Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Virginia Teacher on leave for not using male prounouns for female student

https://www.christianpost.com/news/virginia-teacher-punished-for-refusing-to-use-transgender-students-preferred-pronouns.html

Interesting in the fact that hes in trouble not for something he said, but what he wont say. Apparently hes using the male name as requested, but wont call she a he.

This reporter is tweeting excerpts from the school board hearing tonight.

Check out Graham Moomaw (@gmoomaw): https://twitter.com/gmoomaw?s=09

Insane. Drive away the good teachers over arbitrary crap like this, and then complain about the lack of good teachers.

We are doomed.

This. We are so focked. I don't even feel sorry for us anymore. Everything awful thing that happens to our collective stupid asses, we have coming. We are fools.

Like a similar transgender rights case in nearby Gloucester County

Fukkin edjr :mad:

I am by no means a supporter of lawsuits, but that is what we need here. As a society we need to fight this.

The left has the biggest Nazi movement going on since Hitler himself helped build one up. It was slow moving but has been picking up speed over the 8 years before 2016.

This is out of control... One of my daughter's friends sister came out as transgendered a couple of years ago... I still call her by her given name and say "she/her"... I won't use what she is going by now until her DNA gets changed...

I am by no means a supporter of lawsuits, but that is what we need here. As a society we need to fight this.

Agree. :thumbsup:

Libtards hate these stories. Especially now that there are so many of them and aren't so easy to be dismissive about

This is out of control... One of my daughter's friends sister came out as transgendered a couple of years ago... I still call her by her given name and say "she/her"... I won't use what she is going by now until her DNA gets changed...

I’m a boy...no, you are a girl with a short haircut and no makeup.

Thats focked up. Teacher seems like a it of a drama wh0re - he couldve avoided using any pronouns with the tranny and not told anybody and no one would have known. But he shouldnt be fired and probably has the basis of a big lawsuit.

Thats focked up. Teacher seems like a it of a drama wh0re - he couldve avoided using any pronouns with the tranny and not told anybody and no one would have known. But he shouldnt be fired and probably has the basis of a big lawsuit.

He actually did avoid using any pronouns and that caused the complaint that the student was being singled out, not treated like the other students.

I read a local-to-Richmond news article on it; didn't get the impression he's a drama wh0re. Well liked teacher.

The student and parents met with Vlaming on multiple occasions and expressed their concerns. Vlaming shared his position with the parents and said he would use the student’s new name and avoid offensive pronouns, according to Voyles.

But after an incident where the student was wearing virtual reality goggles and almost ran into a wall in the hallway and Vlaming shouted “don’t let her run into the wall,” the parents said it was unhealthy for their child to remain in Vlaming’s class, according to school division’s attorney Stacy Haney.

Hochman then recommended Vlaming be placed on administrative leave; Abel approved the recommendation and put Vlaming on leave to investigate the situation.

Abel said she ultimately wanted to reach a resolution with Vlaming. Abel went to Vlaming and said he could come back to school if he started using the male pronoun for the student and met with the student and parents informing them that he would use it.

Vlaming said he would not comply with Abel’s request and Abel then recommended that the School Board terminate his employment.

Keep in mind he had her in his class the year before as well.

West Point students walk out of class to support fired teacher