Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

When do you hancuff running backs?

My RBs are Hunt, Zeke, Aaron Jones, and Michel-start 2. I know I probably should at least pick up Ware, but heck, I don't want to just give a good RB up to somebody else (our stupid league ends trading after week 8). How do you guys play it with your teams?

All depends on your roster, who you'd have to cut to add someone like Ware (who is a must add, imo), and where you are at in the waiver order and whether your waiver order resets each week or not. Lots of factors. But don't be cute. If you can drop a mediocre WR for Ware, do it. I def would NOT drop any of the RBs you list above.

All depends on your roster, who you'd have to cut to add someone like Ware (who is a must add, imo), and where you are at in the waiver order and whether your waiver order resets each week or not. Lots of factors. But don't be cute. If you can drop a mediocre WR for Ware, do it. I def would NOT drop any of the RBs you list above.

Yeah that's it-our archaic league rules state that I would have to drop one of those RBs (can't have unbalance rosters), plus we don't have a waiver order-from gametime Sunday until Tuesday at 6:00 am everything's locked, then at 6 Tuesday it's a free for all for waivers.

You cuff when the guy stands to have incredible value in case of injury. In most cases it’s just a committee and your guy sucks and it was a waste. But in cases like Murray for example he was a good cuff for Cook owners. Ware is worth an add just in case as you want a piece of that offense.

• Like 1

I don't really go into it with the idea I'm handcuffing.

If I pick up a player who is a handcuff it's usually an RB in a committee that has at least some value as a 2nd stringer

I just dropped DJ Moore and picked up Ware. This is usually the point in the season I start handcuffing RBs.

Yeah that's it-our archaic league rules state that I would have to drop one of those RBs (can't have unbalance rosters), plus we don't have a waiver order-from gametime Sunday until Tuesday at 6:00 am everything's locked, then at 6 Tuesday it's a free for all for waivers.

In this case if you have to drop one of your other RBs, you would not do that, as they are all too valuable. But since your crazy league has no waivers, here's what you do. If Hunt gets hurt, you wake up at 5:55am and you pray to god you are the first person at 6am to vulture Ware off waivers. Incidentally, your league is crazy unfair and dumb...hahha. Seriously, not having waivers encourages what's called "vulturing"...whoever has the most free time sit around and react first wins, which isn't fair at all.

In this case if you have to drop one of your other RBs, you would not do that, as they are all too valuable. But since your crazy league has no waivers, here's what you do. If Hunt gets hurt, you wake up at 5:55am and you pray to god you are the first person at 6am to vulture Ware off waivers. Incidentally, your league is crazy unfair and dumb...hahha. Seriously, not having waivers encourages what's called "vulturing"...whoever has the most free time sit around and react first wins, which isn't fair at all.

You're exactly right about the vulturing-and as far as getting up early on Tuesday, one of the 2 guys who won't bend on the rules is the one guy who when he wants a player he just seems to be a little faster with the button at 6:00 am...…...I call it BS! And yes I would love to be able to drop a crap WR but we HAVE to have 3 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 WRs, and 2 TEs on our rosters-don't ask me why, ask the "stubborn 2" in our league. They'll be out-voted next year-we'll change something, I want 24/7 free agency!

Yea that rule is exactly as you said, archaic. We had it like that over a decade ago before we wised up. Most of the time bad rules arent from stubbornness, its from not knowing any better. Example one year we had 2 divisions and instead of the smart thing, 2 division winners and 4 wild cards, we had top 3 from each. This led to worse records making the playoffs. Also no sport ever does that lol, it makes no sense. Its just commish who isnt too bright and doesnt know better.

• Like 1

In one league I have Saquon, Conner, McCaffrey and Mixon. We have 5 bench spots only. If I had a STUD QB (rolling out Fitz and Trubisky) and could afford to just have that one, I would have room for a handcuff. But realistically speaking, maybe Jaylen Samuels and Gio Bernard have value? Nobody backing up Saquon and McCaffrey would even compare to their output.

I would stick with the Rbs I have, unless I see a true advantage of taking a handcuff.

I think it a lot of cases it’s over thinking the situation, and some give up more then they will receive in return, so I agree with the op why waste the spot of you don’t need to.

Unless I feel that the next man up if you would, will be better then the other Rbs I have I don’t bother.

• Like 1

package Jones/Michel and a wr and upgrade at wr.. then pick up ware

That sounds like a GREAT idea-except our trade deadline is week 8...…………..pretty lame, huh? Thanks anyway, good luck this week!

I just picked up Samuels this week (dropped Kupp) to CMA in case Conner's head problems don't go away.

I just picked up Samuels this week (dropped Kupp) to CMA in case Conner's head problems don't go away.

Smart move, one ding in the head and Samuels could be the man.

Handcuffs on men... oh, its getting a little hot and steamy on this forum.

take it to the geek bored you sicko...

:cheers:

It really depends on your roster. If you have 2 starting RBs like say Hunt and Conner then you have guys like P. Barber on your bench you are usually better off dropping either barber or a low end WR youll never start for Ware or Conners backup. Now that byes are over youll never start a guy like Barber over Hunt or Conner, but if either of those guys get hurt their backups are much more valuable than a guy like Barber etc.