Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Mid-Term Results

VETO and court appointments are locked in. MAGA. Libs will lock in MAGA 2020 with retarded ######. This is gloriuous

This is the silver lining.

If the Dems continue their #resist everything then they will get slaughtered in 2020 when all these seats are up again but Trump is on the ballot as well.

Pelosi is already pivoting, she basically gave a Trump rally speech tonight.

Let's see: Good economy- Trump rolls to re-election

Bad economy? - Democrats fault, Trump rolls to re-election.

Some victories aren't victories at all.

jeezus please no

we already have Newscum

we lost the gas tax repeal cause of democrat attorney general, changing the wording on the prop 6

His big advantage is he's the devil I don't know. Feinstein is a crooked corporate Dem, the freaks tend to be freaky but they to be cleaner.

This is the silver lining.

If the Dems continue their #resist everything then they will get slaughtered in 2020 when all these seats are up again but Trump is on the ballot as well.

Pelosi is already pivoting, she basically gave a Trump rally speech tonight.

If? haaaahaaaaahahaahahaaaahahaha

His big advantage is he's the devil I don't know. Feinstein is a crooked corporate Dem, the freaks tend to be freaky but they to be cleaner.

living in California, I will take the one we already know

de Leon wants complete open borders, illegals to have the right to vote, and is the one who hired an illegal to serve in a govt position

hes further left than Bernie

For comparison, first midterm election for new President:

Clinton 1994

House -54

Senate -8

Obama 2010

House -63

Senate -6

Trump 2018

House -30 (roughly)

Senate +4 or +5

• Like 1

Tester's lead has been whittling down in Montana and that's super close.

Arizona is strange McSally has been up by 1% the entire time from 3% reporting to 34% reporting without any ebbs and flows.

Nevada early results are coming in heavy for Heller but 4% reporting is nothing.

Wow, GOP is really doing strong in the Senate.

Mississippi is as good as GOP

Florida.... I've no idea why this hasn't been called yet 99% reporting for the last forever with 50K GOP lead

That's 53

Tester's lead is gone in Montana

Az is permanently a 1% lead for GOP ever since 4% reporting to 34% reporting without a blip up or down.

Nevada is trending GOP too at 17% still lots to go there.

Could well wind up with 56 seats.

I think he was referring to all of the GOPeCucks who were screaming how Trump was going to destroy the republican party and they would take decades to recover.

By increasing their Senate majority and losing half the seats Obama lost in the House in 2010, not to mention winning key governorships in FL and GA it is safe to say that Trump not only didn't destroy the republican party he helped it.

This

JMHO, we are observing the impact of gerrymandering in effect. The Senate is more or less insulated from gerrymandering, so you get a better pulse of the people. For these house races we are often observing a gerrymandered result, on both sides of the isle.

• Like 1

Recreational Mary Jane failed in North Dakota. Did it pass anywhere else?

For those of you waking up this morning, the Arizona Senate race was both close and boring beyond words the entire time. Early one, with 4% of the vote in, McSally had a 0.9% lead in the polls. Then, the entire time from those first 4% results that were reported in all the way until the 99% results in now, the lead never deviated. it "fluctuated" between 0.8% and 1.2%. No movement. It's still sitting at 0.8% now. The same place it's been all night. I swear to God, there were no surges at all, not once. The only thing that changed the entire time were the vote totals and the numbers of precincts reporting.

Now the Montana Senate race, OTOH has been fun as hell watching come in. Tester had a huge lead, like 10 points early. And Rosendale just chipped away and chipped away and it faded, faded, until it flipped and Rosendale took the lead and he went up to 2.8% and I was thinking Tester peaked early and Rosendale would win, but the talking head pundits were like "this map of what's left favors Tester" and sure enough, Rosendale's 2.8% lead is now down to 0.7%, like 2,500 votes. So it's still really close and despite being down, I've still got a feeling Tester will eek it out.

Beto loses and now hes a presidential candidate. Politics can be very strange.

Beto and Elizabeth Warren.

Man it's good to bleed red.

Beto and Elizabeth Warren.

Man it's good to bleed red.

If thats the best they have to offer, they've already given up.

JMHO, we are observing the impact of gerrymandering in effect. The Senate is more or less insulated from gerrymandering, so you get a better pulse of the people. For these house races we are often observing a gerrymandered result, on both sides of the isle.

That was the big story in PA leading up to the election and it proceeded to be true. How many seats did the Ds gain from that state alone.

I hope we don't see more of this leading up to 2020. (Unless, of course, my party is the one that benefits)

New York is now completely in the hands of progressives. Top to bottom. My beloved Hudson valley has been flipped. And the new attorney general. My God, not a good time to be a cop in NY. Wish us luck as we morph into California east. Minus the sunshine and poop. I hope.

Recreational Mary Jane failed in North Dakota. Did it pass anywhere else?

Utah

Mormons fitna get blazed

Eta: it looks like Utah was only medicinal. As was Missouri.

Michigan became the first Midwestern state to legalize recreational marijuana.

Utah

Mormons fitna get blazed

Eta: it looks like Utah was only medicinal. As was Missouri.

Michigan became the first Midwestern state to legalize recreational marijuana.

JMHO, Utah needs some leeway on it....beautiful place, but really....quiet....

In 2000 and 2010, Michigan was fully controlled by the GOP and had been gerrymandered to the hilt. The GOP still controls both of the State house but they got their asses kicked in statewide office this year, plus an anti-gerrymandering initiative passed, so those days are likely done.

In 2000 and 2010, Michigan was fully controlled by the GOP and had been gerrymandered to the hilt. The GOP still controls both of the State house but they got their asses kicked in statewide office this year, plus an anti-gerrymandering initiative passed, so those days are likely done.

I say this is a good thing, kill all gerrymandering and let the people decide.....

• Like 1

I say this is a good thing, kill all gerrymandering and let the people decide.....

Deep down, I know you're right. For the last twenty years or so, I would easily agree with you, but since I'm feeling much more partisan nowadays than I have in that entire time, I'm more hesitant. They're pulling this rug out from under me just as I'm beginning to warm to this gerrymandering sh*t.

Beto loses and now hes a presidential candidate. Politics can be very strange.

Mostly cause democrats are desperate.

Passed here in MI. Fire up.

There goes half the jobs on eight mile.

The result may not have been ultimate best case for the right, but it was 80% of best case. That 80% will increase if Pelosi is speaker.

The only one that disappoints me is I don't know how the hell Nunez won. Guys a clown no matter what side you're on.

Oh well, at least he doesn't have any power anymore. No more weird-ass midnight Uber runs.

That's about the one initiative that Colorado passed. It's an attempt to at least try to remove the partisanship. 5 years ago, I would bet that must than 5% of the country even knew what gerrymandering was.

VETO and court appointments are locked in. MAGA. Libs will lock in MAGA 2020 with retarded ######. This is gloriuous

Exactly; in 2020 all will face the full Trump effect.

The only one that disappoints me is I don't know how the hell Nunez won. Guys a clown no matter what side you're on.

Oh well, at least he doesn't have any power anymore. No more weird-ass midnight Uber runs.

He benefited from backing Trump and exposing your side's misdeeds.

• Like 1

I dont know when that clip is from, but tonight on those reports she was on another level.

Yeah, oh boy sheesh. Hi ho she had extra cotton balls stuffed up her nose, and she was in full Matt Vogel mode.

Well Beto gave him a run - damn sure closer than I though he could ever get.

Pete Sessions losing was a stunning upset. A Repub controlled seat since 1997 - I'm still shocked former NFL player Colin Allred beat him.

I feel like no one cares about the poor people.

Over a billion dollars spent to get 30+ House seats, a couple Governors seats and LOSE 5 Senate seats..............with wacko Pelosi back as Speaker = Priceless.

I saw in California the democrats spent well over 250 million dollars on their crappy propositions that passed/didn't pass

that 250 million spent will generate roughly 6 million a year in tax revenue

Drives me nuts hearing people already start talking about 20 20. I mean, for obvious reasons too. But also, there's three really really big variables that no one has a handle on right now.

1. Economy. The recovery has been going strong for what now? Guessing maybe 9 years?personally, I still think there's a lot of weakness behind the numbers. But even baring that, recoveries don't last forever. It cools off or worse, Trump can't claim to own the recovery and then not own the slowdown. -in the middle of his term. But he'll sure as hell try.

+The Dems will try to hang it on trumps neck.

+ The trumper's will suddenly now claim that the economy has little to do with the president and it's all cyclical. Funny they haven't had that attitude for the last two years though. But it's obvious that they'll say that.

2. War. Whether born of stupidity or as a Wag the Dog attempt, we haven't been to war in oh years now. I mean not a fresh new war! That can certainly have an impact on 20/20 trajectory.

2b. Related. One big terrorist attack changed the course of Bush's presidency. It can happen again.

3. There are so damn many Investigations out there, I don't think it's highly likely, but who knows? Something might actually stick. That too could have an impact. Still, if you're looking for a Nixon moment? Ain't going to happen.