Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Jaguars shakeup, OC fired, Bortles Benched

Problems: solved. Or not.

Have they been solved as to getting rid of the "problems", yes. Have they been solved as they have the "solution", no, not yet.

Most of us saw this coming 10-11 months ago, minus the Jax front office of course.

To my untrained eye they have a WR corps that some QB's ( and OC's) would drool over.

Maybe they spotted a QB they like coming out of next year's draft. Course, I don't think they needed to sit down Bortles to get a better draft pick. Hmm...

Most of us saw this coming 10-11 months ago, minus the Jax front office of course.

To my untrained eye they have a WR corps that some QB's ( and OC's) would drool over.

Maybe if he liked men but it wouldn't be because of their talent.

I always thought with Bortles it was about his head, and things like mechanics. When he was on, especially early in his career he was a Fantasy Monster, I wonder if he resurfaces somewhere else one day Au Revoir Ricky Bortles...

NFL suspended RB Leonard Fournette one game for violating the league's unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness policy.

Carlos Hyde available in a lot of leagues is in play next week...

Bortles was only a fantasy monster when the Jags were down by 21 in the 2nd half and he was facing soft coverage. He led the league two years in a row in 2nd half yards. It isn't because he was a good QB, but because he had screwed up so bad in the 1st half, there was no need to keep pressing with the Corners.

The questions I have for the Jags are what do they do with Bortles, Campbell, etc.... All their recent big name signing carry a significant cap hit if released. Bortles is a $16.5 million hit. They have several guys they can get rid of, but I don't know that any of them can be traded/dumped without a massive cap hit. The defense also will have a few guys coming due for a new contract in the next two seasons.

I say they should blow it up. Treat it like a fantasy team and deal absolutely everyone. Keep only the Waterboy and the shoe shiner. How many #1 picks could they get? AJ & Ramsey should each command a 1st. Fournette? Campbell? Jack? I bet if we reviewed the entire roster, they could walk away with 8 combined 1st and 2nd round picks. Why not? Have some fun in Jacksonville!

Any chance Fournette wins an appeal? I also have Aaron Jones, Lamar Miller, Josh Adams and Yeldon but must win to get into playoffs and would like to have Leonard

Any chance Fournette wins an appeal? I also have Aaron Jones, Lamar Miller, Josh Adams and Yeldon but must win to get into playoffs and would like to have Leonard

I see no way he wins an appeal.

Include the GM as well. They pull the trigger for a veteran QB before the trade deadline and they're right in it.