Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

A. Collins for Demaryius Thomas - fair trade? Need expert opinions!

This thread will probably get locked, but yes, perfectly fair trade....particularly in light of Thomas' upgrade at QB and Collins' new competition for snaps (Montgomery) and the potential for a new running QB at the helm.

• Like 1

Depends on your roster.

I am no expert, but, if you put your team and league type in your "SIGNATURE" :doh: you will get quicker and expert answers.

You throw in 3 skittles and they get 5 mm’s.

That would make it even, clearly skittles are better.

why is this even a question?

couple mediocre players being traded yawn

snowflake fantasy players

WOW, that trade is lopsided!

I have profited from fantasy football the last 7 years in a row and I can tell you that trade is ABSURD!

Depends on your roster.

I dont know, it depends.

No it doesn’t. He asked if the trade was fair at face value. He did not ask if he should make the trade.

It is perfectly fair and no roster situation on either side could possibly make it not fair.

why is this even a question?

couple mediocre players being traded yawn

agreed. This trade is as vanilla as it comes. Two fantasy relevant but low upside players traded for each other, why is this a topic?

agreed. This trade is as vanilla as it comes. Two fantasy relevant but low upside players traded for each other, why is this a topic?

OP might be the kind of guy that cant decide which pair of socks to wear in the morning and has a mini meltdown over it to himself for a few seconds before getting it together.

Ignore the sarcastic types. All being equal if you need another wr yes. DT may not get volume but right matchup should get you a floor of 8 pts and occasional TD and ok trade if you have concern about Collins being benched.

That said you also never know if Collins pulls a Crowell and has a productive game here or there

No it doesn’t. He asked if the trade was fair at face value. He did not ask if he should make the trade.

It is perfectly fair and no roster situation on either side could possibly make it not fair.

Not for me.

He didn’t ask if he should make the trade true, he did ask to rate the trade.

For me the rest of the roster actually makes it easier to rate this trade.

Thanks for your input always appreciate it.

he did ask to rate the trade.

Again...no, he didnt.

Reread the post if need be.

Also again...the rosters have nothing to do with wether the trade is fair at face value. I can continue to teach you Why this is the case if need be. This is actually becoming fun for me.

Op asked to rate this trade to see if we thought it was a fair trade.

I need to know the rosters to do so.

So right now unless I know more about the rosters, I don’t know if it was a fair trade

It’s the way I work.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Op asked to rate this trade

Again...No, he didn’t.

Can you really and truly not comprehend his post to this degree? Read it again? Slower?

This is getting surreal...

Yes op asked if this is a fair trade, so op is asking to rate it to see if it’s a fair trade.

I can if I know the rosters.

Please let’s keep this going, it’s becoming very entertaining.

I appreciate it.

So if I know the rosters I can tell the op if I rate this trade as a fair trade.

Thanks.

Yes op asked if this is a fair trade, so op is asking to rate it to see if its a fair trade.

I can if I know the rosters.

Please lets keep this going, its becoming very entertaining.

I appreciate it.

So if I know the rosters I can tell the op if I rate this trade as a fair trade.

Thanks.

Ok...Weep...please listen to me. Im trying to help you here.

Ok here we go...

The phrase FACE VALUE means he is looking for evaluation of the trade without considering the other rosters. Heres a real life example...lets pretend I asked you if an apple was worth a buck. Well, if you are broke, then no its not worth it, because you cant afford it, right? Ok...but now if I asked you if the Apple was worth a buck AT FACE VALUE, that means I am asking you to evaluate the apples worth without considering your personal finances. We on the same page yet?

lets review.

The OP asked if the trade was fair at face value. The rosters are not relevent because he did not ask if the trade was good, made sense, would help his team etc. He simply asked if it was fair...at face value. Asking if a trade is fair is not the same as asking to rate a trade. Rate a trade is asking if the trade makes sense for him considering the rosters. Asking if a trade is fair is a dif thing altogether.

• Like 1

I understand the question.

I still need to know then rosters before I can say if I think its a fair trade.

And the op never said to rate the trade, the op asked if its a fair trade.

Once again until I know the rosters I dont know if its a fair deal.

Didnt see the op say anything about the value of a apple.

Hold on, nope no apple, its juat about ff, so once again if I know the roster I can tell the op if I Thought it was a fair trade. Ask for the apple of the apple cost a dollar and I cant afford the dollar it doesnt make the apple an unfair value, it means I cant afford to buy the apple.

Thanks.

Ok...Weep...please listen to me. Im trying to help you here.

Ok here we go...

The phrase FACE VALUE means he is looking for evaluation of the trade without considering the other rosters. Heres a real life example...lets pretend I asked you if an apple was worth a buck. Well, if you are broke, then no its not worth it, because you cant afford it, right? Ok...but now if I asked you if the Apple was worth a buck AT FACE VALUE, that means I am asking you to evaluate the apples worth without considering your personal finances. We on the same page yet?

lets review.

The OP asked if the trade was fair at face value. The rosters are not relevent because he did not ask if the trade was good, made sense, would help his team etc. He simply asked if it was fair...at face value. Asking if a trade is fair is not the same as asking to rate a trade. Rate a trade is asking if the trade makes sense for him considering the rosters. Asking if a trade is fair is a dif thing altogether.

:thumbsup:

When the trade is that screwy, there really isn't any need to see the rosters.

If we were trading $10 for $12, then the rosters matter. But not when someone is trading $3 for $25. A trade doesn't have to be $10 for $10. $10 for $8 is ok. Sometimes $40 for $35 is even ok. But $15 for $40 trades should always be vetoed.

Is this an Abbott and Costello routine? :dunno:

Your reply sent me off to YouTube in search of the dueling banjos scene from Deliverance, which i haven't seen in over 20 years. Lo and behold, one of the linked vids to the banjo scene was Who's On First from Abbott and Costello.

:thumbsup:

When the trade is that screwy, there really isn't any need to see the rosters.

If we were trading $10 for $12, then the rosters matter. But not when someone is trading $3 for $25. A trade doesn't have to be $10 for $10. $10 for $8 is ok. Sometimes $40 for $35 is even ok. But $15 for $40 trades should always be vetoed.

Agreed, easy veto with this trade.

It's fine with me,

Both are like getting a C on your report card,

Not exciting but gets you by

I understand the question.

I still need to know then rosters before I can say if I think its a fair trade.

And the op never said to rate the trade, the op asked if its a fair trade.

Once again until I know the rosters I dont know if its a fair deal.

Didnt see the op say anything about the value of a apple.

Hold on, nope no apple, its juat about ff, so once again if I know the roster I can tell the op if I Thought it was a fair trade. Ask for the apple of the apple cost a dollar and I cant afford the dollar it doesnt make the apple an unfair value, it means I cant afford to buy the apple.

Thanks.

Wrong, and also no, you do not understand the question. But cheers, to each their own.

Basically Weeps, heres the answer to the OP..observe.

OP, to answer your question, yes your trade is perfectly fair at face value. Both players suck evenly, theres no problem with it. However, for us to say wether it would be a smart roster move for you, which was probably the intent of your post in the first place, we would need to see your roster. Thanks.

Thats the correct answer.

• Like 1

no trade should ever be vetoed

this

my league tried to Veto me trading MGIII and Cam for Mahomes, Chubb, and Michel, before Michel and Chubb were even the starters, I was 0-4

luckily it didn't get vetoed and I am now 6-4

I've spent a lot of time pondering this trade and I would veto it, based on speculation.

A deal of this magnitude needs more time to process.

Basically Weeps, heres the answer to the OP..observe.

OP, to answer your question, yes your trade is perfectly fair at face value. Both players suck evenly, theres no problem with it. However, for us to say wether it would be a smart roster move for you, which was probably the intent of your post in the first place, we would need to see your roster. Thanks.

Thats the correct answer.

Ok let’s see how about this , OP It Depends On Your Roster ( caps)

Also OP the cost and value of apples.

How’s that.

Oh one more thing, who’s on first. Hey have a great night, I appreciate your ability to keep us entertained.

Great job brovo.

no trade should ever be vetoed

When a trade is that lopsided it can RUIN the league. Nice call by the commish to veto it and save the league

Sometimes I trade my under performing trash player for a different trash player so I can be disappointed with a new player on Sundays. This trade isn't that far off from that.

I think it's fair but since it's fair, I take the RB side of the deal. Always take the RB over the WR when it's even IMO.

Sometimes I trade my under performing trash player for a different trash player so I can be disappointed with a new player on Sundays. This trade isn't that far off from that.

Agreed.

Who cares?

If this is the type of trade that can cause a problem. What the heck is gonna happen when a real questionable trade arises?

Imagine if the originator of this question is a newbie or a kid etc.

childish to give them such a hard time

A deal of this magnitude needs more time to process.

If only we knew their rosters and what they had for breakfast last Sunday, we could deem it fair (or not) at face value.