Cloaca du jour

Thanksgiving items your preparing...

This is the recipe I was eyeing https://www.thekitchn.com/appetizer-recipe-herbed-goat-cheese-polenta-bites-187012... pan fry after refrigerating them for a little while. There's more steps than I'm crazy about but maybe it'll be worth it.

when i served polenta cakes i would either deep fry or sear them on my flat top (griddle). i would then toss them in grated parm. because you wanted quick i suggested the oven....also requires less equipment and kitchen space. i like that recipe listed it's just not quick

Too much football to be in the kitchen

we have a tv in the kitchen, but i am cooking tonight so no real effort on thanksgiving

when i served polenta cakes i would either deep fry or sear them on my flat top (griddle). i would then toss them in grated parm. because you wanted quick i suggested the oven....also requires less equipment and kitchen space. i like that recipe listed it's just not quick

Thanks bier :cheers: What are you most excited (if that word still applies to your cooking endeavors) about making this year?

My parents are hosting this year and i will not be doing the whole feast. I asked my mother what three things she wanted me to prepare and she went with my roasted butternut squash/green apple soup, dressing/stuffing, and my wife is making a pumpkin chiffon pie. i can't say that i am excited about this because i have made them so many times, but it will be nice to see the family.

:thumbsup:

That soup sounds awesome.

I know I've posted it quite a few times. Do a search for Thanksgiving with me as author.

My parents are hosting this year and i will not be doing the whole feast. I asked my mother what three things she wanted me to prepare and she went with my roasted butternut squash/green apple soup, dressing/stuffing, and my wife is making a pumpkin chiffon pie. i can't say that i am excited about this because i have made them so many times, but it will be nice to see the family.

You have the recipe for the butternut squash/green apple soup? Cause it sounds delicious

You have the recipe for the butternut squash/green apple soup? Cause it sounds delicious

Search

don't need to search far..... i posted it on the first page of this thread

I was slow to respond to the group text of the ladies in the family coordinating things. I usually cover dessert but that's covered now. There is room to contribute an appetizer. It has to be fast but hopefully...you know, good :D I'm considering herbed goat cheese polenta bites. Something even quicker but magically good (calling bier) would be even better though.

No offense...this didnt sound very good. Polenta reminds me of mush.

Last minute my sister tells me to bring a salad. Like 18 pounds of brisket isn't enough. :wall:

Fock it I'm making tabouli.

Last minute my sister tells me to bring a salad. Like 18 pounds of brisket isn't enough. :wall:

Fock it I'm making tabouli.

Bring romaine lettuce. Thatll show her.

my preparing what?

any of you phags want my wife's corn casserole recipe??? :rolleyes:

No thank you. We can tell by her choice in men that her taste sucks. :wave:

No thank you. We can tell by her choice in men that her taste sucks. :wave:

come on. you can put in your frilly recipe card rolodex next to your spice rack

The verdict is in. It's all about the kids tomorrow, so they're making homemade pasta, pizzas and rice crispy treats.

Saturday will be smoked turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, corn, asparagus with almonds, pumpkin pie and my wife's chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting.

The verdict is in. It's all about the kids tomorrow, so they're making homemade pasta, pizzas and rice crispy treats.

Saturday will be smoked turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, corn, asparagus with almonds, pumpkin pie and my wife's chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting.

Awesome idea. :thumbsup:

Nice :thumbsup:

Could be its own thread, but I'm pretty sure there's only one right answer here. Grossest Thanksgiving side dish?

Hey, let's take things that have the same shape look and texture as testicles. Let's boil those, then just to complete the picture, let's cover them in a sperm like substance. Lots of sperm like substance. Yeah, then let's serve this with actual food.

look, you want to put a pickled Pearl onion in My Bloody Mary or my martini, or whatever drink? I can live with that.

But GawdFockNo on that shiit.

Could be its own thread, but I'm pretty sure there's only one right answer here. Grossest Thanksgiving side dish?

Hey, let's take things that have the same shape look and texture as testicles. Let's boil those, then just to complete the picture, let's cover them in a sperm like substance. Lots of sperm like substance. Yeah, then let's serve this with actual food.

look, you want to put a pickled Pearl onion in My Bloody Mary or my martini, or whatever drink? I can live with that.

But GawdFockNo on that shiit.

and this is not the gheyest thing you have ever posted

No offense...this didnt sound very good. Polenta reminds me of mush.

Ha, none taken. It would have been an adventure. But I realized today that I probably would regret not choosing something faster, and a co-worker recommended this...says everyone consistently loves it. https://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2015/05/13/caramel-cream-cheese-apple-dip-2/ So I'll go ahead and be that lazy.

• Like 1

That's some fancy grits.

I'm preparing for a BIG win over the Washington Redskins :thumbsup:

It wasn't the tastiest, but it was still delicious and I'm stuffed! :doublethumbsup:

On 11/18/2018 at 1:54 PM, NorthernVike said:

I'm smoking a brisket. Not a huge fan of Turkey.

One year later, I'm doing the same thing.    :cheers:

• Like 1

my preparing what?

small this year (about 12 people).  mother requested the traditional menu.  I have been very busy with work so chatted with a friend (caterer)... sourcing 1 pie (caramel apple with streusel topping and biscuits.

We're cooking up a Buffalo this year, hopefully it'll be done by Halftime. :thumbsup:

It better be!!!🤬

Quite Thankful to GOD either way! 💗

• Like 1

Almost forgot. Also bringing this white truffle hot sauce that tastes focking AMAZING. This stuff is legit. If you like truffles, especially white truffles, I highly suggest getting this. Apparently, it made Oprah’s 2019 top products or some Sh1t. Either way, the white truffle is only limited time while the black truffle hot sauce is year round 

https://truffhotsauce.com/products/white-truffle-hot-sauce

hmmmm i am hesitant.

I love truffles

I like hot sauce.

Get the feeling that the hot sauce overpowers the truffles