Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

What will the democrat House do to heal the divide in the nation?

The nation has been tearing itself apart for a long time, long before Trump took office even. We have a new House coming after this election. Basically 0% of republicans trust the press.

1. What do you think the democrats can and should do to heal this divided nation?

2. Do you think they are more interested in healing the divisions or are they more interested in pushing their agenda?

3. Do you think the nation will be more or less divided after 2 years of the democrats running the House?

4. Will republicans be more trustful of the press after 2 years of the democrats running the House?

Pelosi will govern like the pragmatic corporatist insider hack she is while throwing dog whistles to the SJWs the entire time but not offering them much else which'll piss them off. Meanwhile, she'll woo but eventually also piss off and leave hanging whatever moderates were able to win GOP districts as well since she has zero empathy with voters in the middle of the country.

Ironically, she may be able to get more done by negotiating with Trump than the unenthusiastic, limpwristed mewing neocon Bush-era holdout Paul Ryan could.

Or getting nothing done which is pretty much more of the same of what Paul Ryan and his Jeb!fanboy flavored corporatist insider hacks offered Trump.

• Like 1

Pelosi will divide more. There will be more blood spilled between the races because of her and Waters.

Perhaps we could stop with the 'Democrat' party talk. Bush started that. It's just a diick move. The 'Democrat Party'. No head, it's the Democratic Party. Unless you want us to start calling it The Republic Party. Literally it's just being a diick for the sake of being a diick.

I also think members of the Washington establishment including Congress and the Press should go back to using the title as prefix when speaking of the president. It's one thing to do shorthand on a message board among us civilians. But it should be president Trump, President Obama even when they're out of office. It should be President Bush. Etc.

It may be a little things, but the little things open up the door for bigger and bigger things until we end up with the white trash shiit hole that we have today.

Of course, adding women who want to wear tank tops and sandals to Congress aint gonna help matters either.

It would also be nice if CNN reporters stop trying to be the story. Used to be back in the day that was the ultimate failure of a journalist. Now, CNN considers it a badge of honor. Jim Acosta yelled at Sarah Sanders! Jim Acosta lost his credentials! Watch as female CNN anchor cries on air! Don Lemon fellates Louis Farrakhan!

For as much as the Press bitches about a loss of Civility and decorum, theyre right there at the top of the list too.

Perhaps we could stop with the 'Democrat' party talk. Bush started that. It's just a diick move. The 'Democrat Party'. No ###### head, it's the Democratic Party. Unless you want us to start calling it The Republic Party. Literally it's just being a diick for the sake of being a diick.

You are basically a collection of polarized outrages waiting to be triggered.

You are basically a collection of polarized outrages waiting to be triggered.

Jeesus buddy, stalk much?

Perhaps we could stop with the 'Democrat' party talk. Bush started that. It's just a diick move. The 'Democrat Party'. No ###### head, it's the Democratic Party.

Why do people do this? Why do they get bent out of shape if you say democrat and not democratic? Its gotta be a mental disorder, doesn't it? The second someone brings it up, I immediately think they are a loon.

The nation has been tearing itself apart for a long time, long before Trump took office even. We have a new House coming after this election. Basically 0% of republicans trust the press.

1. What do you think the democrats can and should do to heal this divided nation?

2. Do you think they are more interested in healing the divisions or are they more interested in pushing their agenda?

3. Do you think the nation will be more or less divided after 2 years of the democrats running the House?

4. Will republicans be more trustful of the press after 2 years of the democrats running the House?

1) The hope is that they'll stop with the SJW divisions and grievance politics all the time. Nothing worse than when a gender studies professor rolls on two guys in the gutter in her BMW and points to one and says, "that guy is privileged."

2) Whereas FDR had made the everyday working man the focus of his Democratic Party coalition, the modern Dems couldn't care less about anything but demonizing him. They can't even stand to be around everyday people. The modern Dems are a collection of special interest grievances rolled together and united in a shared interest in sticking their hands into the pocket of working people and local, main street business interests. I'd call them "a basket of deplorables" but that term has been used elsewhere.

3) The Dems are no more interested in unifying the country as Trump is. The name of the game is turn out your base, not appeal to moderates. We'll be more divided.

4) Ha! Ha! Ha! Are you kidding me? The legacy media is more slanted than ever. This last two months with how they covered Kavanaugh and the 2018 election blew away the last shreds of doubt on their objectivity. And I am not happy about this as I am tech stupid and a consumer of theirs and still rely on them for the vast bulk of news. They at least use to have professional ethics and seemed to make an attempt to hide their biases but that's been eroding for a long while now and is essentially gone at this point.

----

The national Dems are in a fight with the corporatist wing vs the SJW wing and the working class voters that use to make up the base of their voters in the midwest are just ignored and offered nothing. Here, have some handouts like we offer the blacks and hispanics to keep them in line and be sure to say thank you and tell us how great we are to you.

I think they need to stop looking for things to investigate, for now, and focus hard core on governing over the next two years.

I'd say not doing this would be a good start.

"especially the fat ones"....oh man..... :lol:

End the Mueller probe in it's tracks on day 1. With Sessions out of the way, it will be easy. Just say "it's time to move on". Trump will gloat, so be it.

Almost immediately give Trump real legislation on Immigration and Health Care. He will absolutely crap on the first offers, so be prepared to counter without too much politicing.

Come up with a Federal plan to decriminalize Medical MJ. Trump will sign it.

Quit pandering to the crybabies, if the left grows up, their base will also.

End the Mueller probe in it's tracks on day 1. With Sessions out of the way, it will be easy. Just say "it's time to move on". Trump will gloat, so be it.

Almost immediately give Trump real legislation on Immigration and Health Care. He will absolutely crap on the first offers, so be prepared to counter without too much politicing.

Come up with a Federal plan to decriminalize Medical MJ. Trump will sign it.

Quit pandering to the crybabies, if the left grows up, their base will also.

I can get behind this for the most part :thumbsup:

I dont expect the House or Reps to heal the divide and I dont think thats their responsibility anyway. From their POV they were elected to push an agenda not to make nice. Weve got a POTUS who openly calls for violence against people and spends his rights name calling and taking shots at the horse faced hookers he paid for sex. Trump is infinitely more responsible for the divide than anyone in Congress.

I think the House should push universal healthcare, a more progressive tax code, labor / union rights and a sane but fair immigration policy that includes closed borders through a national eVerify mandate and hammering businesses that employ illegal workers. They should hold Trump to his promise to levy tariffs on US businesses that manufacture overseas. The infrastructure bill that Trump promised never happened. There may be some room for bipartisanship there.

I dont think any of these things will heal division though. We have a petulant child at the top, cant fix that.

• Like 1

I dont expect the House or Reps to heal the divide and I dont think thats their responsibility anyway. From their POV they were elected to push an agenda not to make nice. Weve got a POTUS who openly calls for violence against people and spends his rights name calling and taking shots at the horse faced hookers he paid for sex. Trump is infinitely more responsible for the divide than anyone in Congress.

I think the House should push universal healthcare, a more progressive tax code, labor / union rights and a sane but fair immigration policy that includes closed borders through a national eVerify mandate and hammering businesses that employ illegal workers. They should hold Trump to his promise to levy tariffs on US businesses that manufacture overseas. The infrastructure bill that Trump promised never happened. There may be some room for bipartisanship there.

I dont think any of these things will heal division though. We have a petulant child at the top, cant fix that.

I think they have an opportunity, if they see it. I think the divisive rhetoric from the leftists has been applied to the liberals (rightly or wrongly) and the result was the election of Trump.

The take away should be....let's not fock with the large group of middle-class white people any more....if they continue down that road they bolster support for Trump, their goal should be to erode that support.

Ending the alley-fighting actually helps them.

Neither party has any interest in healing the divide. Even if they had the will, the current way the political system works in this country makes it suicide. Elections now require tons of funding, and the groups that provide the funding expect you to be balls out for their agendas. If you reach across the aisle, you can be sure the next time you are up for re-election your challenger will be the beneficiary of a large media campaign throwing your vote back in your face.

Not a dam thing. They will strive to tear that divide even further apart.

a sane but fair immigration policy that includes closed borders through a national eVerify mandate and hammering businesses that employ illegal workers.

I agree with that one.

The problem is you only see Trump as the petulant child. Pelosi, Waters, Warren, Sanders all petulant children.

I agree with that one.

The problem is you only see Trump as the petulant child. Pelosi, Waters, Warren, Sanders all petulant children.

Watters isn't smart enough to be a child.

• Like 1

I agree with that one.

Thats a pretty wide net youre casting there. I agree with Pelosi being a child. Probably Waters too. Warren dunno. Bernie you may disagree with but hes not a child.

None of them come close to being a disgraceful embarrassing assclown on par with the POTUS.

• Like 1

They'll stick another knife in the American peoples back and call us racist for not liking it

Thats a pretty wide net youre casting there. I agree with Pelosi being a child. Probably Waters too. Warren dunno. Bernie you may disagree with but hes not a child.

None of them come close to being a disgraceful embarrassing assclown on par with the POTUS.

I only disagree with you on Bernie. Every time he doesn't get his way he screams and cries like a 5 year old biotch.

The democrat party has no interest in working things out. The democrat party thrives on division.

The democrat party has no interest in working things out. The democrat party thrives on division.

The democratic party cares more about gaining control more than they care about their own children's future.

The democratic party cares more about gaining control more than they care about their own children's future.

Most liberals don't have children. Look at EU leaders.

Most liberals don't have children. Look at EU leaders.

Fingers crossed! It's like inverse Idiotcracy.

Democrats care more about non citizens than they care about US citizens

Is this another thread where you guys say the same things over and over?

Sh!t even I'm doing it calling you out on it.

Oh the horror

Is this another thread where you guys say the same things over and over?

Sh!t even I'm doing it calling you out on it.

Oh the horror

I have noticed that you use the same narrative in multiple threads. When will you get tired and stop complaining and simply let people say what they want when it doesn't hurt anyone?

Fingers crossed! It's like inverse Idiotcracy.

They reproduce the same way pedophiles do.

I don't know how or why you're expecting the Dems to heal this divided nation.

When all they've done is add several large gashes to Congress..

I don't know how or why you're expecting the Dems to heal this divided nation.

Nobody with a 2 brain cells thinks that.

I have noticed that you use the same narrative in multiple threads. When will you get tired and stop complaining and simply let people say what they want when it doesn't hurt anyone?

Did you see how I said that myself?

If they had just followed my advice. Shows pretty clearly they aren't interested in America.

This has been true and evident for a couple of decades now, from both sides of the isle. They no longer serve people, instead they serve their party ideology.