Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

12 hours ago, Big Guy said:

even though the we all already went over this issue, I'd like to add this to the pile

My sentiments exactly. That being said, it was the Cowboys getting the calls today. The refs just suck. 

38 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Something special about the 2019 Bills.  I hope they upset the Ravens in the playoffs, if they end up playing. 

They look good.  They get the Pats again on 12/21.  

Only lost by 6 last time.  Should be a good divisional game.  

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 9:49 AM, Cruzer said:

* Dallas kicker will cost this team at least 1, if not 2 to 3 games this year.

I wouldn't say he's "cost" this team any wins - but he's sucked beyond measure and we were dead on about him.

Well Cowboys fans, even the most blind/faithful Kool Aid drinking homers have to see the writing on the wall now.. I'm only shocked that it's taken this long.... That being said, hats off to BUF - they have a little something working there,  makings of a good team. 

* Red is gone, out of here. He'll finish the year, but he's gone.

* The new HC will be an offensive minded guy - bank it.

* The Zeke contract, Dak's upcoming contract, Coopers's upcoming contract, the over paid line - this team is about to be in Cap mismanagement hell once again soon.

* This is all 100% Jerry's fault - he's the one who's kept Red here, should have been gone years ago. 

* After Jerry does his song and dance, at the end of the day - nothing will have really changed. He'll still (wrongly) believe Zeke can run him to a title, he'll still under value and ignore the defensive tackle position, he'll still ignore and under value the safety position, he'll still want to control what his new HC does..............and in 5 years, we'll be having this same conversation about the new guy. 

14 hours ago, vuduchile said:

It’s already ruined

From my outsider perspective it seems like Dallas is a lot more talented than their record. As a fan do you feel like they could make the postseason, get hit at the right time and make a run?

I know the Eagles don’t have it. The ceiling for them is probably the same as last year: Squeak in and maybe get a win on WC weekend. Dallas seems to be better than that but I only see them 3-4 times a year.

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

From my outsider perspective it seems like Dallas is a lot more talented than their record. As a fan do you feel like they could make the postseason, get hit at the right time and make a run?

I know the Eagles don’t have it. The ceiling for them is probably the same as last year: Squeak in and maybe get a win on WC weekend. Dallas seems to be better than that but I only see them 3-4 times a year.

No, I don’t.  Saints, 9ers, Hawks, Packers and Vikes are all superior teams.  I don’t see the Cowboys beating any of them in the playoffs   Especially not on the road   

Talent is there on offense but they’re still way too inconsistent.  Anyone saying Dak is having an MVP type season isn’t watching closely.   They’re probably just looking at overall stats.  

But the defense is the bigger problem. Their pass rush is ok,  but they can’t stop the run and can’t get off the field on 3rd down. 

The slow starts are also a big problem. They’re constantly playing from behind and they struggle to put teams away when they should.  No killer instinct, if you will.  

Easiest money line in my history of betting.  Buffalo minus 6.5 :lol:  +240 money line

I'm by no means suggesting Dak is equal to L. Jax - but Dak is still a threat and major force when he runs.

I will never understand why this team refuses to not only turn him loose - but make his legs part of game plan.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

The 8-8 cowboys are going to host a 12-4 team on wildcard weekend

And get drilled.

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

And get drilled.

I disagree......IF they win the division and back into the playoffs, this team will be quite dangerous.

22 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I disagree......IF they win the division and back into the playoffs, this team will be quite dangerous.

IF they beat NO...

IF they beat GB...

IF they beat MINN...

IF they beat BUF...

IF they beat NE...

IF 125 different things fall into place, and IF Jupiter and Saturn line up just right, and IF the polar caps slow their rate of melting, and IF the barometric pressure maintains above 30.03, and IF Jason Garrett gets abducted by aliens and disappears and IF Jerry, Jr. can find his other lucky sock - then yes, watch out for this team.

Gawd bless ya BG, I admire your optimism.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

IF they beat NO...

IF they beat GB...

IF they beat MINN...

IF they beat BUF...

IF they beat NE...

IF 125 different things fall into place, and IF Jupiter and Saturn line up just right, and IF the polar caps slow their rate of melting, and IF the barometric pressure maintains above 30.03, and IF Jason Garrett gets abducted by aliens and disappears and IF Jerry, Jr. can find his other lucky sock - then yes, watch out for this team.

Gawd bless ya BG, I admire your optimism.

:doublethumbsup:

3 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

The Giants ran the table twice in the post season in recent years, with a schittier team than Dallas currently has.

This is true.  But they had better coaching. 

I'm a bit late on this....

this needs to be here....

Assuming DAL hangs on to win the East - they will (more than likely) host either SEA or SF.

I'm sure they'll be shaking in their boots.  :lol:

On 12/2/2019 at 9:53 AM, Big Guy said:

The only teams Dallas beat outside of their division are Miami and Detroit. Who do you think they can beat in round one at home?

56 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The only teams Dallas beat outside of their division are Miami and Detroit. Who do you think they can beat in round one at home?

Dallas is quite talented & quite dangerous.......it doesn't matter who they've struggled with. They're also quite mental, if they they eventually believe in themselves, they can overcome their problems. 

49 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Dallas is quite talented & quite dangerous.......it doesn't matter who they've struggled with. They're also quite mental, if they they eventually believe in themselves, they can overcome their problems.  

Maybe they should fire Garrett and hire Dr. Phil? 

• Haha 1

The atmosphere around Dallas is bi-polar. The wins are treated like the Super Bowl and the losses are treated like the Super Bowl. Zero context surrounding them. I feel the negativity after a close, hard fought loss on the road in conditions to New England hurt them a few days later against Buffalo. 

17 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Amazingly, you are not alone my friend. The airways and social media are full of diehard'ers who still (also) believe this team can take off on some kind of magical run.

Never mind this team hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record, never mind this team is 0-5 against playoff teams, never mind this team is (-4) in turnovers, never mind this team can't stop the run, never mind this team can't cover anyone, never mind this team can't run the ball anymore, never mind Zeke has rushed for 100 yards against a winning team yet, never mind we have this shiitiest FG kicker in the land, never mind we've a HC who's on his way out..............in spite of all of this - there are those that still believe. 

Crazy Ray would be proud. :D

9 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Amazingly, you are not alone my friend. The airways and social media are full of diehard'ers who still (also) believe this team can take off on some kind of magical run.

Never mind this team hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record, never mind this team is 0-5 against playoff teams, never mind this team is (-4) in turnovers, never mind this team can't stop the run, never mind this team can't cover anyone, never mind this team can't run the ball anymore, never mind Zeke has rushed for 100 yards against a winning team yet, never mind we have this shiitiest FG kicker in the land, never mind we've a HC who's on his way out..............in spite of all of this - there are those that still believe. 

It's because they're mental I tell ya! lol

14 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

The 2011 Giants beat one team with a winning record (Patriots) in the regular season. Won the division at 9-7. Keep hope alive. You get in the tournament, have one home game and next thing you know you're in the final four. 

28 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

It's because they're mental I tell ya! lol

Def agree....... Did you hear Aikman's comments? He said (paraphrasing), "3 playoff wins in 25 years? I'm not sure just changing the coach will fix anything. That problem starts at the top." ............. And he's dead on. I've been saying for a while now, part of the problem is Garrett yes - but it's bigger than that. The problem here is systemic - and it does go all the way to the top.

* Jerry undervalues the DT and SAF positions - always has, always will.

* Jerry is stuck in the 90's. He still believes Emmitt can run him to titles, when in fact the RB position is more of an accessory now.

* Jerry is reputation, not results based.

* Jerry is too close to his players, sees them as friends instead of commodities... Do you think BB lets 37 year old Witten come back from out of the booth?

* Jerry focked up in giving Zeke $90m.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The 2011 Giants beat one team with a winning record (Patriots) in the regular season. Won the division at 9-7. Keep hope alive. You get in the tournament, have one home game and next thing you know you're in the final four. 

People need to stop trying to compare that Giants team to this Cowboys team - they're nothing alike.

That Giants team had:

*  A SB winning, very successful, highly respected HC

* A playoff tested, SB winning MVP QB

* Playoff experienced, battle tested, SB winning players on both sides of the ball

* Leadership

This Cowboys team has none of that. Newly acquired Michael Bennett had to be the one to stand up in the locker room, call out players after the Bills loss... That's just pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

People need to stop trying to compare that Giants team to this Cowboys team - they're nothing alike.

That Giants team had:

* A SB MVP, playoff tested QB

* Playoff experienced, battle tested, SB winning players on both sides of the ball

* Leadership

This Cowboys team has none of that. Newly acquired Michael Bennett had to be the one to stand up in the locker room, call out players after the Bills loss... That's just pathetic. 

Fair points. Justin Tuck and Chris Canty were great leaders on that team. Maybe I'm overly impressed with the Cowboys, but I think they have the pieces to do some damage. Red needs to stop panicking and getting away from the run so fast. It's tempting because Dak can move the ball. But it hurts the defense in the long run. He needs to manage for both sides of the ball. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fair points. Justin Tuck and Chris Canty were great leaders on that team. Maybe I'm overly impressed with the Cowboys, but I think they have the pieces to do some damage. Red needs to stop panicking and getting away from the run so fast. It's tempting because Dak can move the ball. But it hurts the defense in the long run. He needs to manage for both sides of the ball. 

Ugh, Chris Canty... I understood the financial reasons but FFS, 6'7" DEs who can play just don't grown on trees... I did not want to see him go. 

Jerry didn't want to pay Canty and it was a blunder that would come back to bite him in the ass.

20 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

That Giants team had:

* A playoff tested, SB winning MVP QB

* Leadership

Did he manage to make any false racial claims during the pep talk?  Can't let them evil white men Josh Allen and Cole Beasley oppress them. 

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Ugh, Chris Canty... I understood the financial reasons but FFS, 6'7" DEs who can play just don't grown on trees... I did not want to see him go. 

Jerry didn't want to pay Canty and it was a blunder that would come back to bite him in the ass.

Canty, Tuck, JPP and Osi. Like Brady said, it's like throwing into a Forrest. 

9 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Just like Reese letting Linval Joseph walk. And he said he would have taken less than Minnesota offered. Been trying to replace him ever since. Huge blunder. 

12 minutes ago, DonS said:

Did he manage to make any false racial claims during the pep talk?  Can't let them evil white men Josh Allen and Cole Beasley oppress them. 

Ha, not that I'm aware of... But I would not be shocked if he did. :D

Just now, Cruzer said:

Ha, not that I'm aware of... But I would not be shocked if he did. :D

He could've blamed their own token whitey Maher for missing on purpose.  He was obviously in cohoots with the NFL to keep him and his brothers down. 

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I’ll be at the game tonight!  Looking forward to it.  Must win for both teams. 

If the Bears have half a brain - they will run it down our throats, all night long. 

Trubisky should have no more than 17 pass attempts 2nite.

41 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

If the Bears have half a brain - they will run it down our throats, all night long. 

Trubisky should have no more than 17 pass attempts 2nite.

Bears offensive woes in a nutshell: 

Trubisky can't throw and Nagy hates to run unless it's a gadget play.