Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

I bashed Dak last week, have to eat crow and give him props now - dude was flat out spectacular y-day. It's in large part what's so damn frustrating about Dak, one week he's dog shiit, the next he's All Pro like. 

Far as K. Moore, f'k him, I'm not acknowledging shiit for that idiot.. He's had Pollard all this time and he's JUST NOW giving this kid his due touches, just now getting him involved in the passing game, just now realizing he's the most explosive/best rb on the team.. Pollard himself said the 68-yard td wheel route to him was a brand-new play just created his past week.. What, how is that even possible??? 

And in case nobody noticed, Dak finally had his # called in a couple run plays. It was only a couple, but damn were they huge, all chain moving difference makers. I'm sure K. Moore will put that on the shelf and not call them again for 3 or 4 weeks. :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I bashed Dak last week, have to eat crow and give him props now - dude was flat out spectacular y-day. It's in large part what's so damn frustrating about Dak, one week he's dog shiit, the next he's All Pro like. 

Far as K. Moore, f'k him, I'm not acknowledging shiit for that idiot.. He's had Pollard all this time and he's JUST NOW giving this kid his due touches, just now getting him involved in the passing game, just now realizing he's the most explosive/best rb on the team.. Pollard himself said the 68-yard td wheel route to him was a brand-new play just created his past week.. What, how is that even possible??? 

And in case nobody noticed, Dak finally had his # called in a couple run plays. It was only a couple, but damn were they huge, all chain moving difference makers. I'm sure K. Moore will put that on the shelf and not call them again for 3 or 4 weeks. :rolleyes:

I noticed one of Dak's key runs on 3rd down for a 1st.  I agree with everything you wrote.  Good post Cruzer. 

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Agreed.......yes, Dak was possibly the best I've ever seen him. The team was complete

and wow props to Maher......he's been rock solid, I hope we keep him

6 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Omg, you are so right. 

Lost in all the K. Moore, Dak, run defense, wr talk..........is kicker. When you think back to training camp and all the disgust and panic with both kickers - Dallas was actively searching for somebody else to come in and compete for the job. I don't think anyone saw this coming out of Maher - he's not only been accurate, the kid has a leg! I think the stat is, nobody in history has more fgs of 60 yards or more than he. :huh:

• Like 1

Gonna be a bloodbath on Thursday.  We have run out of players. Not that it was looking great even with, but the Boys are going to have some fun now. Parsons might get 5. 

9 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Omg, you are so right. 

Lost in all the K. Moore, Dak, run defense, wr talk..........is kicker. When you think back to training camp and all the disgust and panic with both kickers - Dallas was actively searching for somebody else to come in and compete for the job. I don't think anyone saw this coming out of Maher - he's not only been accurate, the kid has a leg! I think the stat is, nobody in history has more fgs of 60 yards or more than he. :huh:

Anger is also amazing.......dang, most likely the best kicking duo we've ever had

Jerry & Co. are doing a great job :)

It's a good thing there are subtitles, or I wouldn't have a clue as to what they were saying...

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lay the points. 

practice

In addition to all the other injuries, the Giants will be without three of their starting OL and TE. This will be over quickly. I will not enjoy this. On a side note, the Giants have not scored an offensive touchdown in their 3 thanksgiving games in the super bowl era. They have played 15 in their history and haven’t scored an offensive touchdown since 1938. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In addition to all the other injuries, the Giants will be without three of their starting OL and TE. This will be over quickly. I will not enjoy this. On a side note, the Giants have not scored an offensive touchdown in their 3 thanksgiving games in the super bowl era. They have played 15 in their history and haven’t scored an offensive touchdown since 1938. 

You guys still scare me, almost as much as the Cowboys on Thanksgiving lol

Recently I've been impressed with Daniel Jones, he doesn't get nearly the respect he deserves. 

On 11/22/2022 at 2:16 AM, Big Guy said:

Agreed.......yes, Dak was possibly the best I've ever seen him. The team was complete

On 11/22/2022 at 9:11 AM, Cruzer said:

Omg, you are so right. 

and yet I was called crazy for suggesting Dallas should have let him kick a 53 yarder in Green Bay and tried to stop the TD. I know there is more in play than simply making the kick but part of the push back I got was "53 yards!, it wasn't indoors! etc" 

15 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

You guys still scare me, almost as much as the Cowboys on Thanksgiving lol

Recently I've been impressed with Daniel Jones, he doesn't get nearly the respect he deserves. 

eh. Im not an "anti-Giants" Jets fan but I think "Danny Dimes" gets as much respect as he deserves. He has NOT been good until this year and good is relative. He is 9th in QBR, 22nd in passing yards, 17th in completion % and 19th in passer rating. He is making plays with his legs and more importantly has finally cut down his turnovers.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 12:21 AM, Cruzer said:

I think Dak is better than he gets credit for and when he is healthy I wonder how much of his "bad weeks" is really just Moore/Mikey

Danny has been better because the Giants MO all season has been to ride Barkley and take what is there with short routes. They do that because their WR corp has been lacking since day one of the season and they have no choice.  Jones can throw the deep ball, he has in the past. But he has no one to throw it to. Have him start doing that now and his turnovers will return.   My fear is that we still haven’t found out what he can do with a line and wr’s. And I’m not convinced he can get it done at this point. I get a young Ryan Tannehill vibe on DJ. I guess you can win with that. And King Henry. 

On 11/22/2022 at 7:11 AM, Cruzer said:

Omg, you are so right. 

I also forgot to mention Schultz having some key blocks throughout the game. If you haven't seen them, you should check them out.

5 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

and yet I was called crazy for suggesting Dallas should have let him kick a 53 yarder in Green Bay and tried to stop the TD. I know there is more in play than simply making the kick but part of the push back I got was "53 yards!, it wasn't indoors! etc" 

I don’t believe anyone called you crazy, but a few definitely disagreed with going for the fg.

I in fact still stand by that.. It was freezing in GB, the breeze was into, and Crosby had failed miserably in his own effort in that direction earlier. Plus, kicking that fg does not win you the game. DAL hasn’t stopped Rogers the entire 4th quarter - all of the sudden they were gonna do it then off a fg? Kicking in a 74* controlled dome is nothing like kicking in what they had in GB…. you’re a golfer, that same 165 yard July 7-iron still fly 165 in January and 35*? 

I still go for it on 4th and 4 there. 

Dalton Schultz or Taysom Hill?

Ive got Dallas D going tomorrow and feel pretty good about it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I don’t believe anyone called you crazy, but a few definitely disagreed with going for the fg.

I in fact still stand by that.. It was freezing in GB, the breeze was into, and Crosby had failed miserably in his own effort in that direction earlier. Plus, kicking that fg does not win you the game. DAL hasn’t stopped Rogers the entire 4th quarter - all of the sudden they were gonna do it then off a fg? Kicking in a 74* controlled dome is nothing like kicking in what they had in GB…. you’re a golfer, that same 165 yard July 7-iron still fly 165 in January and 35*? 

I still go for it on 4th and 4 there. 

1. this is the response i expected, and its still a good debate for sure

2. Mason Crosby has no range. Can't compare his leg at this stage in his career to Maher's.

3. I did state there was more to it than simply kicking the FG, as it wasn't for the win... but the recent realization of some people in this thread that Maher has a strong leg is what I already knew and why I felt a 53 yarder was worth it in that game. 

36 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

1. this is the response i expected, and its still a good debate for sure

2. Mason Crosby has no range. Can't compare his leg at this stage in his career to Maher's.

3. I did state there was more to it than simply kicking the FG, as it wasn't for the win... but the recent realization of some people in this thread that Maher has a strong leg is what I already knew and why I felt a 53 yarder was worth it in that game. 

Don’t know how closely you follow Dallas, but Rogers owns us. Every time he’s needs a late comeback, he’s done it. You don’t give him the ball and chance to beat you - you go and beat him. 

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Danny has been better because the Giants MO all season has been to ride Barkley and take what is there with short routes. They do that because their WR corp has been lacking since day one of the season and they have no choice.  Jones can throw the deep ball, he has in the past. But he has no one to throw it to. Have him start doing that now and his turnovers will return.   My fear is that we still haven’t found out what he can do with a line and wr’s. And I’m not convinced he can get it done at this point. I get a young Ryan Tannehill vibe on DJ. I guess you can win with that. And King Henry. 

Throw in a stout Defense, and yeah, you can rack up an impressive era of regular season wins. Get a few division titles if you play in a sh!t division.

Super bowl? Not so much.

Favorite moments of today's game...

What do you cowfags think about Zeke? Will be be on the team next year? Still the lead back? Number 2 to TP?

4 hours ago, kutulu said:

What do you cowfags think about Zeke? Will be be on the team next year? Still the lead back? Number 2 to TP?

Zeke's on the books for almost $17m next year. No way in hell can Dallas pay the 2nd best back on the team that kind of jack. 

I think Dallas goes to Zeke and gives him the option - redo his deal and take less, or take the $11m hit and cut bait. 

8 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Zeke's on the books for almost $17m next year. No way in hell can Dallas pay the 2nd best back on the team that kind of jack. 

I think Dallas goes to Zeke and gives him the option - redo his deal and take less, or take the $11m hit and cut bait. 

Keep in mind also, Pollard is a UFA after this season................... you wanna pay him or Zeke? 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 8:21 PM, Cruzer said:

I thought they could get him off the books next year without a hit if they wanted?

Also, 17 point favorites against the Texans this week.  :blink:

Edit: Never mind.  It was the guaranteed money that ends this year.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 11:21 PM, Cruzer said:

He’s been fantasy money as a flex for me lately. 

• Like 1

There is a role for a Zeke type back on this team….actually any team really. But you simply can’t devote that much of your cap to a part-time, role back. 

I’ll be just as happy cutting bait with Zeke, Franchising Pollard and picking up another role playing rb either in the draft or via FA……Zeke’s money is much more needed in the secondary or DT. 

13 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

There is a role for a Zeke type back on this team….actually any team really. But you simply can’t devote that much of your cap to a part-time, role back. 

I’ll be just as happy cutting bait with Zeke, Franchising Pollard and picking up another role playing rb either in the draft or via FA……Zeke’s money is much more needed in the secondary or DT. 

Yeah, but what do I do with all my Zeke jerseys!?!?!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Yeah, but what do I do with all my Zeke jerseys!?!?!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha, I was gonna ask if you ever woke up and realized Pollard >>> Zeke. 

I told you before the season started, all this Pollard can’t block, can’t handle the load stuff was a crock of shiit. I’m pissed as hell it’s taken K. Moore this long to figure it out as well - his dumbass can go too. 

8 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Ha, I was gonna ask if you ever woke up and realized Pollard >>> Zeke. 

I told you before the season started, all this Pollard can’t block, can’t handle the load stuff was a crock of shiit. I’m pissed as hell it’s taken K. Moore this long to figure it out as well - his dumbass can go too. 

I don't want to have that argument other than to say Pollard has 6 more fantasy points than Zeke right now and that's with Zeke missing two games.  So, Pollard ~ Zeke.

You're too hard on your own team with how they are playing right now.  The only thing I can come up with is Dak still missing 4-5 throws each game and thin in the secondary.

Did you notice Diggs traveling with #11?  Practicing for you know who.  :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I don't want to have that argument other than to say Pollard has 6 more fantasy points than Zeke right now and that's with Zeke missing two games.  So, Pollard ~ Zeke.

You're too hard on your own team with how they are playing right now.  The only thing I can come up with is Dak still missing 4-5 throws each game and thin in the secondary.

Did you notice Diggs traveling with #11?  Practicing for you know who.  :thumbsup:

I’m sure you don’t…. Which is surprising, before reality hit you were all about “stats”, now you seem to want to pretend they aren’t a thing. 

I don’t do fantasy football, I can see with my own eyes who’s the better back. But I can tell you this, most of the totals I’ve seen have Pollard ahead by 50+ pts. - with less carries to boot. 

You are right about one thing, I am hard on this team - I expect m a certain level of excellence from them. Dak - he’s he’s driving me crazy. And not just with the picks. That focker needs to pull it and go! He should be running no less than 3 times a game - preferably 5. 

• Like 2

Zeke has looked much better the last few games but anyone who says Zeke = Pollard is not watching. There’s really no argument to be made. Pollard is more explosive and more versatile. I’m glad Zeke is playing well and it’s a great thing for Dallas to have that tandem but stop 😂 

4 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I’m sure you don’t…. Which is surprising, before reality hit you were all about “stats”, now you seem to want to pretend they aren’t a thing. 

I don’t do fantasy football, I can see with my own eyes who’s the better back. But I can tell you this, most of the totals I’ve seen have Pollard ahead by 50+ pts. - with less carries to boot. 

You are right about one thing, I am hard on this team - I expect m a certain level of excellence from them. Dak - he’s he’s driving me crazy. And not just with the picks. That focker needs to pull it and go! He should be running no less than 3 times a game - preferably 5. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Zeke has looked much better the last few games but anyone who says Zeke = Pollard is not watching. There’s really no argument to be made. Pollard is more explosive and more versatile. I’m glad Zeke is playing well and it’s a great thing for Dallas to have that tandem but stop 😂 

My bad, I had a funky sort on when I said that. I was wrong. It's like 60 points, that's significant. (Stats translate to directly to ff points, fyi)  

Horseman always admits when hes wrong. 

I would like to keep Zeke on the team, if possible. Malik Davis averaged 9.7 a carry, and had a TD in the last game. Jerry does like a bargain, when he can find one, so who knows. 

8 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

I would like to keep Zeke on the team, if possible. Malik Davis averaged 9.7 a carry, and had a TD in the last game. Jerry does like a bargain, when he can find one, so who knows. 

Dallas is headed for a huge RB iceberg end of the season. 

In 2023:

* Can't pay Zeke $17m. 

* About the only way to keep Pollard is to Franchise him, that will cost minimum $10m. 

* Even if Zeke redoes his deal, takes less, he's still gonna want at least $10m - can't devote $20m to RB. 

* It's a remote possibility both price themselves out and neither is on the team in 2023. 

• Thanks 2

We got our butts kicked today but won anyway

IMO the Cowboys rank in the 5-10 range with high upside

Dr. Dakyl & Mr. Hide was in full force today