Sign in to follow this  
NAn

Dak Prescott: Rushing Trend to Continue?

What made Dak valuable in 2016 and semi-relevant in 2017 was his rushing, avg 57rush/304yds/6tds

I actually thought his rushing just re-surged this lat 2 games, but that was likely highlighted by him rushing for a TD each of those games.

For season he's actually on pace for 91/539/6.

Last 2 games 11/82/1, 6/33/1

I haven't watch a lot of games so trying to figure out if this trend is something expect to continue moving forward?

Did it just change recently with OL coach change?

He still ran earlier in season, but felt like he also was trying to stay in pocket, new coaching of OL (I know it's not up to that coach how offense is ran, but throwing it out there) or recent offense stragety change? Where's he being allowed to run more often.

I know his passing has been below average (though topped 250 2nd time this past week), I'm just trying to see if his recent rushing could be a trend that could raise his floor/overall.

• Like 1

Thanks for input SiD, so you're thinking it's not a conscious thing by Dak or Dal coaching staff, just more Dak ad-libbing rushes on broken plays/what D's are giving?

Not calling out man, seriously asking for clarification.

Bottom line is I've been starting Stafford, who though not killing me, not winning any games for me either.

Other owners have QBs on bench scoring more than him, but can't find trades that make sense for both squads, so I'm seeing what else is out there for options for me and Dak is one such option.

I would not start Dak against an ugly it up defense like the Titans. With both teams coming off bye and it being a Monday night AND out of conference, weird stuff could happen but I would not bank on it.

Besides that, yes. I think Dak is playing for his first real contract so he will most likely do more tuck and runs than risking INTs. When people/GMs/average joes/KPI folks look at QBs, interceptions is a big thing for sure. So Dak would be better off pulling an Alex Smith and just not risking many interceptions.

TLDR: yes, Dak will be running but do not start him vs the Titans.

Yes, his runs, like Trubisky, has made him somewhat relevant. So, can you count on that every game? Maybe the yards (30-50) , but not the tds. The tds are a bonus.

It’s all a risk as you we all know. Dallas gameplan is frustrating. Whoever writes the plays needs to get creative. Let’s see if Cooper helps.

Thanks all, nice takes. Going to keep him on my bench and see how things develop over next few weeks, including actively watching MNF so can watch for myself.