Sign in to follow this  
JoeRedneck

Amari Cooper what should...

Amari Cooper, what should we expect from him this week and going forward? I think he'll put up solid numbers with Dallas and finish the season as a top 20 WR. With that said would you start him this weekend? I'm thinking of playing him at slot but can't afford a bust at any position this week.

Tough one. Depends on who you hait is have. It is Monday night and there will be a lot of people watching. I think the Cowboys will want to prove this was a smart move. With that thought I think they will draw up some plays to get Cooper the ball.

I expect him to perform like Amari Cooper. Change of scenery rarely changes the player. I'm not sure Dak is as good as Carr anyway, although he does have a better team around him on both sides of the ball. This is a "who the hell knows" kind of situation IMO.

• Like 1

Amari Cooper, what should we expect from him this week and going forward? I think he'll put up solid numbers with Dallas and finish the season as a top 20 WR. With that said would you start him this weekend? I'm thinking of playing him at slot but can't afford a bust at any position this week.

If you can't "afford" a bust I would look elsewhere this week.

After the Eagles and Texans gave up 3rd rounders for their WR upgrades the Cowboys will definitely want to prove Cooper was worth a #1. They'll try to get him the ball for sure. Whether or not that translates to fantasy points is anybody's guess though.

After the Eagles and Texans gave up 3rd rounders for their WR upgrades the Cowboys will definitely want to prove Cooper was worth a #1. They'll try to get him the ball for sure. Whether or not that translates to fantasy points is anybody's guess though.

I actually think that may have been a large part of the problems for the Raiders, the mandate to make sure Amari gets targets because he turns into a mental midget if he's not involved. I hope that happens to Dallas, I hope they force Dak to lock in on him and it hurts them overall. I'd love to see Jerry get screwed twice in one deal.

I don’t know why Cooper would be better on another team.

He still can’t catch.

Why not just make the title, Amari Cooper, what should we expect from him??

or how about Amari Cooper what is he good for? Absolutely nothing
  • Like 1

I actually think that may have been a large part of the problems for the Raiders, the mandate to make sure Amari gets targets because he turns into a mental midget if he's not involved. I hope that happens to Dallas, I hope they force Dak to lock in on him and it hurts them overall. I'd love to see Jerry get screwed twice in one deal.

I can totally see Jerry telling Dak not to throw to anyone else just to prove he was right. He's basically the head coach so it's not that much of a stretch.

or how about Amari Cooper what is he good for? Absolutely nothing

great, now you've got Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker dancing in my head... :wall:

I can totally see Jerry telling Dak not to throw to anyone else just to prove he was right. He's basically the head coach so it's not that much of a stretch.

Bingo. Dak goes like 17 for 38 with 15 targets to Amari, which he converts to 4 receptions (with 6 drops) for 27 yrds and Dak throws 3 INT in the process. :pointstosky:

• Like 1

I think Cooper will have a higher floor. Carr seemed content to not even look Coopers way if that is what the defensive look dictated.....Whereas Dak will look at Cooper 1st regardless.

Stat of note....Cooper is more polished and infinitely better at creating space than Dez. Last year, Cooper had 96 targets whereas Dez had 132 targets.

I think Cooper will have a higher floor. Carr seemed content to not even look Coopers way if that is what the defensive look dictated.....Whereas Dak will look at Cooper 1st regardless.

Stat of note....Cooper is more polished and infinitely better at creating space than Dez. Last year, Cooper had 96 targets whereas Dez had 132 targets.

Cooper does create space. He is top 5 this year for separation per route run. I think you see Dak run some RPO looks where he can hand off, run it or have a single read to Cooper.

I expect him to perform like Amari Cooper. Change of scenery rarely changes the player. I'm not sure Dak is as good as Carr anyway, although he does have a better team around him on both sides of the ball. This is a

"who the hell knows" kind of situation IMO.

Agreed.

Cooper didn't magically get new hands and learn how to run routes after the trade. Cooper gonna' Cooper.