Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Chinese CEO arrest may prompt China to retaliate

China could 'take hostages' and is almost certain to retaliate against the United States, experts say, after the stunning arrest of a top Chinese tech executive for allegedly trying to skirt sanctions on Iran.

Huawei Technologies' chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou was arrested Saturday in Canada and faces extradition to the U.S. Meng was taken into custody on behalf of the U.S. while she was transferring flights in Vancouver, the tech company said.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-will-retaliate-huawei-cfo-meng-wanzhous-arrest-may-take-hostages-expert-says

Deep in the article is this "“Detaining a person without providing an explanation has undoubtedly violated her human rights,” Geng said, adding the Chinese government “has made clear our solemn positions to the U.S. and Canada.”"

OK, LMFAO at Chinese saying anything about human rights....

Boom

Who gives a fock if they retaliate.

Best guess? Any CEO in China that THEY detain.....

Best guess? Any CEO in China that THEY detain.....

Uh oh. Volty and his wife just started their own company.

First Wiffle, now Volty and Titans? We're in trouble.

Uh oh. Volty and his wife just started their own company.

:lol: :huh: :ninja:

Fock the chinks.

They are doing a huge drug crackdown right now.

Last week, they raided a foreigner bar. Pulled everyone in there out and took them to the police station. Took piss tests and hair tests. Kept people in there for 24 hours, even if they passed. No phone calls. No food.

Then there is the couple hundred thousand ethnic minorities in concentration camps right now.

I'm really disappointed Trump pussed out on raising the tariffs recently.

I will be focused on getting out of here as soon as reasonably possible. Fock this place and these people.

Fock the chinks.

Last week, they raided a foreigner bar. Pulled everyone in there out and took them to the police station. Took piss tests and hair tests. Kept people in there for 24 hours, even if they passed. No phone calls. No food.

Then there is the couple hundred thousand ethnic minorities in concentration camps right now.

I will be focused on getting out of here as soon as reasonably possible. Fock this place and these people.

By ethnic minorities you mean Muslims?

No, I mean Uyghurs, who yes, also tend to be Muslim.

I heard about this. Think we had a discussion. I'm surprised the SJWS's in Hollywood aren't all over this, considering the amount of business they do in China. I mean all Trump wanted to do was verify they weren't in Isis or Al-Queda and they flipped out.

The bride is up for that?

The bride is up for that?

She's mainly concerned about our income. If I can replace all or most of it elsewhere, she's cool.

So next semester I will scour the globe for such jobs. If I can find it, we can leave next year.

If not, we will stay here for several more. I will start teaching online and other things to maximize income, aiming to retire to the Phils within the next three years.

Those are the plans. Unfortunately, her ethnicity makes replacing her income in other countries more difficult. I could go to Taiwan, viet nam, Thailand, Korea, Japan, etc. Her, not so much.

I could make a lot more in Saudi. But moving from a commie dictatorship to a muzzle one seems like a lateral move at best.

She's mainly concerned about our income. If I can replace all or most of it elsewhere, she's cool.

So next semester I will scour the globe for such jobs. If I can find it, we can leave next year.

If not, we will stay here for several more. I will start teaching online and other things to maximize income, aiming to retire to the Phils within the next three years.

Those are the plans. Unfortunately, her ethnicity makes replacing her income in other countries more difficult. I could go to Taiwan, viet nam, Thailand, Korea, Japan, etc. Her, not so much.

I could make a lot more in Saudi. But moving from a commie dictatorship to a muzzle one seems like a lateral move at best.

Marrying her overseas, can she move to the US now if you both decided to or would there still be a lot of red tape?

Marrying her overseas, can she move to the US now if you both decided to or would there still be a lot of red tape?

From what I unserstand, at present, there is more or less an unofficial freeeze on visas.

I have friends that have been unable to get their Chinese wives in just to visit.

We will be applying for a tourist visa soon. I don't have high hopes..

I'm all for curtailing illegal immigration and tightening the loopholes in the legal process, but damn, a tourist visa for someone married to a citizen, with adequate income, a support and invitation letter from my parents, and a history of entering and living in half a dozen countries with no overstays shouldn't be so damn hard.

The only reason I'd live at home would be temporary anyway. If we both could get masters degrees in education, that could double our income. Me because I'd have real credentials, her because she'd be considered a native speaker at that point. While there, do the process to get her citizenship and a real passport.

But that would cost a lot of money, and years. At almost 40, I don't know that I care to do that.

Fock the chinks.

Damn dude while you're still over there you may want to watch what you say

Fock the chinks.

You must have a really high level of education to have come up with that profound statement.

Damn dude while you're still over there you may want to watch what you say

On their media I do. On ours, via VPN, I don't worry about it. Unless I'm doing a blog or YouTube channel with thousands of followers, they're not gonna notice.

And if they do, I get deported. Oh well.

On their media I do. On ours, via VPN, I don't worry about it. Unless I'm doing a blog or YouTube channel with thousands of followers, they're not gonna notice.

This may sound weird, but what if you did get deported? You seem pretty cavalier about it. Would you leave your bride or could you not live without her?

Or maybe you just go missing. Seriously I would watch what you say.

This may sound weird, but what if you did get deported? You seem pretty cavalier about it. Would you leave your bride or could you not live without her?

We'd go somewhere else together.

Or maybe you just go missing. Seriously I would watch what you say.

Meh. Over 400 Brits have been deported so far this year for drugs alone. Probably more Americans.

They only disappear their own generally.

Meh.

Yeah but, this board is deep state and those fockers know it. :bandana:

Meh. Over 400 Brits have been deported so far this year for drugs alone. Probably more Americans.

Still. You can't trust communists. This bored will take a significant hit if you were to disappear.

Still. You can't trust communists. This bored will take a significant hit if you were to disappear.

You're probably right. I should STFU.

The china subreddit is so much fun though. Just dozens of us teeing off on a few of them.

Every day China cheats, lies, steals is a really.....really....bad player in international commerce, to hear them be upset over ANYTHING in this arena, is a joke....

Every day China cheats, lies, steals is a really.....really....bad player in international commerce, to hear them be upset over ANYTHING in this arena, is a joke....

But they got that sweet sweet slave I mean low cost labor.

China has criticised Canada over its treatment of Huawei Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Meng Wanzhou, who was arrested in Canada last week.
The Chinese government said Canada has not allowed Meng proper medical care while in detainment and has called for her immediate release on medical grounds.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/12/china-slams-canada-inhumane-treatment-huawei-cfo-181210110550903.html

I still find anything China might say about human rights to be wildly entertaining.....it takes a helluvalot of gall for them to open their mouth about ANY other nations "human rights" activities...