Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

At least 11 people dead in California bar shooting..

Can we start with schools first?

We already have them here, and it's a great move IMO. They're called resource officers. The district pays 70% of the officer's salary and the county sheriff's dept. picks up the balance. They are fully trained officers pulled straight from the force.

At the elementary level, the kids think it's cool that a cop hangs out with them.

19 hijackers murder 2,996 and injure over 6,000 people and our government will move heaven and Earth to invade 2 countries, spend over a decade nation building, and countless of billions??? maybe trillions?? of dollars spent.

Constant gun deaths by Americans in America by the 1000's a month, and we just say meh, 2nd amendment. Meh, nothing we can do. Meh gangs. Meh crazy people.

America has a problem with guns. America has a problem with the ease of purchasing legal and illegal guns. To keep denying this is wrong and detrimental to individuals who are trying to pursue the rights of life, liberty, and happiness.

agreed

We already have them here, and it's a great move IMO. They're called resource officers. The district pays 70% of the officer's salary and the county sheriff's dept. picks up the balance. They are fully trained officers pulled straight from the force.

At the elementary level, the kids think it's cool that a cop hangs out with them.

And from Columbine to Parkland, these guys have distinguished themselves with extraordinary courage in their fantastic capability to run away and "form a perimeter".

Why do people believe that taking guns away from law abiding citizens will keep guns out of the hands of criminals? Will it work better than the war on drugs?

Despite Britain having what the BBC boasts are some of the toughest gun laws in the world, with law-abiding citizens barred from carrying firearms or any other articles for self-defence in England, Scotland, and Wales even pepper spray is prohibited gun crime surged 11 per cent in the last year, with experts warning illegal weapons are easy to buy from a black market.

https://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/08/12/gun-free-manchester-caribbean-carnival/

The United Kingdoms surge of the previously unheard of phenomenon of acid attacks has seen an average of 15 a week over the past three years, with the vast majority taking place in the crime-struck capital, London.

There were 2,602 acid attacks in Britain between January 2015 and May 2018, the equivalent of 15 a week, according to government figures accessed by The Mirror newspaper.

https://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/08/13/britain-suffers-15-acid-attacks-a-week-with-three-quarters-taking-place-in-london/

Ah the old "drugs are illegal and I can still buy drugs" logic for not banning guns. Yet other weapons from fully-automatic weapons to various explosive materials are banned and it's difficult to get those.?. How perplexing. Perhaps it's because drugs are easy to manufacture, easy to distribute, there's a huge profit margin and a huge demand. Not so much with weapons.

"Other countries have gun violence in spite of bans"... check the stats. US has insanely higher gun violence rates compared to EVERY other 1st world country. It's not even close. Not to mention mass shooting incidents.

"People can still murder with knives, so banning guns is pointless." Every shooting victim in US history probably wished the attacker had only had a knife.

Admit it, you simply love the idea of owning guns and don't care what happens to anyone else. You're not alone, sadly lots of people think that way.

Ah the old "drugs are illegal and I can still buy drugs" logic for not banning guns. Yet other weapons from fully-automatic weapons to various explosive materials are banned and it's difficult to get those.?. How perplexing. Perhaps it's because drugs are easy to manufacture, easy to distribute, there's a huge profit margin and a huge demand. Not so much with weapons.

"Other countries have gun violence in spite of bans"... check the stats. US has insanely higher gun violence rates compared to EVERY other 1st world country. It's not even close. Not to mention mass shooting incidents.

"People can still murder with knives, so banning guns is pointless." Every shooting victim in US history probably wished the attacker had only had a knife.

Admit it, you simply love the idea of owning guns and don't care what happens to anyone else. You're not alone, sadly lots of people think that way.

It's good to see you only come around after tragedies like this. :rolleyes:

You know what scary? Those Super Soakers that can melt people's faces off with acid attacks like 50 people at a time.

That's a thing right?

It's good to see you only come around after tragedies like this. :rolleyes:

Yup. Whenever there's a tragedy like this there is one constant. The gun control zealots are out in force before the bodies are even cold.

No denying access to guns are part of the issue. Anyone who claims otherwise is lying to themselves.

That said, there's definitely something uniquely crazy about American males (generally of the white variety). No other 1st world countries have this kind of random acts of mass violence, regardless of the gun laws. That's usually reserved for some 3rd world ME blowing everyone up type sh!t. Good job America.

• Like 1

If any of these tards would actually read some of the gun stories from Great Britain, it's hysterical. Most of these guys aren't exactly running around with bushmasters.

"Hakeem ajuba stole A starter's pistol from local University whereupon he proceeded to point the weapon at a local ATM customer..."

"The Queen's Royal officers with extra bushy hats and longer sticks division were promptly scrambled whereupon they took into custody the offender without casualty..."

No denying access to guns are part of the issue. Anyone who claims otherwise is lying to themselves.

That said, there's definitely something uniquely crazy about American males (generally of the white variety). No other 1st world countries have this kind of random acts of mass violence, regardless of the gun laws. That's usually reserved for some ME blowing everyone up type sh!t. Good job America.

24 hour news media cycle, angry highly partisan political landscape, extreme class disparity, lack of access to mental healthcare, economic anxiety etc. All contributing factors.

To be honest, when I see "gun violence" I tend to ignore the post. Because the point isn't gun violence, it is violent crime in general, via gun, knife, slingshot, whatever.

That being said, we've raised a generation of kids who can't deal with adversity and seem to think the answer is to shoot up a place video-game style. I'm not sure how to fix that, but I think the solution is more dealing with the mental health of the shooters vs. outlawing guns.

More people die from drowning and from car accidents than gun violence each year. Recent studies in America have shown that about 11,583 people are murdered each year because of CRIMINALS with guns.

Yet they want to take guns away from everyone even though less that .01% of the population kills people with guns.

Most estimates range between 39% and 50% of US households having at least one gun (that's about 43-55 million households). The estimates for the number of privately owned guns range from 190 million to 300 million.

More people die from drowning and from car accidents than gun violence each year. Recent studies in America have shown that about 11,583 people are murdered each year because of CRIMINALS with guns.

Yet they want to take guns away from everyone even though less that .01% of the population kills people with guns.

Most estimates range between 39% and 50% of US households having at least one gun (that's about 43-55 million households). The estimates for the number of privately owned guns range from 190 million to 300 million.

Only speaking for myself here... but I in no way want to take away guns. I am a gun owner, IDPA member, etc. I am in support of some reasonable gun control measures (enhanced background checks, waiting period for ammo, etc), but that's another subject for another day.

My problem is some people seem to just write this off as collateral damage, throw some more guns at the problem, compare apples to oranges, and offer some T&P's... because the "2nd Amendment". My position is this is a major crisis that is unique to America, and we should be doing everything in our power to solve the problem.

• Like 1

11,583 more than the # of Americans killed by foreign refugees on US soil, ever.

Only speaking for myself here... but I in no way want to take away guns. I am in support of some reasonable gun control measures (enhanced background checks, waiting period for ammo, etc), but that's another subject for another day.

My problem is some people seem to just write this off as collateral damage, throw some more guns at the problem, and offer some T&P's... because the "2nd Amendment". My position is this is a major crisis that is unique to America, and we should be doing everything in our power to solve the problem.

See, that's the problem. More people die from texting while driving than do mass shootings but I've never seen you start a thread about "reasonable texting while driving control." This is NOT a major crisis. And that's a fundamental disagreement you and I have that will make it difficult for us to have a discussion about "reasonable gun control measures.

The above being said, the cops had contact with this guy about 6 months ago where he was acting irate and irrationally and they brought in a mental health team. That team concluded he did not need to be taken in to custody. Maybe we need better mental health teams instead of better gun control?

• Like 1

And from Columbine to Parkland, these guys have distinguished themselves with extraordinary courage in their fantastic capability to run away and "form a perimeter".

On April 20, 1999, Neil Gardner, an armed sheriff's deputy who had been policing the school for almost two years, was eating lunch when Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold arrived at Columbine with their deadly arsenal and deadlier intentions.

Gardner said he got a call from a custodian that he was needed in the school's back parking lot. A few minutes later, he encountered Harris, and the two exchanged gunfire. The exchange with Harris lasted for an extended period of time, during which Harris' gun jammed.

The deputy and the backup he immediately called for exchanged fire with the shooters a second time and helped begin the evacuation of students, all before SWAT teams arrived, and before Harris and Klebold eventually killed themselves in the library.

He was clearly outgunned, but does that mean he lacked courage?

• Like 1

11,583 more than the # of Americans killed by foreign refugees on US soil, ever.

That's sort of my point above... people have no problem giving up personal liberties, right to privacy, etc. to protect them from terrorists... but you even mention looking at gun control and it's OMG drunk drivers blah blah blah. Selective outrage.

• Like 1

An Iraqi refugee was arrested last week by the FBI. He travelled from Arizona to Nevada to meet up with what he thought were bad guys to show them how to make bombs. Nice work out of the Feds, these stories concerning violent middle eastern refugees don't get enough attention

So let's just go ahead and add to it. Open the borders. Anther few hundred dead here or there doesn't matter.

See, that's the problem. More people die from texting while driving than do mass shootings but I've never seen you start a thread about "reasonable texting while driving control." This is NOT a major crisis. And that's a fundamental disagreement you and I have that will make it difficult for us to have a discussion about "reasonable gun control measures.

The above being said, the cops had contact with this guy about 6 months ago where he was acting irate and irrationally and they brought in a mental health team. That team concluded he did not need to be taken in to custody. Maybe we need better mental health teams instead of better gun control?

I didn't start this thread either. I think I've started maybe 5 threads in 15 years here...

At any rate, we can both play the "more people die doing XYZ game". More people die by lightning than terrorists attacks on US soil, but our president wants to ban Muslims. Yadda yadda. Around and around.

I agree that we need to look at a mental health, the things jerry mentioned above etc. Anything would be better than the nothing we've been doing for however many years now. Like I said, I'm a gun owner and 2nd A supporter. I'm just not so naive or hell bent on my position to say let's just completely ignore one part of the problem because some dead guys wrote some words on a paper once.

I didn't start this thread either. I think I've started maybe 5 threads in 15 years here...

At any rate, we can both play the "more people die doing XYZ game". More people die by lightning than terrorists attacks, but our president wants to ban Muslims. Yadda yadda. Around and around.

I agree that we need to look at a mental health, the things jerry mentioned above etc. Anything would be better than the nothing we've been doing for however many years now. Like I said, I'm a gun owner and 2nd A supporter. I'm just not so naive or hell bent on my position to say let's just completely ignore one part of the problem because some dead guys wrote some words on a paper once.

NOTHING? Are you familiar with the gun laws California has passed in the last few years? I mean, you are aware this happened in California, right? I suggest you look in to the CA gun control laws, especially the new ones, before you make such an ignorant focking statement again. Care to retract it?

• Like 1

The Difference between the two sides is that one side believes the guns are the problem and the other side believes the person is the problem.

How far should we go? Should we also ban Pepper Spray and other articles self defense like the U.K or should we wait and do it slowly over time. Yes it is a slippery slope.

NOTHING? Are you familiar with the gun laws California has passed in the last few years? I mean, you are aware this happened in California, right? I suggest you look in to the CA gun control laws, especially the new ones, before you make such an ignorant focking statement again. Care to retract it?

I'm talking about on a federal level, you twink. Are you this obtuse in real life, or do you just play a focking retard on the internet?

• Like 1

I'm talking about on a federal level, you twink. Are you this obtuse in real life, or do you just play a focking retard on the internet?

LOL so like most libs you want to change things that wouldn't have made a difference in this case. The guy is from CA, bought his gun in CA subject to CA's extremely restrictive gun laws, and committed his act in CA. But you want to talk about federal gun laws. But yeah, you believe in the 2nd amendment and will claim there is no slippery slope, and aren't using this incident to promote your larger agenda.

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

What? What did you call me?

The Difference between the two sides is that one side believes the guns are the problem and the other side believes the person is the problem.

Then why not legalize all weapons and explosives? After all, the person who misuses them is the problem, not the weapons.?. Ridiculous. The carnage caused by a few nuts is unacceptable. Same for all guns.

Also your argument that "you're more likely to die from text driving" is like saying - it probably won't happen to me, so to hell with those that do get killed. A very shallow position.

Then why not legalize all weapons and explosives? After all, the person who misuses them is the problem, not the weapons.?. Ridiculous. The carnage caused by a few nuts is unacceptable. Same for all guns.

Also your argument that "you're more likely to die from text driving" is like saying - it probably won't happen to me, so to hell with those that do get killed. A very shallow position.

A former Marine -- armed with a Glock 21 .45-caliber handgun with an ILLEGAL Iextended magazine

National laws would not change a thing in CA. We are not and island and with open borders how are you going to stop guns from coming in, the same way we stop drugs?

On April 20, 1999,

Police did not secure the Littleton high school until more than four hours after the assault began around 11:40 a.m. one week ago, even as live television shots of the drama showed heavily armed SWAT-team members from Jefferson County poised outside the building.

Within minutes of the first 911 call, 10 members of the Denver and Jefferson County SWAT details arrived on the scene, Denver Capt. Vince DiManna said in an interview. Many had been off-duty and arrived without their heavy-duty bulletproof vests and SWAT shields. Some didn't even have the soft-body armor all officers normally wear under their uniforms.

-------

gee, boo who. Wonder if the kids inside they were bleeding to death had body armour?

we'll leave out the awfully convenient excuse of gun jamming that nobody else could prove. But two trained police officers can't take down one high school kid with limited gun experience? They know exactly when the guns were purchased by the way.

But even setting the security guard aside as a coward. There is massive footage of literally dozens and dozens of heavily-armed cops with automatic weapons and body armor sitting around picking each other's nose while people literally bled to death inside. 4 hours?

it's funny, even in today's press conference, the sheriff brought up Columbine. I've heard this many times before. "Since Columbine, we have changed our tactics so that we don't just form perimeter and stand outside with an active shooter inside."

so, if cops Nationwide have changed their tactics and still reference Columbine for the up it was? I'll take their word for it.

So let's just go ahead and add to it. Open the borders. Anther few hundred dead here or there doesn't matter.

Refugees have never killed Americans on US soil. What makes you think theyre going to start?

Not an area you'd expect to hear about this happening for sure.

The funny thing is, no one found this insulting. It's accepted as fact. When I respond with another fact, I'm a racist beyotch.

Columbine, Sandy Hook, Florida high school shooting, church shooting, Las Vegas shooting...

Not only did you call me a racist, but the B-word, when in fact it was YOU my friend that made the above statement first. You made the comparison first, not me. I'm always following, not starting. Be angry with yourself.

The funny thing is, no one found this insulting. It's accepted as fact. When I respond with another fact, I'm a racist beyotch.

No, you're a racist beyotch because you're a racist beyotch. Today was just another in a long line of demonstrations of such. BTW, what you posted was not a "fact." If you think it was you need to look up the definition of fact.

National laws would not change a thing in CA.

State laws wouldn't, but Federal laws would. They work well in every other 1st world country.

No one tends to get (seriously) angry about it though. It's what we do.

Because I've triggered his shadow.

That said, there's definitely something uniquely crazy about American males (generally of the white variety). No other 1st world countries have this kind of random acts of mass violence, regardless of the gun laws. That's usually reserved for some 3rd world ME blowing everyone up type sh!t. Good job America.

Are you telling me you don't recall mass shooting events in recent years in France? What are their gun laws like?

• Like 1

LOL so like most libs you want to change things that wouldn't have made a difference in this case. The guy is from CA, bought his gun in CA subject to CA's extremely restrictive gun laws, and committed his act in CA. But you want to talk about federal gun laws. But yeah, you believe in the 2nd amendment and will claim there is no slippery slope, and aren't using this incident to promote your larger agenda.

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Holy sh!t. Are you completely incapable of rational thought?

I never proposed changing anything. Not a single focking thing. I am proposing the federal government put some resources into trying to figure out WTF is going on. Whether that's mental health, over/under prescribing medicine, weak background checks, whatever that is. T&P's aren't doing sh!t, and I don't want to live in a country with armed military standing on every corner.

Did I spell that out clearly enough for you, or do you need me to dumb it down further?

Anyways, I'm done for the day. PEACE!

Refugees have never killed Americans on US soil. What makes you think theyre going to start?

Lie.

No, you're a racist beyotch because you're a racist beyotch. Today was just another in a long line of demonstrations of such. BTW, what you posted was not a "fact." If you think it was you need to look up the definition of fact.

I'm not racist, I like white people, I don't think they're inferior to me, I would date or marry a white person, I don't mind going to church with eating with and vacationing with white people. I don't mind working with whites, I don't think they're smarter or less intelligent than I am, I am not active in any way trying to prevent whites from living their lives.

I am however, aware when someone tries to subtly make a racial statement, which you did.