Sign in to follow this  
WR Guru

Josh Adams

Emerging lead dog?

or

Just another committee guy getting 5-10 touches ROS?

I really have no read on this Philly RB mess at all.

Odds are it stays committee. Smallwood deserves his role in the offense, but logically Adams is their best runner. Clement shouldn't be taking touches at rb. It's such a waste of a play. I'm hoping Adams can get some consistent play.

Game plan will have a lot to do with Adams work load.

I think it’s a little bit thin to expect much from him.

They have three RBBC and a passing game that is starting to come around.

When you talk about Adams where do you rank him.

I see him as a rb4 at best hard to trusting him as a rb3 and a flex play, right ?

I agree that it's likely to remain a 3 way or even 4 way mess with Sproles returning. But given that Smallwood and Clement are mediocre talents at best, and Sproles is old and banged up, it doesn't seem like it would take much for a superior runner to just take the bull by the horns and make it his job.

I agree that it's likely to remain a 3 way or even 4 way mess with Sproles returning. But given that Smallwood and Clement are mediocre talents at best, and Sproles is old and banged up, it doesn't seem like it would take much for a superior runner to just take the bull by the horns and make it his job.

Agreed.

But just don’t see it happening in this case.

Sproles looks like he will miss this week with a reaggravation of his hamstring. The Eagles want to make the playoffs, right? Does Pederson give carries to inferior running backs just because he loves rbbc?

If you look at the rushing att vs the Jags I would say yes.

Adams looks like the best rb but yet all three of them had rush att.

Smallwood had only one less att then Adams.

So I guess he does.

Maybe

Will do so.

Good luck.

I'm starting Adams this week... no choice. Pray for Gobble.

I may be, too. Just need to wait to see what happens with Chris Carson. Part of me wants Carson ruled Out so I dont have a choice.

It means zero, but I have a feeling Adams emerges as the lead guy and ends up being real solid.

I picked him up, but he's behind Conner, Sony & Kerryon for now- so not posting this 'wishfully thinking.' It's just a gut feeling.*

*It's probably just gas

I think this could be a good game for Adams.

All that’s needed is a commitment from his coach.

Coach is saying more rushes for Adams.

Mmm.

I wonder will he run until he pukes.

Worst running situation out there. A headache all season starting with Ajayi giving us false hope and ending with Clement and now Adams.

Adams looks like the only true runningbavk on the team which gives me hope that he can establish a true role. Dont know that it will ever be more than an RB3 role, but it be nice to know what to expect on a weekly basis.

Hard to know what to expect and I'm not expecting a lot at this point, but he does look like he'll at least get the bulk of the work going forward.

Did you know that Adams had a college career average of 6.7 ypc, including 7.2 as a freshman and 6.9 last year. He was looking like a front runner for the Heisman and then ended up an UDFA. The guy is absolutely legit as any good running back prospect.

• Like 1

No question he can play, but he can’t because his own coach won’t devote more time to him.

As an avid Eagles fan for over 50 years I believe the following... The Eagles staff is coaching and play calling as if it was last year and have the mindset that what worked last year (Super Bowl win) is eventually going to start working this year. That, in my mind, is a defeatish attitude. Pederson does not have last years co-ordinators to lean on or listen to. It will be too late when they realize it. With that said if/when they fall out of contention (This week?) It will be the Adams show (week 12?)

WAKE UP EAGLES :wall:

• Like 1

Aaron Jones situation 2.0

I like Adams but he's no where near the natural runner and playmaker that Jones is. He's big.. but slow to speed and kinda upright. He's been compared to a less gifted DeMarco Murray and he kinda looks that way.

If you set the clock back a few weeks and Ty Montgomery was still a Packer.. it might resemble that situation.. Sproles may return and they added "extension to the running game" Golden Tate.. I just can't see this dude having the upside of Aaron Jones. Who looks, at worst like a low RB1 for the rest of 2018.

Not saying he's a worthless pickup.. But temper your expectations. If he's the new Blount or even a healthier Ajayi.. what's that.. Maybe 10 total touches per game and maybe 7 points and hope and pray for the occasional short TD?

I like Adams but he's no where near the natural runner and playmaker that Jones is. He's big.. but slow to speed and kinda upright. He's been compared to a less gifted DeMarco Murray and he kinda looks that way.

If you set the clock back a few weeks and Ty Montgomery was still a Packer.. it might resemble that situation.. Sproles may return and they added "extension to the running game" Golden Tate.. I just can't see this dude having the upside of Aaron Jones. Who looks, at worst like a low RB1 for the rest of 2018.

Not saying he's a worthless pickup.. But temper your expectations. If he's the new Blount or even a healthier Ajayi.. what's that.. Maybe 10 total touches per game and maybe 7 points and hope and pray for the occasional short TD?

I think you mean Aaron Jones isn't near the natural runner or playmaker....

I picked him up a couple of weeks ago and now may have to start him in Week 12 when Gurley's on a bye week. I have Aaron Jones, but all I have after him is Adams and Ekeler (injuries hit my RB's hard). At least it's a home game vs. the Giants and their poor run defense.

I think you mean Aaron Jones isn't near the natural runner or playmaker....

Let's agree to disagree. I think were it not for McCarthy.. We'd be talking about Jones like he's a stud NFL RB already.

I look at the upcoming schedule and see decency run d's and games where the Eagles will be passing more. Hard to trust Allen. He doesn't catch passes. The Eagles can pass near the goal line.

As long as this is RBBC x3 it kills the value of all 3 backs.

Sad to say until 1 goes down, none of them are a lock for more than 10 touches any given week. Cant trust that.

I think this was a great post.

And I agree with it.

Thanks.

Comparing Josh Adams to Aaron Jones is silly by virtue of every factor.

Situation? No.

Style of running? No.

Opportunity afforded moving forward? No.

Adams is a fine add if you want to take a shot at a Philly RB. I think he's the one to add. But that doesn't mean he's comparable to Aaron Jones or will amount to more than a TD dependant flex. And for some that might be just fine and what they need.

• Like 1

I think this was a great post.

And I agree with it.

Thanks.

Of course.. We're all here to bounce ideas, certain realities and probabilities off each other.

Jones just went for 172/2 against the, granted.. mailing it in lousy, Dolphins. You really see any RB doing that in Peterson's offense short of a Le'Veon signing or some crazy good draft pick coming in? Adams has some upside.. but there's a reason he was a UDFA. Studly talents who have injuries or injury histories drop in drafts.. they generally don't drop out of drafts (insert Philip Lindsay exception clause here). That said I just re-rostered him in a league where I'm a little light at RB and clinging to a playoff spot and i'd love a real breakout, but thinking he's just an interesting flier for now.

I had stashed Jamal Williams last year.. and it was 'Woo Hoo" time when Mongomery went down. Then he got hurt maybe 5 minutes into the Sunday night game where he got the start. Jones came in and it was like "WTF is this guy.. he looks really good". He may have ball security, pass pro.. whatever issues.. but the dude can run the ball. I get trying to keep #12 clean and upright.. but how could they not figure out a way to play this guy over Williams all the time?

I can't buy that there's a reason he was an UDFA. The only reason is that the NFL is kind of shitty at deciding who is talented enough to get drafted and who isn't. There are UDFAs all the time that become legit contributors to their team. Did all of them fall for a real reason? Nope. It's because NFL scouts and anaylists are some of the laziest people at their profession. They don't dig deep enough into their studies. It's why the NFL broadcasts are so filled with cliches, because they really have no clue what they are talking about past the basic information.

Adams averaged 6.7 ypc for his career and looked like a stud doing it. He slowed up the 2nd half of the year a little, but he shouldn't have been an UDFA. If he got the treatment that most top drafted rbs received he would be a lot more productive and people would be genuinely excited about his future

• Like 1

Ok Pederson, I know you can't imagine a future without a true rbbc, but this Adams kid is for real. He is your best running back and possibly your best overall weapon on offense. You may want to put the ball in his hands more

Simulated Pederson reply: yeah, but we have our system here and that is what we will run. Also, Wendell works really hard and had a good week of practice. Adams is young and has some things to work on in his game. Sometimes he thinks Carsons bird hand signal looks like an airplane and that throws off everything.

The bigger issue for the Eagles is their secondary is so beat up and so bad, there may not be a lot of opportunities to be comfortably ahead to pound with a running back like adams.

The bigger issue for the Eagles is their secondary is so beat up and so bad, there may not be a lot of opportunities to be comfortably ahead to pound with a running back like adams.

It doesn't have to be just runs. Getting the ball in his hands should be a priority. What's the point in having a player who is really good with the ball in his hands and not using him much? It makes no sense to try to win the game using him less

where do we put Adams ROS. I flexed him this week. Albeit over Moore, but I won anyway.

I think Adams seems to be shaping up as an RB2. Anyone disagree or have another opinion?