Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Indy TEs

With Doyle back, is he the guy again? I read somewhere he ran twice as many routes as Ebron last week. 7 targets vs Ebrons 3.

I have Ebron. Doyle going to lower Ebron expectations who I believe leads all TE this year for TDs.

I dropped Ebron for Doyle last week. As long as he's healthy he's the one to own on that team

• Like 1

Non ppr I would go with Ebron.

Doyle helps him based on both on the field closer the Colts get to the end zone.

Ppr it’s Doyle just based on targets.

Doyle should be top 5 ROS imho.

Right. Indy tight ends have almost 100 targets already this year. Philly with Ertz has more and I think the Chiefs are the only other team that's even close.

Doyle will be just a notch below those top few guys at tight end, but not far behind.

In the three games that Doyle has now been active, he’s out-snapped Ebron 193-71 and run 101 pass routes to 44 for Ebron. - ROTOWORLD worksheet

I see targets are 22 vs 12 in those games. But Ebron did catch a TD in all 3.

I still believe Doyle is the guy but for this week what a gut punch...

Bad enough Ebron getting TDs over Doyle, but it's a major d1ck punch when the 3rd TE gets one as well.

Im just gonna play one at flex, and one at TE. One is pretty well guaranteed at huge game. Having Ebron on bench hurts.

I dropped Ebron for Doyle last week. As long as he's healthy he's the one to own on that team

Oof. Hindsight having 20/20...that hurt, today anyway.

I'd given Njoku lots of leash this year but traded him in for Doyle on Wednesday.

So since he more than doubled Njoku's points today, I'm seeing Doyle as a glass that's 1/3 full instead of 2/3 empty.

HEEE HHEEE HEE

I still would rather have Doyle but yeah watching Ebron score 3 sucked. Luckily Baker and Chubb soothed the blow and I will still likely wn, sorry to disappoint

Non ppr Ebron

Ppr Doyle.

It won’t change.

Do I use my #1 waiver position on Ebron today? The last-place team dropped him Sunday. Doyle is also available, but I would rather have Ebron. I have Evan Engram and Kyle Rudolph. I'm guaranteed to make the playoffs, hoping for a bye.

Call me crazy, but I would rather have Doyle ROS...

Both are startable weekly, of course....but after last weeks shenanigans, teams will surely give Ebron the attention he deserves.

Will let’s just say that’s the way it works out, teams focus more on Ebron.

So next week Doyle goes off, I would think then the week after Doyle would get that extra focus.

Non ppr I would go with Ebron.

In a ppr it’s Doyle, but with Ebron being the obvious choice in the redzone even in a ppr I think Ebron could be the better pick.

Call me crazy, but I would rather have Doyle ROS...

Both are startable weekly, of course....but after last weeks shenanigans, teams will surely give Ebron the attention he deserves.

Its been Ebron all year and I think hes the better choice in any format. Doyle can def have a good game though and missed 5 games so we will see.

When Doyle has been healthy he has outsnapped and ran way more routes than Ebron. Two games ago Doyle had a better game than Ebron. I think weepaws is correct that in Ppr Doyle is the guy you want.

I think Ebron should go berzerk now that I have Doyle.

I have Doyle and Burton. Already made a mistake on playing Doyle over Burton this last week, but thankfully didn't hurt me in the end. It's a toss up but I think Burton this week against Minni. #17 against TEs.

Doyle outsnaps and out targets ebron but man, its like Luck only has eyes for Ebron around the red zone. Its undebiable now. For that reason alone ebron has to be one of the safest TEs going forward ROS after Ertz and Kelce obviously.

Im going to keep starting Ebron and Ill take my 5 or 30 points each week. Its volatile, but the TE position in general has been really bad this year.

Doyle outsnaps and out targets ebron but man, its like Luck only has eyes for Ebron around the red zone. Its undebiable now. For that reason alone ebron has to be one of the safest TEs going forward ROS after Ertz and Kelce obviously.

Im going to keep starting Ebron and Ill take my 5 or 30 points each week. Its volatile, but the TE position in general has been really bad this year.

Would agree, even in a ppr I think it’s very questionable now if Doyle is the better option based on tds.

Ebron gets those 6 points Doyle doesn’t.

Thanks, appreciate the post.

Typically its who scores more points. Is Ebron the top TE point scorer this season?

Typically its who scores more points. Is Ebron the top TE point scorer this season?

3rd behind Kelce Ertz non ppr. I have Ebron and Doyle. Im sure ill pick wrong one again.

What this guy says:

"After a somewhat crazy week of fantasy football, I was brought to the realization that many fantasy football players are still too results-oriented in their reactions to what takes place on the field. The one that got under my skin in Week 10 was none other than the three-target, three-touchdown Eric Ebron.

There have been 60 top-12 tight ends over the last five years (because math, duh). Would you like to take a guess how many of them totaled 48 or less targets? Why are we using the number 48? Well, because Ebron has totaled six targets over the last two weeks, which comes to three per week, or 48 over a full season. You probably don’t need me to tell you that there’ve been zero tight ends who’ve accomplished that. In fact, there’s been just three tight ends who snuck into the top-12 with less than 72 targets.
Yes, Andrew Luck is throwing touchdowns at an incredible rate, as is Russell Wilson. But here’s a newsflash – it won’t continue. Tyler Lockett has caught a touchdown every 6.3 targets. That won’t continue. Eric Ebron will not outproduce Jack Doyle over the rest of the season if their snaps/target totals remain the same they’ve been over the last two weeks. Does that mean Ebron is useless? Absolutely not.
We need to understand that we’re playing a game that has a lot of volatility built into it and it’s our job to put ourselves in the best position to limit that volatility. How do we do that? By taking a look at the mean over historical numbers. This is known as process over results and it’s something that all smart fantasy football players should follow. I mean, it’s why we’re here, right?"

Jack Doyle is the one you want.

I'm in on Doyle. But this week I'm playing Burton over him I think. Tenn. is tough against TE's. Not sure yet who I will play.

3rd behind Kelce Ertz non ppr. I have Ebron and Doyle. Im sure ill pick wrong one again.

I have him. In my league hes numero uno in scoring.

What this guy says:

"After a somewhat crazy week of fantasy football, I was brought to the realization that many fantasy football players are still too results-oriented in their reactions to what takes place on the field. The one that got under my skin in Week 10 was none other than the three-target, three-touchdown Eric Ebron.

There have been 60 top-12 tight ends over the last five years (because math, duh). Would you like to take a guess how many of them totaled 48 or less targets? Why are we using the number 48? Well, because Ebron has totaled six targets over the last two weeks, which comes to three per week, or 48 over a full season. You probably dont need me to tell you that thereve been zero tight ends whove accomplished that. In fact, theres been just three tight ends who snuck into the top-12 with less than 72 targets.

Yes, Andrew Luck is throwing touchdowns at an incredible rate, as is Russell Wilson. But heres a newsflash it wont continue. Tyler Lockett has caught a touchdown every 6.3 targets. That wont continue. Eric Ebron will not outproduce Jack Doyle over the rest of the season if their snaps/target totals remain the same theyve been over the last two weeks. Does that mean Ebron is useless? Absolutely not.

We need to understand that were playing a game that has a lot of volatility built into it and its our job to put ourselves in the best position to limit that volatility. How do we do that? By taking a look at the mean over historical numbers. This is known as process over results and its something that all smart fantasy football players should follow. I mean, its why were here, right?"

Jack Doyle is the one you want.

Not really in this case since Ebron is consistently scoring. With Doyle back hes still putting up numbers. If I had both Id be starting Ebron. Ebron is kinda like Blount for New England. Kept having consistent weeks not carrying the load. With potential boom weeks.

I have him. In my league hes numero uno in scoring.

? Really #1 in scoring in your setup? In my league he is 32 points behind Kelce, and 50 points behind Ertz.

Are you doing a TD only league?

? Really #1 in scoring in your setup? In my league he is 32 points behind Kelce, and 50 points behind Ertz.

Are you doing a TD only league?

No. Bonus for longer TDs. Its also non ppr.