Sign in to follow this  
Drizzay

Golden Tate traded to PHI

Well that's a bit awkward given I only have 4 WR. I wonder how that's going to shake out with Jeffery/Agholor/Tate/Matthews.

Looks like Agholor further gets written out of the offense. Had been working on trading Marvin Jones, hopefully this elevates his value.

Lions beat writer suggests Brandon Powell, an undrafted rookie who has played in one career game and has one career catch will replace Tate in the slot.

Same situation for him really compared to Detroit. Sucky thing is hes on bye again.

Would you feel comfortable starting him if PHI wasn't on a bye?

Bad for Golladay? I'm guessing he gets more defensive attention now, which he already did the last couple games. (3 targets in two weeks)

Same situation for him really compared to Detroit. Sucky thing is he’s on bye again.

I don't think it's anywhere near the same thing for Tate. Zach Ertz gobbles up a lot of short and intermediate targets plus Tate has to learn a new playbook. I think it's a significant downgrade for Tate.

I do think it benefits Golladay though. Should free up more targets for him. And Marvin Jones Jr as well.

Bad for Golladay? I'm guessing he gets more defensive attention now, which he already did the last couple games. (3 targets in two weeks)

Its good for him Tate gobbled up targets, now Golladay should lead the Lions in targets

Lions beat writer suggests Brandon Powell, an undrafted rookie who has played in one career game and has one career catch will replace Tate in the slot.

Maybe the Lions decided to start tanking like the Giants. Unless there is something personal about Tate they don't like.

I think this helps M Jones a lot.

Great. Now half of the receivers on my fantasy team have been traded to a new team, and another (Kupp) is injured. Basically zero production for a couple weeks.

Watching the game last week, I wonder if this trade has anything to do with the emergence of Kerryon in the playbook. He has been more and more involved and I wonder if this move will shift them in to more 2 WR sets... Johnson and Golladay seem to be the big benefactors in this deal

Maybe the Lions decided to start tanking like the Giants. Unless there is something personal about Tate they don't like.

I think it is just a matter of getting something for him. Maybe tank is the right word. But also they could just realize that this isnt the season to make a SB run. So get something and keep moving.

Watching the game last week, I wonder if this trade has anything to do with the emergence of Kerryon in the playbook. He has been more and more involved and I wonder if this move will shift them in to more 2 WR sets... Johnson and Golladay seem to be the big benefactors in this deal

Yeah I could see this too. Tate is a solid slot guy but not a guy they NEED to have. So perhaps they decrease the high% of 3 WR sets and use Johnson a lot. I would assume the go after a TE next year.

I think it is just a matter of getting something for him. Maybe tank is the right word. But also they could just realize that this isnt the season to make a SB run. So get something and keep moving.

It's a very real thing. Get ahead of the curve.

Who would u rather have in ppr after this deal- Marvin jones or Amari Cooper?

Jones by a wide margin.

• Like 1

its a good trade for both teams

det wasnt going to pay tate going fwd so they get a 3rd and philly expands its offense. tate is smart coupled with the bye he will be involved right away. cements quinn and patricia in det. they are building their team.

Marvin unless your looking for a home run type long shot. We pretty much know who Jones is, Cooper in Dallas? Who knows so much higher risk.

What about TJ Jones? I always believe Marvin is about to take a leap, but Kenny G is like Marvin: Champion Edition. And I have no idea how Detroit plays this.

Getting rid of Tate instead of paying him again to supplement their run game AGAIN makes sense to me. And Philly gets exactly what they want..a YAC attack guy to try to supplement THEIR sagging run game and assist with their injured OLine..smart-sounding moves both ways.

Better move for the Eagles.

What about TJ Jones? I always believe Marvin is about to take a leap, but Kenny G is like Marvin: Champion Edition. And I have no idea how Detroit plays this.

Getting rid of Tate instead of paying him again to supplement their run game AGAIN makes sense to me. And Philly gets exactly what they want..a YAC attack guy to try to supplement THEIR sagging run game and assist with their injured OLine..smart-sounding moves both ways.

good point, Tate is alot like how they use Edelman and James White in NE, basically they are extended running plays

Who would u rather have in ppr after this deal- Marvin jones or Amari Cooper?

M Jones before and after the deal.

It’s important for a wr to be able to catch the ball, and Cooper can’t seem do be able to.

Over the last four weeks, the Lions have run their offense out of the “11” personnel 63% of the time. That’s 19th in the NFL over that period. Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford has attempted more than 30 passing attempts just once over the last month. Now the Lions lose 27% of the target share and 22% of the market share of air yards.

I think the boost comes for Marvin Jones and Golladay for sure in Detroit, but I agree with Rallo. Kerryon Johnson is now in a spot where he could be a league winner in the second half of the fantasy season.

i disagree about it being better for philly. actually i think its obvious the opposite is true. explain your take.

Philly is trying to win it all again even if they dont look quite as good.

If Tate doesnt workout and they let him walk they can get a comp 3rd back anyway and basically rent hom for nothing.

Well that's a bit awkward given I only have 4 WR. I wonder how that's going to shake out with Jeffery/Agholor/Tate/Matthews.

Jeffery will likely benefit - Tate is another attention-grabber for sure. Ahholor? Moves back a step - he is not having the same success as last season - maybe it'll help him in the long run - and Matthews? Bah. It was a nice story to have him back in the mix, but his best days are a county mile behind him.

they wont get more than a 5th rd compensatory but i agree that theyre looking at it more than 8 games rental if all goes right.

they wont get more than a 5th rd compensatory but i agree that theyre looking at it more than 8 games rental if all goes right.

I actually read perhaps a 4th rounder.

And the Eagles dont have much cap space. So I think rental is exactly what it is.

yeah 4th is a perhaps thats why i think the trade made sense both ways. lions fans wanted another defensive add and birds wanted an rb or someone they think is more a stretch burner or line help if nothing else but tate wasnt staying in detroit so take the pick and vet jones or powell or expand riddick and move down a round for a fringe pro bowler and see the impact he can have. tate is a great personality dude is big time. was a win win.

Did you watch the game last week? 8 carries for 22 yards, how is that involved.

We got 3rd round pick for guy who wasn't gonna be there next season, good deal in my book, might as well get something for him.

Did you watch the game last week? 8 carries for 22 yards, how is that involved.

We got 3rd round pick for guy who wasn't gonna be there next season, good deal in my book, might as well get something for him.

I'm just saying, prior to last week Tate saw less than 7 targets in back to back weeks, which is half of his season average. He's a high volume guy who is used to seeing 12+ targets per week. I don't think that it was a coincidence that Kerryon was more involved in each of those week, seeing double the carries and 3+ targets more than he had been seeing in previous weeks. Not to say that Tate hasnt been involved, but trending downward.