Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Red Dead Redemption 2

I decided to get Dragon Quest XI

I am enjoying it and my 5 year old loves watching

Was awarded a 500 dollar gift certificate to game stop. So bought first video game system in 6 years on Saturday, and got RDR2 and latest Call of Duty. Hooked up the XBox last night, but haven't put either game in yet. I know once i go down that rabbit hole....

Your first mistake was an xbox.

Your second mistake was call of doodie. That series has blown since around the last time you bought a console.

RDR2 is fun though. The SP at least. The MP is trash.

I hear the first 2 hours semi boring but it picks up after that.

This is my experience for RDR1. Took me a while to warm up to it but it's turning out pretty good. And I'm a Witcher 3, Uncharted, Half-Life, Oblivion kind of guy.

Your first mistake was an xbox.

Your second mistake was call of doodie. That series has blown since around the last time you bought a console.

RDR2 is fun though. The SP at least. The MP is trash.

MP is a work in progress. They will continue to add content. Right now, though, it has gotten stale for sure.

I'm only a few hours in so far and am really enjoying it. For this first playthru I'm trying to keep honorable. Will go the bad guy route for the second time.

Which way are you guys going with your initial time?

I'm only a few hours in so far and am really enjoying it. For this first playthru I'm trying to keep honorable. Will go the bad guy route for the second time.

Which way are you guys going with your initial time?

Honorable first time. I'm killing everyone when I do the second play through.

Honorable first time. I'm killing everyone when I do the second play through.

I haven't taken a stance yet. Trying to be honorable for the most part. Sometimes it's hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys though.

So far I dont really like AC. The graphics are amazing, the physics are great too. But I feel like Im on a track and probably wont finish it.

Well I've had it for a little over a month, don't play super regularly, think I"m still in Chapter 2 and just got the legendary fish challenge and caught Tyrion the magician. Looks like a good 30% of the map is still grayed out, can't believe how much there is to explore in this world.

I'm guessing that in Rockstar games will probably have a RDR3 out before I finish 2. :(

Well I've had it for a little over a month, don't play super regularly, think I"m still in Chapter 2 and just got the legendary fish challenge and caught Tyrion the magician. Looks like a good 30% of the map is still grayed out, can't believe how much there is to explore in this world.

I'm guessing that in Rockstar games will probably have a RDR3 out before I finish 2. :(

Watch out for a guy that wants to be your "friend" in the bayou!!!

Watch out for a guy that wants to be your "friend" in the bayou!!!

That's good advice in the game and real life. :thumbsup:

That's good advice in the game and real life. :thumbsup:

Harder to feed the dude to a gator in real life though.

Got for xmas, should I let the 5 year old watch :dunno:

I haven't looked but there might be controls for blood/gore, otherwise your kid might wonder why daddy is blowing people's heads clean off.

I haven't looked but there might be controls for blood/gore, otherwise your kid might wonder why daddy is blowing people's heads clean off.

Good point. I'll check into it.

If you're not doing any missions and just going hunting or fishing then there shouldn't be a problem. Would just need to watch out for random encounters.

My buddy let's his 5 year old daughter play online. She just rides around on the horse and wants to lasso people. She gets killed every once in awhile and just chalks it up to bad guys being bad guys. Of course, the rest of us hunt down and repeatedly kill the dooshbags that shot her until they quit. So it all works out. She doesn't seem to be traumatized by it. :dunno:

My buddy let's his 5 year old daughter play online. She just rides around on the horse and wants to lasso people. She gets killed every once in awhile and just chalks it up to bad guys being bad guys. Of course, the rest of us hunt down and repeatedly kill the dooshbags that shot her until they quit. So it all works out. She doesn't seem to be traumatized by it. :dunno:

Oh he will LOVE lassoing people! He cracks up at that

he'll say "do it again, do it again dadda"

The cut-away screens during shootouts can be pretty gory, so you'd probably want to turn that off.

Oh he will LOVE lassoing people! He cracks up at that ######

A fun part is when you hogtie and toss a lady on your horse as part of a bounty hunting side mission. She keeps yapping at you as you're taking her back to the sheriff. You can smack her a few times until she finally goes unconscious and shuts up. Guess Arthur Morgan can kiss his NFL career goodbye.

Oh he will LOVE lassoing people! He cracks up at that ######

I couldn't believe the first time I heard her tell her dad, "tie him up and throw him off the bridge..." :o

:lol: