Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Gold shouldn't be worth hardly anything. It's dumb that it is.

Doesn't do any good. Its shiny. Heavy. Doesn't rust. Soft. Big whoop.

If all the gold on Earth disappeared tonight, the biggest ripple effect would be a bunch of folks looking at their hands and jewelry cup saying "Where da fawk my gold done go?!"

There is more to it than this, but, that's my view in a few sentence nutshell.

Anyone with me on this?

It's super useful in computers.

“But if it just returns to its all time high that would be a 200% increase!!”

Which is a neat way of saying that its price has tanked.

Doesn't do any good. Its shiny. Heavy. Doesn't rust. Soft. Big whoop.

If all the gold on Earth disappeared tonight, the biggest ripple effect would be a bunch of folks looking at their hands and jewelry cup saying "Where da fawk my gold done go?!"

There is more to it than this, but, that's my view in a few sentence nutshell.

Anyone with me on this?

This was true until we developed electronics. If all the gold disappeared right now, a lot of people would die.

How about Diamonds? Even if you think they are rare or valuable and they are neither, DeBeers has stockpiled enough diamonds to last the world 1000 lifetimes, but the mining continues. Why? Because their marketing campaign has been too good. If they stop the mining, someone else could start and flood the market.

• Like 1

This was true until we developed electronics. If all the gold disappeared right now, a lot of people would die.

Best conductor of electricity there is. :thumbsup:

Bling bling! What else are first and second round picks going to spend their money on? And what about rappers teeth? This gold hate is just subtle racism.

Have always thought so too....... Just goes to prove how long vanity has been around.

I'll take sterling silver. Like the kind in 4 Lombardis and 27 World Series trophies

How about Diamonds? Even if you think they are rare or valuable and they are neither, DeBeers has stockpiled enough diamonds to last the world 1000 lifetimes, but the mining continues. Why? Because their marketing campaign has been too good. If they stop the mining, someone else could start and flood the market.

I think we just found something we can agree on. :cheers:

shudder to think..I agree with tubby. People often say..we need to get back to the gold standard..I think, who cares about gold.

The worst part is, what guys like William Devane and Wilford Brimley do to the old people who lived through the depression.

they tell them that they can cash in part of their Ira so that they can actually hold gold in their hands.

They fuc them coming and going. Up-front purchase fees and then conversion fees if they ever try to cash them out.

If I remember right, on top of that, Obama tried to offset the hellacious cost of Obamacare by people over who converted gold too.

If insist investing in gold, at least do it via equities in gold mining companies.

This story didn't get much play in the mainstream. But everybody remembers the story of how we went into Afghan mostly because their mountains are filled with so-called Rare Earth minerals?

Weather true or not, China used to hold the overwhelming majority of those kind of materials outside of there, So nobody effed with them.

Except, very quietly, off the coast of one of the many Japanese Islands, they discovered that the silt and mud is literally just lousy with all of these so-called Rare Earth elements.

Easiest crap to mine silt. Just ask me old 49ers. And damn sure a hell of a lot easier when you're not dodging landmines and mujahideen.

the chinks and that whole region. Now, if we can just create a super synthetic heroin those people wouldn't get a second glance.

Reading wiffleball's posts is like reading a book where there is a character with a strong accent. The author will purposely misspell some words to indicate the accent.

I assume F12 Stine is Afghanistan.

• Like 1

Rare earths arent rare.

They just dont form ores.

Very damaging to environment to mine them. We have one mine in usa that mines them. China doesnt care so they strip mine the crap out of their land.

Explains all the ads on the radio for people to invest in gold.

Well, there's also the prepper lunatics then follow Limbaugh and Hannity to the ends of the Earth.

Their Investment Portfolio is usually Diversified into precious metals and MREs.

... and 50,000 rounds of black helicopter piercing ammo.

Golds resistance to oxidation is what makes it awesome for airbag contacts...fillings...computers...things u dont want to wear corrode.

It probably has a million uses that I am unfamiliar with.

Reading wiffleball's posts is like reading a book where there is a character with a strong accent. The author will purposely misspell some words to indicate the accent.

I assume F12 Stine is Afghanistan.

Well stop hitting F5 like your mother flicking her bean and give me a couple seconds to fix all the autos!😕

Rare earths arent rare.

They just dont form ores.

Very damaging to environment to mine them. We have one mine in usa that mines them. China doesnt care so they strip mine the crap out of their land.

A study was just done which showed it takes more energy to mine cryptocurrency than an equivalent amount of gold. I'm sure there are other environmental consequences of physical mining, but still an interesting observation.

Golds resistance to oxidation is what makes it awesome for airbag contacts...fillings...computers...things u dont want to wear corrode.

It probably has a million uses that I am unfamiliar with.

As in ..

C3POs eye filters are very thin gold Wafers. True story.

As opposed to jar jar bigs who is made largely of latex and Jewish racism.

As in ..

C3POs eye filters are very thin gold Wafers. True story.

As opposed to jar jar bigs who is made largely of latex and Jewish racism.

Jeez...

A study was just done which showed it takes more energy to mine cryptocurrency than an equivalent amount of gold. I'm sure there are other environmental consequences of physical mining, but still an interesting observation.

And also takes more energy to produce a gallon of corn-based ethanol then the ethanol itself produces. But we still keep doing that stupid .

I think silver can do pretty much everything gold can do in electronics.

...and and werewolves.

Don't forget werewolves.

You ever try to kill a werewolf with a Krugerrand? Good luck with that buddy!

...and and werewolves.

Don't forget werewolves.

You ever try to kill a werewolf with a Krugerrand? Good luck with that buddy!

Lethal weapon movie taught me something...i remember thar was the gold coins they were tracking

Diamonds ...same as gold.

this.

really? So you think that companies choose to use an super expensive metal instead of one that is a fraction of the price? Why?
  • Like 1

About 12% of gold supply goes to industrial uses. But due to silvers unique characteristics, a whopping 56% of its supply is used in industry. Silver has so many applications that believe it or not, you dont go one day without using a product that contains it. From electronics and medical applications, to batteries and solar panels, silver is everywhere, whether you see it or not. As Mike Maloney says in his book, Of all the elements, silver is the indispensable metal. It is the most electronically conductive, thermally conductive, and reflective. Modern life, as we know it, would not exist without silver.

https://goldsilver.com/blog/gold-vs-silver-the-5-differences-that-matter-most-to-investors/

• Like 1

really? So you think that companies choose to use an super expensive metal instead of one that is a fraction of the price? Why?

Touche....but is that why its $1200 an ounce?

Why is it $1200 an ounce? That's kinda the angle I was taking.

Diamond can be used to cut glass, but that's not why its value is what it is.

Gasoline can be used to start a fire, but that's not why its $3 a gallon.