Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Mid-Term Results

Turnout seems huge just based on the crowds out front of every polling place I passed this AM. I will probably vote after work.

I think that is unreasonable

There will certainly be people facing much worse lines today. Election day is maybe the only day of the year (every 2 years) that truly should be a national holiday.

Turnout seems huge just based on the crowds out front of every polling place I passed this AM. I will probably vote after work.

and then come in here and claim you didn't vote for "that person" cause you wanted to cast your meaningless vote for someone without a chance of winning in "protest"

Absentee ballots are easy to get where I live and much much more convenient. Have any of you tried to get one in the past?

I was on the Trump Train early but after seeing his divisiveness and racial dog whistles I had no choice but to hold my nose and vote straight Dem down the line.

#bluewave

Will be leaving early from work this afternoon to vote. Who schedules meetings so early on Election Day? :wall:

It took me 45 minutes to vote this morning.

I was in line at 7:02 am.

I hope Stacey Abrams wins.

(I doubt it though, this is a very red state.)

One of the worst candidates in all the races, you want to win, go figure.

I will vote this afternoon and probably spend an hour in line. Voting for Kemp..............I don't want Georgia to be a Sanctuary State.

It took me 45 minutes or so to vote early on Friday. The number of people there was very comparable to what I experienced on the Tuesday two years ago.

The best news is it seems safe to say we will crush the turnout record for any midterm election, and I wouldnt be surprised if this number at least pushes that of the 2016 election.

High turnout favors whom? Dems trying to make a change or Repubs showing up to defend what is there's? I'm thinking the latter. Normally the party in control has a hard time energizing their base but I don't see that here.

Hour wait this morning at the church down the road from my house, I'll try again after work.

Living out in the country has it's advantage. In my township, you have to vote by mail. No lines. It's rather nice. But I don't get the little sticker. :(

• Like 1

Voted this morning. Going back after lunch to do so again.

You're a good Democrat :thumbsup:

and then come in here and claim you didn't vote for "that person" cause you wanted to cast your meaningless vote for someone without a chance of winning in "protest"

Yep unlike you lemmings I wont support someone just because of the letter after his name. :thumbsup:

High turnout favors whom? Dems trying to make a change or Repubs showing up to defend what is there's? I'm thinking the latter. Normally the party in control has a hard time energizing their base but I don't see that here.

As long as the votes are legit, we should all favor a high turnout. It gives us the best chance of cutting through some of the noise and actually determining how this country wants to move forward.

I obviously am of the belief that people arent on board with the tone and posture the country has taken on. You feel the opposite. Today we get a sneak preview on the result, but I would assume we will all admit we wont fully know how the country truly feels until 2020. This is the peak (I hope) of the Culture War, and lets face it, Trumps re-election will be the referendum on how we as a whole feel about that.

shes black

thats all that matters to peenie

She's a woman too. :wave:

• Like 1

Fiscally, I'm more for Kemp. If he wasn't for guns (conceal and carry without permit) and against abortion I may have voted for him.

As long as the votes are legit, we should all favor a high turnout. It gives us the best chance of cutting through some of the noise and actually determining how this country wants to move forward.

I obviously am of the belief that people arent on board with the tone and posture the country has taken on. You feel the opposite. Today we get a sneak preview on the result, but I would assume we will all admit we wont fully know how the country truly feels until 2020. This is the peak (I hope) of the Culture War, and lets face it, Trumps re-election will be the referendum on how we as a whole feel about that.

:thumbsup:

Fiscally, I'm more for Kemp. If he wasn't for guns (conceal and carry without permit) and against abortion I may have voted for him.

You want your daughter to get an abortion? Or is that for you?

Apparently I don't vote until tomorrow...when I got to the polling place there was a guy outside and said to make things quicker they are doing Republicans today and Democrats tomorrow. So that's cool, cause the Republican line looked really long.

The best part of all this, that lady who gave me the cigs and lottery tickets for voting---is going to have to do it again tomorrow. :banana:

• Like 1

Apparently I don't vote until tomorrow...when I got to the polling place there was a guy outside and said to make things quicker they are doing Republicans today and Democrats tomorrow. So that's cool, cause the Republican line looked really long.

It's easier for those blue counties to know which votes to "misplace".

I'm voting Democrat because I'm black!

I'm voting Democrat because I'm gay!

I'm voting Democrat because I have a Muslim friend!

I'm voting Democrat because I'm a woman!

-Every single D voter. No voting for someone because of their policies. Just 100% straight identity politics. Peenie is a perfect example of this, she is voting for a black woman simply because she is a black woman. It has nothing to do with her policies or personal responsibility (the lady is in a massive amount of debt and Georgia will be too if she wins). You go girl!

the lady is in a massive amount of debt and Georgia will be too if she wins

That is true, I'm not for the spending.

Ironically, he wants to pay teachers a higher salary.

That alone would get my vote.

BUT...he isn't for expanding the MARTA (train).

And....he isn't green.

And do we really need stricter abortion?

That is true, I'm not for the spending.

Ironically, he wants to pay teachers a higher salary.

That alone would get my vote.

BUT...he isn't for expanding the MARTA (train).

And....he isn't green.

And do we really need stricter abortion?

You are just trying to justify voting for someone based on one reason and one reason only, their skin color. You don't care about anything so don't try to to play it off like you do.

You are just trying to justify voting for someone based on one reason and one reason only, their skin color. You don't care about anything so don't try to to play it off like you do.

I'm glad you & your generation eliminated racism. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I'm glad you & your generation eliminated racism. :thumbsup:

She said it not me. She also makes it painfully obvious that's the case.