Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

***Official*** NBA 2018 / 2019 Thread

As far as the East goes.......

If the Sixers can gel, they could overwhelm with talent, but I don't trust their coach.... I love the Bucks and Raptors, but those 2 superstars (as amazing as they are) haven't shown me they have multiple ways to dominate in crunch time yet, which is the most important thing in playoff basketball in my opinion......Boston looks like they are falling apart, but I am a Brad Stevens guy. Meaning that with 2 days between games and a repetitive opponent, I think he will figure it out. They also have the clutch scorer, even if they lack chemistry. I predict Boston gets out of the East.

Also as a Mavs homer......Goddamnn Luka. I can't believe what a home run we hit. I'm not saying he is Lebron, but his teenage numbers are only challenged by Lebron really and I give Luka the edge. Coming from Europe, not quite apples to apples though.

Dallas has traded away their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th leading scorers. On paper, they should start losing, as they get to keep their 1st rounder of it's top 5. And with Luka and Kristap, they are unlikely to have a chance at a high pick again in the next decade (assuming health and those guys staying, etc).....But Luka may be too damn good to let them lose enough games to have any hope of keeping the pick.

Behind the scenes, I'm guessing the Boston decision makers hope they just miss out on Irving.  You max a ball dominant guard with an injury history, I'd be worried.  Kyrie will always be an issue on defense and they seem to move the ball better without him.  The young studs need more PT.

Who knows though, they may go all out for AD and max Kyrie, while shipping out everybody else.

:dunno:

15 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Also as a Mavs homer......Goddamnn Luka. I can't believe what a home run we hit. I'm not saying he is Lebron, but his teenage numbers are only challenged by Lebron really and I give Luka the edge. Coming from Europe, not quite apples to apples though.

Dallas has traded away their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th leading scorers. On paper, they should start losing, as they get to keep their 1st rounder of it's top 5. And with Luka and Kristap, they are unlikely to have a chance at a high pick again in the next decade (assuming health and those guys staying, etc).....But Luka may be too damn good to let them lose enough games to have any hope of keeping the pick.

I really hate they traded Barnes.  Black Falcon is one of my favorite players and I thought he'd be a perfect mid range scorer between the two Luka and Kristap.   I really enjoy Luka and Porzingas, Dallas will be fun to watch.  :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I was wrong on Luka, can't believe he is this good this early.

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I really hate they traded Barnes.  Black Falcon is one of my favorite players and I thought he'd be a perfect mid range scorer between the two Luka and Kristap.   I really enjoy Luka and Porzingas, Dallas will be fun to watch.  :thumbsup:

I liked Barnes and was somewhat mixed on that move. Great guy in the community and locker room. He delivered in terms of what I expected when we signed him, but others seemed to be expecting more I guess. He shoots the spot up 3 very well, and in isolation can get a decent shot off late in the clock....but he is somewhat of a ball stopper. Once he starts dribbling, he is forcing a shot up. It isn't ideal for Rick Carlisle's offense.

I suppose I see the trade as one that could easily fail short term, in that you won't be able to sign anyone better this off season with his money. That's my bet actually.....But long term you didn't risk much as he was likely gone after next season anyway. And if you are able to sign someone this off season that fits, it worked.  Who? Based on what I know, I'd love Malcom Brogdon. I imagine the Bucks aren't going to let anyone go, but they are small market, are about to have cap issues, and have to resign Khris Middleton to a big number, so maybe they can't afford to pay Brogdon $20m. Unsure. Liked Barnes a lot though. Hoping the Kings make the playoffs with him.

27 minutes ago, Reality said:

I was wrong on Luka, can't believe he is this good this early.

Statistically, he has been arguably the best clutch player in the league this season. I think he has hit more shots to take a lead in the last 2 minutes of games than anyone, and is shooting like 57% in those situations.

It seems a bit stupid for this to be the case when he is a 19 year old rookie.

2 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Statistically, he has been arguably the best clutch player in the league this season. I think he has hit more shots to take a lead in the last 2 minutes of games than anyone, and is shooting like 57% in those situations.

It seems a bit stupid for this to be the case when he is a 19 year old rookie.

I thought his lack of explosive athleticism would be an issue, i saw a bit of that during the preseason with getting his shot off against superior athletes.  He has adjusted beautifully, he understands how to gain space to get his shot off.  The kid has the type of game that will make him a great scorer for the next 15 years..  I couldn't be more impressed with him, 19 year old kids aren't supposed to understand NBA nuances the way he already does.

You guys got a good one, still not sure what Atlanta was thinking, i wouldn't be surprised if Trae Young was out of the league in 5 years. 

Lakers now 29-30, 3 full games behind the Spurs for the final playoff spot. I would love to see LeBron miss Leplayoffs.

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

Lakers now 29-30, 3 full games behind the Spurs for the final playoff spot. I would love to see LeBron miss Leplayoffs.

Going to LA was a huge mistake for him.  LeBron should have focused on basketball and stayed in Cleveland.  

I truly think Basketball is secondary to him now.  He is more concerned with movies, shows, the whole Hollywood stuff.

Ugh.

27 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Going to LA was a huge mistake for him.  LeBron should have focused on basketball and stayed in Cleveland.  

I truly think Basketball is secondary to him now.  He is more concerned with movies, shows, the whole Hollywood stuff.

Ugh.

I will admit to a little schadenfreude here. In hindsight I am so glad he didn’t want to come to Philly.

On 2/7/2019 at 3:32 PM, Reality said:

So, if the Lakers got a do over....

What a focking disaster.

What a focking sh!t show.

On 2/13/2019 at 9:48 AM, cbfalcon said:

As far as the East goes.......

If the Sixers can gel, they could overwhelm with talent, but I don't trust their coach.... I love the Bucks and Raptors, but those 2 superstars (as amazing as they are) haven't shown me they have multiple ways to dominate in crunch time yet, which is the most important thing in playoff basketball in my opinion......Boston looks like they are falling apart, but I am a Brad Stevens guy. Meaning that with 2 days between games and a repetitive opponent, I think he will figure it out. They also have the clutch scorer, even if they lack chemistry. I predict Boston gets out of the East.

I actually like Boston in the east but not are what you mean by 2 superstars who haven't shown multiple ways to dominate. Leonard has proven himself many times over.

Still I will take the veteran presence of Horford, athleticism of Smart, Tatum, etc.... and a finals champ and finisher in Kyrie if forced to wager on it.

On 2/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, Reality said:

i wouldn't be surprised if Trae Young was out of the league in 5 years. 

Yeah I'll take the over on 5 years :D

On 2/13/2019 at 10:09 AM, KSB2424 said:

Porzingas is a baby back biiitch

Dirk's (more than likely) last Mavs home game 2nite.

I'm sitting at home and got teary eyed - damn... There aren't enuff adjectives in the English language to properly articulate #41's greatness as a player yes, but even more importantly as a human being and icon to this city.

Dirk joins Staubach as co-Kings of the DFW sports mountain.  

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Yeah I'll take the over on 5 years :D

To be fair you’re also the guy who said Joel Embiid is Greg Oden 2.0. :lol:

39 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I'm sitting at home and got teary eyed - damn... There aren't enuff adjectives in the English language to properly articulate #41's greatness as a player yes, but even more importantly as a human being and icon to this city.

and Rotoworld jacks up his final rundown

Dirk Nowitzki scored 26 points (11-of-31 FG, 3-of-3 FTs) with eight rebounds, three assists, one block and five 3-pointers in 33 minutes against the Suns on Tuesday.

This was Dirk's first 30-point game in over three years, which is a fitting way for his final game in Dallas to transpire. He hasn't officially stated that this will be his final season, but everything is pointing to it. He was greeted by hundreds of arena employees when he arrived for the game (linked below), largely because he wanted to thank all of them. Dirk's legend will live on in Dallas long after his playing career ends.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MDC said:

To be fair you’re also the guy who said Joel Embiid is Greg Oden 2.0. :lol:

im glad he didn't turn out to be but I mean, he did miss his entire first season with a foot issue no? and then missed more time after. It seemed eerily similar. 

13 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I teared up a time or two....and again this morning watching and reading more.

Obviously his skills and accomplishments are the vehicle that presented him to us for so long, but the reason it is affecting me (and you and everyone else) so much is because of the type of person he is.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

because of the type of person he is.

German?

21 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

German?

I think he means white.

Good luck, MDC.

You guys should win but I think it might be a 6 game series.

6 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Good luck, MDC.

You guys should win but I think it might be a 6 game series.

Could be. I think Philly is far better but only if Embiid is healthy. Nets are an exciting young team.

Turned over to the Sixers game during a Master's commercial...

😂😂

Focking Sixers, always good for a quick giggle.

Pistons backed their way into the playoffs. Enjoy getting swept.