Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

Justin Jackson

Ok ok. I know....Ekeler is being touted as the guy now. But I just want to toss out an alternate scenario.

Ekeler has predominantly been the passing down back (to spell Melvin) and with Melvin healthy has spelled him sporadically on running plays.

But without Melvin involved, we did see Justin Jackson come in and get some burn last week post injury.

Do we think maybe we are overselling/buying Ekeler? Is it within reason that the Chargers give Jackson double digit carries, and Ekeler maintains his pass down role with a slight uptick in usage?

I'm just not entirely sold Ekeler is going to be the guy to fill in and take the bulk of the work, and I think people are sleeping on Justin Jackson.

Or is it within reason that as we saw the last time Melvin was out, they simply run the ball less all around?

I think it has a chance. Some guys even if they are the #2 back during the season are still complementary guys. I think Ekeler has shown well it could be the guy, it could be a 50/50 split. Jackson can't be trusted with the fantasy start this week. I am excited to see how this plays out on Sunday night.

I think it has a chance. Some guys even if they are the #2 back during the season are still complementary guys. I think Ekeler has shown well it could be the guy, it could be a 50/50 split. Jackson can't be trusted with the fantasy start this week. I am excited to see how this plays out on Sunday night.

I definitely wouldn't be starting Jackson this week, but I feel like he should be owned in all formats.

No.

I don’t think Jackson will get that much work.

I think Ekeler will get a lot of work.

Ok ok. I know....Ekeler is being touted as the guy now. But I just want to toss out an alternate scenario.

Ekeler has predominantly been the passing down back (to spell Melvin) and with Melvin healthy has spelled him sporadically on running plays.

But without Melvin involved, we did see Justin Jackson come in and get some burn last week post injury.

Do we think maybe we are overselling/buying Ekeler? Is it within reason that the Chargers give Jackson double digit carries, and Ekeler maintains his pass down role with a slight uptick in usage?

I'm just not entirely sold Ekeler is going to be the guy to fill in and take the bulk of the work, and I think people are sleeping on Justin Jackson.

Or is it within reason that as we saw the last time Melvin was out, they simply run the ball less all around?

I think the Tenn game with Gordon out is the blueprint for Eckler's usage. He was the primary back in that game and had 19 touches. Jackson had 3. I think Jackson got more work last week because they were blowing zona out. I expect that this week it will be mostly Eckler in a huge game vs Pitt. I do think he'll pick up a few touches and would have value if Eckler were to get injured, but I think the gameplan will be for Eckler to carry the load.

I’m staying away from him. I’d rather pick up CThompson over him.

Got him cuffing Elk, who is cuffing Gordon.

Luckily, with the playoffs wrapped up and bye weeks behind, I was able to clear up room to carry all three.

Got him cuffing Elk, who is cuffing Gordon.

Luckily, with the playoffs wrapped up and bye weeks behind, I was able to clear up room to carry all three.

I as well.

Anyone think the Chargers rest Gordon until the playoffs?

I am sure they would prefer to, IF they have they have the playoffs sewed up.

However, as was demonstrated last week....Gordon is pretty insistent upon playing.

Anyone think the Chargers rest Gordon until the playoffs?

I don't. You don't want an integral piece of your offense coming back IN the playoffs. I think Gordon is back by week 16. Maybe week 15 depending on how things go with their games.

Week 16 at the earliest. They are not going to give him 2 weeks to recover and roll him out in week 15. There will also he sone consideration on how Ekler and Jackson hold down the fort in the first couple of weeks.

Full-blown RBBC until Gordon gets back.....no doubt.

In Elk's defense, Jackson had much better blocking on his better runs and his good catch/run

• Like 1

Melvin could be back as soon as this coming week. BUT I hope others grabbed Jackson like I did. He will come in handy for first week of playoffs, depending on your options. If Melvin sits this week expect double digit carries for Jackson in a good matchup.

Full-blown RBBC until Gordon gets back.....no doubt.

In Elk's defense, Jackson had much better blocking on his better runs and his good catch/run

It depends how you define RBBC. And it will likely be determined by game script. In a game against Cinci this week, I expect the Chargers to play with a lead, paving the way for Jackson to get his carries.

I think it will be back and forth.

I can see Ekeler out performing Jackson next week.

It’s just the way it sometimes seems to go, against the flow.

Maybe nfl coaches check out this board and see who’s the hot pick ups and go the other way just to screw things up.

Or maybe not and it just seems like it.

It depends how you define RBBC. And it will likely be determined by game script. In a game against Cinci this week, I expect the Chargers to play with a lead, paving the way for Jackson to get his carries.

oh yeah....surely melvin sits this week at home vs Cinncinatti. With a KC thursday night game upcoming next.

I picked up Jackson hoping they run the snot out of him in a blowout in the 1st week of the playoffs

oh yeah....surely melvin sits this week at home vs Cinncinatti. With a KC thursday night game upcoming next.

I picked up Jackson hoping they run the snot out of him in a blowout in the 1st week of the playoffs

I'd think he sits. But if he is in fact healthy, I think the Chargers have made it clear they will play him as soon as he's available, so who knows!

I would bet a large amount Gordon sits this week. It is an easily winnable game and you want Gordon as close to 100% as possible for KC.

I also think that Jackson has shown enough with his touches that he is the inside runner. Cincinnati won't move the ball and there should be plenty of chances to run the ball. My prediction is 17 rushes for 70 yards 1 td and 3 receptions for 20 yards.

I would bet a large amount Gordon sits this week. It is an easily winnable game and you want Gordon as close to 100% as possible for KC.

I also think that Jackson has shown enough with his touches that he is the inside runner. Cincinnati won't move the ball and there should be plenty of chances to run the ball. My prediction is 17 rushes for 70 yards 1 td and 3 receptions for 20 yards.

That would be nice since Gus the Bus is running on fumes.

This is fair

I see several people picking him up, just to get burned the next 1-2 weeks... kinda like those that have plug n played Ekeler... twice.

Im a Gordon owner with no interest in JJ/Ekeler whatsoever, not interested in fools gold.

I go CMC, Mixon, Chubb (flex)... life is good.

In the game and a half since Gordon went down JJ is averaging 8 yards a carry. we saw it last year with Alex Collins and Aaron Jones and this year with Lindsey and Adams; if you are averaging an eye popping ypc number you will get every chance to prove its not a fluke. Against the worst fantasy defense JJ will be an intriguing flex play this week.

He also might be better as the guy who comes in every so often as a change of pace. It appears to me Ek has become useless since he was elevated up to be the man. Maybe being the man adds to much stress and you don’t play as well. Maybe some people just can’t handle that pressure. Who knows if this kid, were he given the starting job, would have the same results? He might be another Ek.

Ekeler is the size of a miniature Elf. No way he can be expected to carry the load as a top rb.

Austin is quick as a cat, extremely good receiver and needs to stay in his original role with around 5 additional touches. No way you bang him into the oline 20 times a game like Gordon.

I see several people picking him up, just to get burned the next 1-2 weeks... kinda like those that have plug n played Ekeler... twice.

Im a Gordon owner with no interest in JJ/Ekeler whatsoever, not interested in fools gold.

I go CMC, Mixon, Chubb (flex)... life is good.

We of course with those options you do. Not everyone has that option.

We of course with those options you do. Not everyone has that option.

exactly, not everyone has that lineup

exactly, not everyone has that lineup

I had Melvin/Kerryon/Chubb. Unfortunately I used to have better.

And somehow in ESPN this week in my league Ekeler is project for 19 to Jacksons 10. Which is absurd.

I had Melvin/Kerryon/Chubb. Unfortunately I used to have better.

And somehow in ESPN this week in my league Ekeler is project for 19 to Jacksons 10. Which is absurd.

I wonder sometimes if espn, cbs, yahoo, etc is just done by a computer on past performance. Not what actually happened or what the coach is saying, or how Jackson saved the chargers in the 2nd half.

I wonder sometimes if espn, cbs, yahoo, etc is just done by a computer on past performance. Not what actually happened or what the coach is saying, or how Jackson saved the chargers in the 2nd half.

It has got to be algorythm based. Because Jackson is clearly the guy for touches, so much so that Rivers called him out post game as "breaking out".

I gotta start this clown and gus focking edwards in my money league playoffs. Eat sh!t Gordon and Hunt. Fock me

Link? Thanks!

not sure how to link it but it's CBS Sportsline projected as 12.3 points

Did you guys see the quote attributed to Lynn about Ekler showing signs of breaking down? When youre the COP guy and your coach says that after 12 games, thats not a good sign

Did you guys see the quote attributed to Lynn about Ekler showing signs of breaking down? When youre the COP guy and your coach says that after 12 games, thats not a good sign

Unless you are a Jackson owner. Then it is a great sign!