Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Transgender protections

Id say surgically changing your genetalia and getting hormone therapy is more than cosmetic. Id also say your opinion isnt based on science any more than anyone elses on this issue.

I think we can agree to disagree. Removal of genitals does not change the biology, it can modify perceptions, the truth remains, as do the biological impacts associated.

Science has, time and again, shown this in peer-reviewed journals. But in a really sinister move of late, science is being suppressed at every turn where it does not support ideology. https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/brown-university-criticized-over-removal-transgender-study-n906741

I think it depends on the timing. The requirements and needs of an American president vary overtime. We needed Ike when we needed Ike. But we sure didn't need Ike ten years after that.

I'm a huge Teddy Roosevelt fan, but I'm also smart enough to know that he would have been absolutely crucified the last 20 years.

Obama showed up at the right time. He could speak well, didn't enter into hand-to-hand combat with the English language, and he didn't engage us in a lot of foreign bullshiit.

The usual trolls will have the usual things to say. Obama could have donated both kidneys to a sick puppy and the board trolls would find a way to ###### about that too. Just like Trump can literally do no wrong today. They refused to give an inch on either side. Which is why they're not taken seriously.

But what I said stands. He was an eloquent speaker that followed an absolutely horrific speaker. He was a flat-out non-interventionist militarily when we were reeling from the impacts of the neocons engaging us all over the ###### world.

But that's where it stops for me. No, I don't think he was particularly useful policy-wise.

Maybe I missed it, but I'm actually surprised that Trump hasn't repealed that stupid ###### that Michelle pulled. Remember? She made virtually all businesses put calorie counts on their menus? Great darling, because I'm sure the person ordering the lobster alfredo with bacon sprinkles in a garlic bread bowl would be shocked to find out that the dish is / 400 calories.

That was some stupid ######. Exactly the kind of thing that I wish Trump would repeal. We shouldn't give bored Housewives projects or authority just because they're bopping the president.

Shiit, Hillary wasnt even qualified in that regard. And they still gave her healthcare to fuk up. At least give Healthcare to Monica. She fuking earned it.

I like the calorie counts. :dunno:

I think we can agree to disagree. Removal of genitals does not change the biology, it can modify perceptions, the truth remains, as do the biological impacts associated.

Science has, time and again, shown this in peer-reviewed journals. But in a really sinister move of late, science is being suppressed at every turn where it does not support ideology. https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/brown-university-criticized-over-removal-transgender-study-n906741

I thought TNG brought up a good point. And I still dont know whether the gender on your birth certificate is based on your dong / vag or your chromosomes. I am wondering where the birth certificate crowd wants chicks with d1cks to pee.

That reminds me of a joke: Whats the difference between a Lima bean and a chickpea?

Trump never paid to have a Lima bean on his chest.

Thats my point. If somebody has a vagina and female hormones isnt that person a woman even if their birth certificate says theyre male? Scientifically speaking.

They still have a Y chromosome.

I like the calorie counts. :dunno:

I do too even though I think they only help normal sized people.

They still have a Y chromosome.

Here is a fun question, can a man ever give birth to a baby?

I think it's becoming that way.

So all you guys with school age kids, how have gender issues been forced on your kids? How prominent is sexuality/gender in your schools curriculum?

I'm not talking about the occasional sensationalized headline. Actual policy.

That reminds me of a joke: Whats the difference between a Lima bean and a chickpea?

😁

So all you guys with school age kids, how have gender issues been forced on your kids? How prominent is sexuality/gender in your schools curriculum?

I think it increases awareness about mental disorders, and also increases empathy. JMHO

Correct. To refute science what will happen is you get things such as Klinefelter syndrome thrown at you, which again affects a TINY % of the population, but the fact that it exists means we have to use this to govern the behaviors of 300 million people. make no mistake about it, the SJW ideology is well armed, but there are ways... I recommend just CONSTANT reading, you have to come into a SJW argument ready to fight at their level, which is low, lots of name calling, but if you can get them to stop name calling and using condescension you can have a legit discussion .

This is a good one to start with

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2014/03/20/11-rules-for-debating-a-leftist-from-ben-shapiro

There is nothing constructive about that link, and most of what it says can be applied to either "side".

But honestly, we're bunch of out of touch 50-somethings whose entire world view is pretty much made up of extreme ###### we see on news channels and websites.

My point is, don't you think it's like any other bell curve? That 80% of the kids are basically normal?

I think it's a given that we hear from The Fringe 10 on either side one hell of a lot more than we ever used to.

But at least from the kids I know, yeah they're more politically correct then I ever was. But we were more PC than my grandmother was. But they're not the Flaming freak shows that we see on talk shows and read about every damn day.

Thoughts?

People have been complaining about younger people being doomed for as long as we've lumped them into arbitrary generations. Yet another intellectually lazy exercise.

Thats an interesting point (seriously). But the gender on your birth certificate is based on your genetalia, not a DNA test - right?

Also wondering what happens if a woman goes through gender reassignment and gets male hormones and a d1ck. Is that person supposed to use the girls room now?

Ask Jaimie Lee Curtis.

There is nothing constructive about that link, and most of what it says can be applied to either "side".

If you are interested in lively debate, you will need to come to any discussion with leftists armed with certain skills, the link provides some considerations that are actually rather useful to break down the goto tools that diminish debate, and if you can get leftists to not use identity politics, name calling and condescension, you are able to actually have a discussion where you can disagree civilly, and some times even find some common ground.

Ask Jaimie Lee Curtis.

She was smoking back in the day. Does that make me gay?

Perhaps your version of science allows for people to have cosmetic surgery and magically change.

If that person with the vagina and woman hormones, due to cosmetic changes, seeks medical attention based on this cosmetic change instead of their biology they fail to get the proper medical attention, women and men do have nuanced medical needs, that a nuanced perception of self cannot account for.

If a person also obtains cosmetic surgery to look younger, and does effectively look younger, can they demand to be treated at any age they demand?

If you become an amputee, should you be forced to wear a pair of gloves?

If you become an amputee, should you be forced to wear a pair of gloves?

If your pen!s is severed in an accident, are you then a woman?

Thats an interesting point (seriously). But the gender on your birth certificate is based on your genetalia, not a DNA test - right?

When you're born if you have a pee pee you are have male chromosomes. They don't do a DNA test because they don't have to. HTH.

When you're born if you have a pee pee you are have male chromosomes. They don't do a DNA test because they don't have to. HTH.

The SJW's have an argument for this too. They claim the doctor mis-gendered you at birth, if later in life you decide you want to be a woman.....I sh!t you not...

The SJW's have an argument for this too. They claim the doctor mis-gendered you at birth, if later in life you decide you want to be a woman.....I sh!t you not...

Im asking these questions out of curiosity really. Id still like to know where women who surgically added a song and take male hormones are supposed to crap.

That reminds me of a joke.

How do you know your roommate is gay?

His d!ck tastes like sh!t.

An oldy but goody.

Im asking these questions out of curiosity really. Id still like to know where women who surgically added a song and take male hormones are supposed to crap.

I'm actually ok with a person who has had the surgery being considered the sex they currently have the parts for. EXCEPT in certain circumstances, such as athletic competitions. I'm not convinced that a man who has been surgery transformed in to a female doesn't still have an advantage over females, and it cheapens/invalidates the competition when they are allowed to participate.

If you are interested in lively debate, you will need to come to any discussion with leftists armed with certain skills, the link provides some considerations that are actually rather useful to break down the goto tools that diminish debate, and if you can get leftists to not use identity politics, name calling and condescension, you are able to actually have a discussion where you can disagree civilly, and some times even find some common ground.

My point is, the things he's accusing leftists of apply to both sides. And there isn't much in his advice that will promote civil, productive discourse.

I think its an honest question, and I think a man can get away with using a female bathroom if he does a good job pretending to be a female. If you are convincing enough you likely are able to pull that off.

If you change nothing about yourself, and you decide to start using a women's bathroom, solely under the notion that you simply believe you are a woman, that is going to be an issue, agree?

My point is, the things he's accusing leftists of apply to both sides. And there isn't much in his advice that will promote civil, productive discourse.

I would concur about the tilt of it, but you can easily apply it to the crazies on the right as you can to the crazies on the left.

Opportunities to debate rightists are limited at best, opportunities to debate leftists are plentiful, and more valuable IMHO. I am not at all worried that neo nazis, or other rightists crazies are going to get much traction. I feel confident we have that area under control.

I am less confident about leftists. Too often i see their crazy ideologies being given mainstream acceptance, hence the tilt toward confronting them.

I thought TNG brought up a good point. And I still dont know whether the gender on your birth certificate is based on your dong / vag or your chromosomes. I am wondering where the birth certificate crowd wants chicks with d1cks to pee.

In general, gender on birth certificates is determined by external genitalia. Only when they are ambiguous is a karyotype (chromosome analysis) necessary. And you can petition to change the birth cert after tranny surgery in some states.

And I think the joke asks about a garbanzo bean vs. chickpea.

In general, gender on birth certificates is determined by external genitalia. Only when they are ambiguous is a karyotype (chromosome analysis) necessary. And you can petition to change the birth cert after trainee surgery in some states.

And I think the joke asks about a garbanzo bean vs. chickpea.

Does it matter what kind of bean it is?

Bonus Trump joke:

WH Staffer: Mr. President, what should we do about Hurricane Florence?

Trump: Just pay her whatever we gave Stormy.

Does it matter what kind of bean it is?

Bonus Trump joke:

WH Staffer: Mr. President, what should we do about Hurricane Florence?

Trump: Just pay her whatever we gave Stormy.

I think so. It's funnier when you're comparing two names for the same legume.

Locally to me:

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/08/22/rocklin-parents-grill-school-board-over-transgender-discussions-in-kindergarten/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/27/teacher-transgender-lesson-named-teacher-year/

Also, this is CA, so probably more liberal than other areas.

Discussion/teaching on this topic should be available, but at the discretion of the parents. Forcing ideology on to young children is not acceptable.

Not in the curriculum that I know of. Just a general attitude that we must accept what anyone claims they are.

There was a girl in our area who came to school claiming she was a trans back in 3rd grade, so the teachers and admin had to deal with that

Discussion/teaching on this topic should be available, but at the discretion of the parents. Forcing ideology on to young children is not acceptable.

I think it should be treated like the sex ed classes, bringing home permission forms, etc. , in jr high my daughter brought home a permission slip with a list of movies that they *might* watch on rainy days, and I could say yes/no.

But kindergarten? And allowing the child to change clothes during classtime (not IN class in front of others) as sort of their own gender reveal is a bit extreme; and parents were never notified of the book the teacher read, nor the transgender student doing this.

That's where I have the issue.

I think it should be treated like the sex ed classes, bringing home permission forms, etc. ######, in jr high my daughter brought home a permission slip with a list of movies that they *might* watch on rainy days, and I could say yes/no.

But kindergarten? And allowing the child to change clothes during classtime (not IN class in front of others) as sort of their own gender reveal is a bit extreme; and parents were never notified of the book the teacher read, nor the transgender student doing this.

That's where I have the issue.

Thanks for the response. I agree that grade school is too young for these issues.

Thanks for the response. I agree that grade school is too young for these issues.

There are just somethings that their brains cannot compute.

Little kids with neanderthal brains that aren't fully developed, and they just find our that their best friend isn't really a boy, he's a girl.

I see it creating a LOT of unneccessary confusion in non-trans kids.

There are just somethings that their brains cannot compute.

Little kids with neanderthal brains that aren't fully developed, and they just find our that their best friend isn't really a boy, he's a girl.

I see it creating a LOT of unneccessary confusion in non-trans kids.

I would take this further. I don't think most people's brains can compute anything until they are on their own out in the world supporting themselves day in and day out.