Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost

No more dinners with female colleagues. Dont sit next to them on flights. Book hotel rooms on different floors. Avoid one-on-one meetings.

In fact, as a wealth adviser put it, just hiring a woman these days is an unknown risk. What if she took something he said the wrong way?

Across Wall Street, men are adopting controversial strategies for the #MeToo era and, in the process, making life even harder for women.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-03/a-wall-street-rule-for-the-metoo-era-avoid-women-at-all-cost

• Like 1

Yup, the movement set women back decades. I cant think of a recent movement that didnt backfire and cast negative light on the people it intended to help.

I am not buying this article even one bit. :thumbsup:

Yeah, because it makes no sense whatsoever. Eye roll

I am not buying this article even one bit. :thumbsup:

You can't comprehend any article even one bit.

It’s pretty simple really, women are a massive liability at the top of these food chains. They are out for blood and trigger happy for any opportunity to sue or even just lie and sue. People side with them no matter what so even an accusation of improper conduct could be detrimental to a guys career. It’s really sad that it’s come to this.

I put a blanket over my cubicle and a "no girls allowed" sign just to be safe.

Too many women I know have falsely accused guys I know of sexual assault or rape. I don't know a single man that hasn't been falsey accused.

Too many women I know have falsely accused guys I know of sexual assault or rape. I don't know a single man that hasn't been falsey accused.

You must hang with a really rapey crowd.

If it didn't happen to me then it didn't happen. But I bet you think the KKK and Nazis are a real threat. Lol.

My attorney friend says he won't say anything remotely complimentary to his secretaries anymore for fear of being sued or simply accused. No more "nice haircut" or "you look nice today.", etc. Only work related stuff.

At my office we recently hired a young appraiser chick who could definitely use some advise, but she doesn't get any help from me. "Hello and goodbye" - that's it.

Are you suggesting that you know actual men who haven't been falsely accused of rape? I don't believe it.

Wow. Intelligent comment.

I don't doubt this one bit, I have been practicing this approach for years.

Hell, I saw women making false accusations time and again, going way back, in the Marines....they fully weaponized that long ago.

The smart play is avoiding contact where possible, and if unavoidable, make damb sure there are other people nearby who can attest to what was done or said.

Are you suggesting that you know actual men who haven't been falsely accused of rape? I don't believe it.

Yeah, but they tend to work out and dress well, so women arent repulsed by them on sight. :thumbsup:

My attorney friend says he won't say anything remotely complimentary to his secretaries anymore for fear of being sued or simply accused. No more "nice haircut" or "you look nice today.", etc. Only work related stuff.

At my office we recently hired a young appraiser chick who could definitely use some advise, but she doesn't get any help from me. "Hello and goodbye" - that's it.

Soon that will be the next scandal. NOT harassing will be a form of harassment. Oh you too scared to compliment me or say my hair is nice? I’m not good enough for you? That’s sexist! My boss is a sexist pig and it’s a hostile work environment!

Constantly complaining in the office about everything from the temperature to the choice of toilet paper, any gossip or office drama 99% of the time stems from a woman and the chance that you could be falsely accused of something is enough reason to not hire a woman unless you have to. And on top of all that they complain that they don't make enough.

I read that article a couple days back.

I am sure there are instances of executives putting rules like that in place for themselves, and in those instances it is potentially hurting women in those companies. But if we created a Venn diagram showing those executives along with executives that maybe had a few complaints against them occur even before the #metoo era began, I bet we'd see a rather large overlap.

As for the article, I am sure the sources and whatnot are legit, but carefully chosen....as it also reads like someone had an extremely passive aggressive agenda in writing it.

In my Experience, women are more of a detriment than an asset in the workplace.

I am sure there are instances of executives putting rules like that in place for themselves, and in those instances it is potentially hurting women in those companies. But if we created a Venn diagram showing those executives along with executives that maybe had a few complaints against them occur even before the #metoo era began, I bet we'd see a rather large overlap.

As for the article, I am sure the sources and whatnot are legit, but carefully chosen....as it also reads like someone had an extremely passive aggressive agenda in writing it.

Exactly this.

I refuse to have contact with women at work. They are completely excluded from any type of conversation other than work stuff. Even then I would rather avoid talking to them since they do not make very good pipefitters. We have to let them in though because, you know, diversity

• Like 1

I refuse to have contact with women at work. They are completely excluded from any type of conversation other than work stuff. Even then I would rather avoid talking to them since they do not make very good pipefitters. We have to let them in though because, you know, diversity

Disagree. Most of the women I know are quite willing and able when I invite them to do some pipefitting. :dunno:

• Haha 1

MDigbyC should be able to get a girl Friday job anywhere now.

I hope your take is correct. Also, glad someone is able to have a nuanced take here.

Pence's motivation doesn't stem from the idea of being falsely accused, it's more of a moral propriety choice. It's also specific to having dinner together, or being at an event where alcohol is being served and his wife isn't present. Saying these men are channeling him isn't quite right.

Pence's motivation doesn't stem from the idea of being falsely accused, it's more of a moral propriety motivated choice. It's also specific to having dinner together, or being at an event where alcohol is being served and his wife isn't present.

Isn't it weird how having good morals keeps you out of troubling situations?

Eventually the workplace will be flooded with fugly women deemed as safe from advances.

Then we'll have to deal with that sexist tangent all over again.

The circle of strife.

If it didn't happen to me then it didn't happen. But I bet you think the KKK and Nazis are a real threat. Lol.

No i dont. Overblown by the media

More #metoo fallout.  Dude put the brakes on female going on campaign trip with him unless she brought a male companion.

In our case it was a female reporter asking to ride along, and my campaign director is in and out and gone sometimes -- we have to divide and conquer -- and there was just going to be a lot of opportunities where it would've been an awkward situation I didn't want to put myself in."

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/07/10/politics/robert-foster-reporter-mississippi/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwtvr.com%2F2019%2F07%2F11%2Fmississippi-gubernatorial-candidate-stands-by-refusal-to-allow-female-reporter-to-interview-him-alone%2Famp%2F%3Futm_campaign%3DtrueAnthem%3A%2BTrending%2BContent%26utm_content%3D5d27c7cc8e73cc0001646dbd%26utm_medium%3DtrueAnthem%26utm_source%3Dtwitter%26__twitter_impression%3Dtrue

This all could have been settled years ago with a couple of swift kicks to the balls. 

Kind of ironic in the era of women wearing yoga pants (leaving little to the imagination) they're complaining they're getting less guys 'stepping up' to ask them out.   :doh:

Earlier this year when I was new in my job, a colleague suggested hitching a work related (it was totally elective for me though, just would have been good to do) ride with another colleague who was going to be going a couple hours away. So I explored it with him, and it turns out he abides by this rule. He would have been doing me a favor, so regardless of reason, it was well within his preogative to not be up for it. I don't have a problem with it but objectively speaking it was socially awkward. Makes it feel unnatural that we -men and women - need to work together then. If a decent guy wants to make me a kept woman though, I can roll with that solution :D (Actually like my job).

What a shame that women have willingly let the democrats use them for sexual harassment purposes. 

Democrats, their leftists elements in particular, have a long history of exploitation.  It is central to their existence and they never miss an opportunity to exploit a situation and people to garner favor for votes.  Their thirst for power is both startling and unsettling and their misuse of that power is repugnant.