Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

At least 11 people dead in California bar shooting..

Holy sh!t. Are you completely incapable of rational thought?

I never proposed changing anything. Not a single focking thing. I am proposing the federal government put some resources into trying to figure out WTF is going on. Whether that's mental health, over/under prescribing medicine, weak background checks, whatever that is. T&P's aren't doing sh!t, and I don't want to live in a country with armed military standing on every corner.

Did I spell that out clearly enough for you, or do you need me to dumb it down further?

Anyways, I'm done for the day. PEACE!

Way to move the goalposts. You said we've been doing "nothing" about these incidents. When I pointed out that this guy is from CA, bought his gun legally in CA, and performed his act in CA, suddenly you're talking about the Feds. CA has much more restrictive gun laws than the Feds and they couldn't prevent this incident.

I'm done with you. Much like Gobbledog, who wants to ban all guns, you just move the goalposts whenever someone logically challenges your posts.

I'm not racist, I like white people, I don't think they're inferior to me, I would date or marry a white person, I don't mind going to church with eating with and vacationing with white people. I don't mind working with whites, I don't think they're smarter or less intelligent than I am, I am not active in any way trying to prevent whites from living their lives.

I am however, aware when someone tries to subtly make a racial statement, which you did.

Now you're just being stupid. You should really stop.

Now you're just being stupid. You should really stop.

Then why did you assume I was discussing race, I surely didn't mention it in my post?

Then why did you assume I was discussing race, I surely didn't mention it in my post?

Because EVERY post you make has to do with race.

Because EVERY post you make has to do with race.

Then what was your line of thinking?

Where would YOU expect this sort of thing to happen??

On April 20, 1999, Neil Gardner, an armed sheriff's deputy who had been policing the school for almost two years, was eating lunch when Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold arrived at Columbine with their deadly arsenal and deadlier intentions.

Gardner said he got a call from a custodian that he was needed in the school's back parking lot. A few minutes later, he encountered Harris, and the two exchanged gunfire. The exchange with Harris lasted for an extended period of time, during which Harris' gun jammed.

The deputy and the backup he immediately called for exchanged fire with the shooters a second time and helped begin the evacuation of students, all before SWAT teams arrived, and before Harris and Klebold eventually killed themselves in the library.

He was clearly outgunned, but does that mean he lacked courage?

So, I read the article that you got the above from. Even the security guard doesn't make that claim.

That was written years after the fact as a puff piece for Wayne LaPierre.

Now, here's what was really said:

-----------

For the first four days after the shooting, the sheriffs department claimed

that, as the Rocky Mountain News reported, once the boys attack began, Deputy

Neil Gardner ran into a (school) hallway and faced off with one of the two

gun-toting teenagers. Gardner and the gunman shot it out before the Jefferson

County deputy retreated to call for help. Law enforcement was criticized by

Denver radio hosts and others for the failure of the deputy to stand his ground.

Five days after the shooting stopped, Gardner went on Dateline NBC and

revealed that he had been outside in his patrol carhad driven up when he heard

shootingand that he stopped 50 yards away and fired several shots at Harris,

but missed.

-----------

Jesus...that's the problem. I was living there at the time. They lied so much and so always. You just knew they're covering each other's ass and sure enough they were.

Point is, armed guards are worthless if they're nutless. And almost 20 years later? Same thing at Parkland.

The only good news is, these fuckers have to live with it.

Can I get a link to the last time a refugee killed an American on US soil? There must be a lot of examples since its such a big problem.

Can I get a link to the last time a refugee killed an American on US soil? There must be a lot of examples since its such a big problem.

I cannot think of on, I guess that since it does not happen very often (if at all) then it is something we should not make a big deal about, right?

I cannot think of on, I guess that since it does not happen very often (if at all) then it is something we should not make a big deal about, right?

Examples have been given before. What the buffoon troll MDC stated has been proven false. But for your sake you can start with the LAX shooting. There are more.

Examples have been given before. What the buffoon troll MDC stated has been proven false. But for your sake you can start with the LAX shooting. There are more.

So then the scenario being called out HAS happened, but then my question remains, if the assertion is that it has happened so very few times and as a result we should worry, should I stop worrying because the number of occurences is really low? Is it not worth mention?

And once again it is the Professional that hold a large part of the blame. These failures are really getting old.

A mental health crisis team chose not to involuntarily commit Thousand Oaks gunman Ian David Long for mental health evaluation and treatment in April of this year.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/08/report-mental-health-team-chose-not-to-commit-ian-long-earlier-this-year/

So then the scenario being called out HAS happened, but then my question remains, if the assertion is that it has happened so very few times and as a result we should worry, should I stop worrying because the number of occurences is really low? Is it not worth mention?

The pulse nightclub shooter was the spawn of, and radicalized by, a refugee.

Then there's the Somali refugee , who for some reason they made a cop, who killed that innocent woman in Minnesota.

To be honest, when I see "gun violence" I tend to ignore the post. Because the point isn't gun violence, it is violent crime in general, via gun, knife, slingshot, whatever.

That being said, we've raised a generation of kids who can't deal with adversity and seem to think the answer is to shoot up a place video-game style. I'm not sure how to fix that, but I think the solution is more dealing with the mental health of the shooters vs. outlawing guns.

Well, at least you have an open mind. :rolleyes: When was the last mass sling shooting?

Mental health is definitely a big component of the problem. So is easy access to weapons which kill quickly and efficiently. Both need to be addressed.

Imma go ahead and assume, without reading the three pages already posted...that this has turned into a debate about gun control. Just a hunch

LOL so like most libs you want to change things that wouldn't have made a difference in this case. The guy is from CA, bought his gun in CA subject to CA's extremely restrictive gun laws, and committed his act in CA. But you want to talk about federal gun laws. But yeah, you believe in the 2nd amendment and will claim there is no slippery slope, and aren't using this incident to promote your larger agenda.

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

What's sad is ignoring the mounds of data that show gun control measures work.

The Difference between the two sides is that one side believes the guns are the problem and the other side believes the person is the problem.

How far should we go? Should we also ban Pepper Spray and other articles self defense like the U.K or should we wait and do it slowly over time. Yes it is a slippery slope.

One side acknowledges both the shooter and weapon contribute to deaths. The other thinks more weapons leads to less deaths, despite clear evidence to the contrary.

The funny thing is, no one found this insulting. It's accepted as fact. When I respond with another fact, I'm a racist beyotch.

Columbine, Sandy Hook, Florida high school shooting, church shooting, Las Vegas shooting...

Not only did you call me a racist, but the B-word, when in fact it was YOU my friend that made the above statement first. You made the comparison first, not me. I'm always following, not starting. Be angry with yourself.

Insulting is a little too strong. Ignorant maybe. His response was the unwarranted part.

One side acknowledges both the shooter and weapon contribute to deaths. The other thinks more weapons leads to less deaths, despite clear evidence to the contrary.

When the second amendment was written, the current left is exactly what they were talking about defending against.

• Like 1

19 hijackers murder 2,996 and injure over 6,000 people and our government will move heaven and Earth to invade 2 countries, spend over a decade nation building, and countless of billions??? maybe trillions?? of dollars spent.

Constant gun deaths by Americans in America by the 1000's a month, and we just say meh, 2nd amendment. Meh, nothing we can do. Meh gangs. Meh crazy people.

America has a problem with guns. America has a problem with the ease of purchasing legal and illegal guns. To keep denying this is wrong and detrimental to individuals who are trying to pursue the rights of life, liberty, and happiness.

LOL, the ignorance followed by the arrogance here is amazing. I can't believe you really meant this. Sarcasm, right?

11,583 more than the # of Americans killed by foreign refugees on US soil, ever.

In reading this thread, I don't see where "refugees" were brought up. What is this in reference too?

When the second amendment was written, the current left is exactly what they were talking about defending against.

Oh, I'm sure they'd want a musket in every bathroom to keep out the trannies. But what does that have to do with keeping our militia well regulated?

In reading this thread, I don't see where "refugees" were brought up. What is this in reference too?

He's pointing out that Americans suck and people from other countries are better.

People are trying to conflate illegal immigration to crime, and by extension, mass shootings.

Oh, I'm sure they were they'd want a musket in every bathroom to keep out the trannies. But what does that have to do with keeping our militia well regulated?

When the constitution was written the Founders knew there would be more than muskets, lol. I mean even around that time in the 1770's there was already the Belton Flintlock which is an early form of a rapid firing weapon. Most of the FF's were inventors, you don't think they could foresee more advancements in firearms? I'm not getting into a gun debate with you though, you already have your mind made up. I am just stating that I am happy there is a 2nd amendment with how crazy your side acts. Never know when you are going to run into one of the lunatics in public.

There are hundreds of these stories world wide

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The young refugee smiled broadly as he accepted his associate degree from a local community college less than seven months ago, jumping in the air on stage as the announcer said, “Abdul Razak Artan, laude.”

Mr. Artan, who had been in the United States for just two years, seemed to be a success story in this city’s large network of Somali refugees, excelling in his classes at Columbus State Community College and getting accepted as a transfer student to nearby Ohio State University.

But the image of a jubilant graduate in a cap and gown conflicted sharply with Mr. Artan’s actions on Monday, when the police say he rammed a car into pedestrians on a sidewalk at Ohio State before jumping out and stabbing people with a butcher knife.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/01/us/from-somalia-to-us-ohio-state-attackers-path-to-violence.html

Ali was one of seven Minneapolis-area Somali men killed over a 10-month period, and authorities believe all were killed by fellow Somalis. Police say it's too simple to tie all the killings to Somali gangs, which have lured hundreds of young community members to their ranks in recent years.

Those in the insular community willing to speak out, however, disagree.

"It was all gang activity, totally, 100 percent," said Shukri Adan, a former Somali community organizer who estimated in a 2007 report for the city that between 400 and 500 young Somalis were active in gangs. "The police don't want to say that but everybody else knows that."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32010471/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/minneapolis-struggles-somali-gangs/#.W-SjjxplChA

MAINE: Somali Muslim invaders charged in murder so brutal, the case has been sealed from the media

Authorities in Portland, Maine, have arrested three Somali Muslim thugs in connection with the brutal killing of a man inside his apartment, then moved quickly to seal the case from public view.

WND Police arrested Abil Teshome, 23, Mohamud Mohamed, 36, and Osman Sheikh, 31, on Thursday. All three are charged with the murder of 49-year-old health-care worker Freddy Akoa. The 3 Muslims are from Portland but they have no fixed addresses, police said.

http://barenakedislam.com/2015/08/15/maine-somali-muslim-invaders-charged-in-murder-so-brutal-the-case-has-been-sealed-from-the-media/

Refugee charged with murder was in ICE custody in 2016

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/6/refugee-charged-with-murder-was-in-ice-custody-in-/

Muslim 'refugees' threaten Minnesota community with rape

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2016/07/muslim-refugees-threaten-minnesota-community-with-rape/#AR7UQumDJmUB2tt6.99

Minnesota Sheriff Reports to Congress on Growing Somalia Gang Threat in Hennepin County

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/minnesota-sheriff-reports-congress-growing-somalia-gang-threat-hennepin-county

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

• Like 1

People are trying to conflate illegal immigration to crime, and by extension, mass shootings.

Uh, no, MDC was trolling because I own him. RMFF like a mutha

When the constitution was written the Founders knew there would be more than muskets, lol. I mean even around that time in the 1770's there was already the Belton Flintlock which is an early form of a rapid firing weapon. Most of the FF's were inventors, you don't think they could foresee more advancements in firearms? I'm not getting into a gun debate with you though, you already have your mind made up. I am just stating that I am happy there is a 2nd amendment with how crazy your side acts. Never know when you are going to run into one of the lunatics in public.

I was joking about the musket.

And both sides contain plenty of lunatics, yet gun owners are more likely to be shot.

I just heard there were some survivors from the Las Vegas shooting that were at the bar. Crazy.

That's crazy? If you check out the footage you can clearly see a lot of the so-called Sandy Hook victims at the bar.

'crisis actors'

That's cuz they've got nothing to retort against my post on Veterans.

Imma go ahead and assume, without reading the three pages already posted...that this has turned into a debate about gun control. Just a hunch

Yup, The old liberal mantra "never let a tragedy go to waste" comes to mind.

You know, a lot of people think the term cupcake arise from the fact that they look like they've been baked in cups.

This isn't true.

You see, the cupcake is quite revolutionary.

Prior to the cupcake, baking recipes involved scales and weights.

Not everybody had such Contraptions at their home. But what everybody had of course was a teacup.

Not only is a cupcake revolutionary because of the use of Cups rather than weights but also because it is a mathematical equation that works every time. This is why they are so popular. They can be handed down from generation to generation without complex or complicated written instructions.

It is as easy as 1 2 3 4

One cup of butter.

Two cups of sugar.

Three cups of flour.

Four eggs.

add a cup of milk and a little baking powder and voila, you've got cupcakes.

Now you have something to talk to the wife about.

You know, a lot of people think the term cupcake arise from the fact that they look like they've been baked in cups.

This isn't true.

You see, the cupcake is quite revolutionary.

Prior to the cupcake, baking recipes involved scales and weights.

Not everybody had such Contraptions at their home. But what everybody had of course was a teacup.

Not only is a cupcake revolutionary because of the use of Cups rather than weights but also because it is a mathematical equation that works every time. This is why they are so popular. They can be handed down from generation to generation without complex or complicated written instructions.

It is as easy as 1 2 3 4

One cup of butter.

Two cups of sugar.

Three cups of flour.

Four eggs.

add a cup of milk and a little baking powder and voila, you've got cupcakes.

Now you have something to talk to the wife about.

Thanks Cliff. Can you give us the history of the word snowflake too?