than supporting Shad Khan’s son’s dream. :lol:

BTW - the geek club is just a fun hangout for rich dudes with supermodel wives.

LOL. I do believe McCormick will do very well. I never invest in anything I don't have full confidence in. I will say, that WWE crowd in Houston blew me away. Highest attendance of all time in that stadium. Out sold every Astros game of all time and Taylor Swift. It was impressive. Viable? Probably not but it was nothing to joke about. They made millions in a matter of hours. 

I've watched the market on a daily basis for a long time.  It gives me a *feel* for what's going on. 

What happened today was bearish (short to mid term) activity.  When the market is hanging out at or near all time highs for a while and then you get his BIG drop of significance for 1 day, that's what I like to call an "initiation thrust" of a correction of some magnitude that lasts weeks to months.  I've seen that a lot.  This is actually the setup for the rare waterfall events where the market plunges day and day for a week.  Before you panic, this isn't a guarantee.  Its just that the probability of a correction *immediately* is pretty high. 

I wouldn't buy this at all. 

Sometimes these are one day drops and it stabilizes and rebounds.  But oftentimes this is where you get hurt by buying. 

The discount I like to buy is when the market goes crazy and drops by a huge percentage over weeks.  And then down around the bottom you see  the turn and get in.  These one day things are to be avoided.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, riversco said:

I've watched the market on a daily basis for a long time.  It gives me a *feel* for what's going on. 

What happened today was bearish (short to mid term) activity.  When the market is hanging out at or near all time highs for a while and then you get his BIG drop of significance for 1 day, that's what I like to call an "initiation thrust" of a correction of some magnitude that lasts weeks to months.  I've seen that a lot.  This is actually the setup for the rare waterfall events where the market plunges day and day for a week.  Before you panic, this isn't a guarantee.  Its just that the probability of a correction *immediately* is pretty high. 

I wouldn't buy this at all. 

Sometimes these are one day drops and it stabilizes and rebounds.  But oftentimes this is where you get hurt by buying. 

The discount I like to buy is when the market goes crazy and drops by a huge percentage over weeks.  And then down around the bottom you see  the turn and get in.  These one day things are to be avoided.

So, do you have any data to back up what you have seen?  Examples of when this happened and when it didn't?

I think that we will see a bump in the opening and then it will drop some more until people feel comfortable that the coronavirus issue won't further erode any growth.  China's market was iffy even before and this virus has hurt their economy in the short-term.  I think that it will affect the global economy and a correction from these historic highs are inevitable. 

What people need to realize is that a one-day drop of 3% isn't really that much.  It could easily be a 20% drop over a period of time.  It could end up being 25%.  It could be nothing.  There is nothing wrong with buying today because stocks will eventually come back up to prior levels.  What people have to be wary of is thinking that you can time it right and going "all-in" at a particular time. If you are steadily investing, you will end up better in the long run than trying to hit the home runs.

My friend's father died last year and left her about 30 gold coins. Looks like spot is at about 7 year highs. Sell off or watch for a market correction / election results?

23 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

So, do you have any data to back up what you have seen?  Examples of when this happened and when it didn't?

I could probably look back and see it, but its just a "feel' I get from watching every day for years. 

23 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

My friend's father died last year and left her about 30 gold coins. Looks like spot is at about 7 year highs. Sell off or watch for a market correction / election results?

The gold market is currently on a bull run.  Unfortunately, the chart can't even turn bearish unless it drops *significantly* from here.  If you bought gold today and wanted to hold until the chart broke down, your risk is very large.  At the same time, there is no particular reason to sell because gold is on a bull run and it could run for a while. 

The bottom line is gold is doing fantastic. 

I expect another dip today, a slight bump tomorrow and another dip on Friday.  Once we get to things being down by 20%, it will level off until the coronavirus gets stabilized.  Maybe jump in during March and look to a steady increase starting April/May.  :dunno:

I'll let you know when I buy.  Still staying the hell away from this for now.  I'll tell you what.  If SPY decides to fall under 300 tomorrow, I'll consider buying.  Consider.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, riversco said:

Bought a bunch of TNA today. Average cost $46.30.  Thank you.

I wanted to apologize to you for TNA tanking.  It's because I bought some the last time you mentioned it.  :(

Remember, true recessions always start with all major indicators going bad *first*, with the last thing going bad being stocks.    Stocks are going bad with the rest of the economy not on a recession footing, so you know its fake.   

My interest is not buying the low, but buying at a severe discount and holding for the long term because i know itll rebound.  Today, TNA Trades at $36 with is far below the price i bought but even the price i bought is way under the highs, so its fine.   Good trading is about buying way under the highs.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:09 PM, riversco said:

Bought a bunch of TNA today. Average cost $46.30.  Thank you.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:49 PM, Mookz said:

I wanted to apologize to you for TNA tanking.  It's because I bought some the last time you mentioned it.  :(

Looks like our TNA is starting to budge a little.  :thumbsup:

Hard to believe it was pushing $80 just recently.  🤔

My chart work says the next leg down is imminent.  Could start as early as today May 21st.  Looking like another "crash" (using the term loosely).  Looking for SPY to head back down to the 220 range over the next month.  Might even go lower.

7 hours ago, riversco said:

My chart work says the next leg down is imminent.  Could start as early as today May 21st.  Looking like another "crash" (using the term loosely).  Looking for SPY to head back down to the 220 range over the next month.  Might even go lower.

Are you selling?

On 2/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Uhh.....that makes no sense. 

At one point it was in 20s...

Later it was in 90s. 

Very well coulda made a guy rich. 

Kinda like most stocks.  Coulda.

52 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Uhh.....that makes no sense. 

At one point it was in 20s...

Later it was in 90s. 

Very well coulda made a guy rich. 

Kinda like most stocks.  Coulda.

Rich? Turn a good profit, maybe, but not rich.

12 hours ago, riversco said:

Disagree. Market is about to shoot to the moon.

5 hours ago, Mookz said:

Are you selling?

Yah I did a lot of selling and am loaded up to buy a lower prices.

Watch this.  If this is the start of the drop, there will be some major news story that breaks in the next week and it'll be used as the reason.  But its actually technical.  The chart says we need to drop now.

Tradingview is popping sell signals all over the place.  Those have a high probability of working, however it can take 1-2 weeks sometimes.

Stocks are saying I am not correct in my immediate prediction of a drop, as they are breaking out of trading ranges which usually means the stocks are going higher short term.

Most likely scenario now is a drop from higher point on the chart.

On 5/21/2020 at 4:11 PM, riversco said:

Watch this.  If this is the start of the drop, there will be some major news story that breaks in the next week and it'll be used as the reason.  But its actually technical.  The chart says we need to drop now.

Well here it is.  The major news event will be the riots and protests.  We'll get this drop most likely but it actually was already cooked into the chart, as I said.

9 hours ago, riversco said:

Well here it is.  The major news event will be the riots and protests.  We'll get this drop most likely but it actually was already cooked into the chart, as I said.

The charts I've seen using historical "like" data predict years of huge growth. In these "like" scenarios the market increased year over year 100% of the time for up to 5 years.

Maybe it's time you use different analysis methods. Get on this green train of fat gainz.

Here is the weekly preview from tradesight.  Amazing how it fired off sell signals all over the place a week ago just before the riots.  And this is actually normal.  The sell signals come in, and THEN a major news story breaks that people will blame for the selloff.  Stock futures are not collapsing however.  So monday will be interesting to say the least.