Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Matt Nagy

Thanks for being a pvssy and not trying to get closer. What a dumb ass. I hate conservative play calling. Fire him and hire a coach with some balls

Oh no. He is a genius of squirrelly play calls. He stays! J/K. I hate watching the bears play. They appear to be up a creek whenever they cant trick somebody.

Offense looked OK. A defense that didn't get a sack, let Frank Gore's skeleton roll up 100yds and whiffed on TWO huge TD plays -- that was inexcusable, today.

I am wondering if Tanny was even truly hurt. They may need to just roll with Brock and Old Geezy.

I hope Howard gets sent elsewhere...Philly is fine. That way the Bears can sack up and just go with Cunningham and Cohen.

What did the coach do to lose this game?

I saw Howard fumble at the one and Parkey miss a FG to win it in OT.

What did HC do wrong?

What did the coach do to lose this game?

I saw Howard fumble at the one and Parkey miss a FG to win it in OT.

What did HC do wrong?

For one, his defense let up 31 points to Brock Osweiler. He did not have them ready to play. For two, he ended the game being a pvssy and not trying harder to get into position for either an easier fg or a td.

People act like being aggressive loses games when the result isn't a win. Except in reality I bet teams lose more often by trying to sit on a lead or just play to not make mistakes.

Even if Parkey makes that fg, the Dolphins have enough time to get a fg themselves. Nagy took away his biggest weapon, Trubisky, once they crossed into Miami territory. At least roll him out on 3rd down. Use the sideline to throw away a pass if no one is open, but also give him an opportunity to take off.

Playing conservative is for coaches who are afraid to lose their job and pre 2000s teams.

• Like 1

If Parkey makes that FG the game is over genius

So you can't grasp that the coach didn't really try to get the offense closer? He played too conservative when he should have passed the ball on 3rd down? Wow, that takes some special stupid.

I agree that he should have tried to get closer. But you said that even if Parkey made the FG the Bears head enough time to get a FG themselves. Which is incorrect since they already had the ball first in OT. So if Parkey hit the FG the game would have been over. Which makes you a special kind of genius...

I didn’t watch the game, but Nagy has done wonders for this offense, which I’m sure you know, was pretty anemic last year and early on. Maybe he could have been more bold on that one third down play you are referencing, but if you are just upset at one play, that ain’t too shabby.

I know you blame him for the defense not being prepared but was it the coach’s Fault no one properly tackled Wilson on both of his long tds?

• Like 1

Coming out of the bye week we should have been better prepared on both sides of the ball.

Silly penalties on offense and abysmal tackling on defense is absolutely on Nagy. Fkn Osweiler beat us? Are you fkn kidding me?

Ultimately we deserved to lose this game. It's a process; learning how to win & close out games. Both team and coach are learning as they go this year.

Whereas I am very happy with the direction we're going, today was tough to watch.

IIRC Andy Reid has a ridiculous win % coming off a bye week. It's one of the traits I'd hoped Nagy would imitate.

• Like 1

Wow. This Bears team is starting to finally look good for the first time in years, and the QB they drafted is coming around and looking very promising. The coach is doing a great job of getting him to where he is now, considering that tool that ran the team last year. And now, because a couple of you lost your rent money you are going to go crazy on the head coach? Many team defenses have off days. Look at the Jaguars yesterday.

Jeez, if the Bears beat NE next week (and I am not yet predicting they will) you doubters would all be lined up to suck Nagy's dlick with joy of tears in your eyes..

Just cool out and give this coach a chance.

• Like 2

This year is all about getting Trubisky up to speed. It's not about their win/loss record. They will probably win more games than most of us thought they would.

Haha...fire Nagy? You're just telling a bad joke, correct? Hes a rookie coach who will make mistakes, but a pro kicker who made 91% of his kicks last year should make that kick! It was a conservative call, but Howard gashed that D for 35 yards on his previous 2 runs. Trubisky wouldn't be doing what hes doing without Nagy.

Haha...fire Nagy? You're just telling a bad joke, correct? Hes a rookie coach who will make mistakes, but a pro kicker who made 91% of his kicks last year should make that kick! It was a conservative call, but Howard gashed that D for 35 yards on his previous 2 runs. Trubisky wouldn't be doing what hes doing without Nagy.

Nagy isn't a rookie coach overall. He screwed KC last year by being a puss in the playoffs and backing off the Titans. It's just the way he is. He will be a solid coach, but the Bears will win in spite of his scared play calling if they do win a SB

He is a rookie head coach. That is a huge step up from offensive coordinator of an Andy Reid team. He was the KC coordinator for 2 years and didnt call plays until partway through last season, and the Chiefs numbers exploded. Saying that he's going to be a conservative coach his entire career after part of a year calling plays and 5 games as a head coach is silly! He's every bit as raw of a coach as Trubisky is a QB! The head coach will, and should, take the blame for losses, but we all know that Fangio is completely in charge of the defense and he dropped the ball big time. Nagy has to sit down with him and figure that out.

He is a rookie head coach. That is a huge step up from offensive coordinator.

Agreed. Glad the Bears have him.

Sadly, the bears are no closer to a suoerbowl than they were before Trubitsky, Nagy and Mack. Just no draft picks is all.

Sadly, the bears are no closer to a suoerbowl than they were before Trubitsky, Nagy and Mack. Just no draft picks is all.

troubadour. ☺☺☺ phag

Bears are in dire need of a big play maker at WR, Robinson cannot be a WR1. Nagy should have dialed up some pass plays in the last drive, weak, weak weak. The should be undefeated, they should have kept it going in Green Bay and not played to lose as well as at Miami.

Really, I thought we covered that about Robinson going into the season.

Come on man.

Silly penalties on offense and abysmal tackling on defense is absolutely on Nagy.

Could not disagree more with this statement.

The thing I didn't like about the Bears in that game was that Osweiller had 44 pass attempts, and not 1 sack against. Noone picked up for Mack after he got hurt. That said, this team and head coach are still a work in progress. There were zero expectations for them to be a contender this year. I like what they have moving forward and they will know what they need to add by the end of this season.

Personally, I wouldn't overreact. This team is exceeding expectations already IMHO. They were a HORRIBLE team last year all around...players and coaching. This is year 1...a couple of games under our belt. There are a lot of new players on the team and they are learning a new system...from a new head coach. That being said...they look a ton better than last year.

As cliche as it sounds, they need to learn how to win... they have the tools and the talent, they just need the mentality as they have been bottom dwellers for a while. I think they make a big jump next year.

The only hope is that Nagy learns and actually adapts. Most of the time coaches refuse to adapt, so odds are he will not either. I hope he bucks that trend though

Will he be back for week 7 ? (i'm too lazy to look)

He played through it on Sunday, but was not at full strength. Bears said they needed a couple days before they give him an MRI or xray or whatever. That's a sign he had some heavy swelling in his ankle having to wait that long. So, don't know.

Could not disagree more with this statement.

Appreciate your perspective. Would you say those penalties and bad tackling were on the OC & DC then?

Appreciate your perspective. Would you say those penalties and bad tackling were on the OC & DC then?

I think he probably means that players have to be held responsible for not making tackles. It's not like Nagy forgot to remind them to tackle the other teams players when they are running with the ball. It's not like they have been bad all year.

• Like 1

I think he probably means that players have to be held responsible for not making tackles. It's not like Nagy forgot to remind them to tackle the other teams players when they are running with the ball. It's not like they have been bad all year.

If this wasn't after a bye then I would put less blame on Nagy. The fact is he either let his team look past the Dolphins for the Pats, or he just flat out didn't prepare them properly coming out of the week off. If the players looked past the Dolphins, then that's a massive indictment on the coaches, especially Nagy. The Bears are nowhere near good enough to look past any team. I don't get why that happens in this league still after all these years of proving why it's dangerous

If this wasn't after a bye then I would put less blame on Nagy. The fact is he either let his team look past the Dolphins for the Pats, or he just flat out didn't prepare them properly coming out of the week off. If the players looked past the Dolphins, then that's a massive indictment on the coaches, especially Nagy. The Bears are nowhere near good enough to look past any team. I don't get why that happens in this league still after all these years of proving why it's dangerous

We had two turnovers in the endzone. Get those two scores, and maybe don't let MIA get 50+ yards on a damn WR screen...TWICE... and we aren't even having this conversation. The Bears came ready to play and win. All this hand-wringing over nothing...